Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: v1.7x Bug Reports

Default Re: Bug Reports

This was with the version prior to today and I don't know if it is a vanilla bug or not but....Playing as Russia I was in a battle with Sweden. The Russian unit that inspires fear in their opponents (sorry, can't remember the name. They unit available from the start. Begins with a Sk maybe?) was lined up in a line facing an enemy unit. They ran out of ammunition but continued to pop off shots a here and there against a unit holed up behind a wall. I thought that was odd so I fast forwarded for about 15 mins of battle time and the whole time the continued to pop off shots killing a Sweden soildier every now and then. Since the swedes weren't moving being the last unit left I let it run until about 5 mins left in a 60 min battle. My ammunition-less soldiers were able to dwindle the militia unit from 160 when they all officially ran out of ammunition down to 123 before i Charged all my forces to win the battle.

If I hovered the curser over the enemy unit it would show correctly as only a sword as nobody had any bullets but as long as I left them back on guard and fire at will they would just pop off shots here and there, few soldiers at a time.

Not sure if this is intended as part of the AOR, but playing as Russia and Poland I have noticed there are two different Line Infantry that can be recruited. They are quite similar in stats and cost, but one causes fear and one does not.

Also noticed when selecting certain artillery units as Britain that the voice responses they give are infantry responses.

Great mod by the way. Absolutely love it!!

Lord Zimoa's Avatar Slitherine Games
    Citizen

That is one of the best things in this mod the AOR.

AOR Summary:
    Regiment of Foot: this is a generic type of infantry unit. It is recruitable in almost any type of European province, as long as the correct buildings are present. It is not a great deal in term of cost to performance, but it is not limited in numbers.

"Named" Regiments of Foot: these regiments are recruitable in a single province, and always in a limited number. The numerical limits can vary quite a bit -- from 16 or 18 for France and Russia, to 6 for the smaller minors. Majors can recruit at least 12 named line from their capital province. Some majors, notably Britain and Austria can recruit multiple types of line (Britain can recruit Scots and Irish if they build the right buildings; Austria can recruit Hungarian).

These regiments are always a better deal -- even if their quality isn't a lot better than the generic Regiment of Foot, they will cost less.

Here's the best part: any European power that conquers a recruiting province can then recruit those line troops in their own armies. The new units will also all keep their old uniforms.

Please note that the quality of line units does not reflect the mod designers' opinions on the quality of national or ethnic groups! Rather is a reflection of training, doctrinal usage and societal factors. Any well-led, well-paid and well-trained soldier will be a good soldier.

Germanic Line
    These Regiments of Foot, while not quite to the Prussian standard, are raised and trained on the Prussian model. They value good leadership, a quick rate of fire and strong mutual support, but they are a little more expensive to raise.
    Bavaria, Saxony, Westphalia, Wurttemburg, Hannover

Italian Line
    These Regiments of Foot are made of strong willed and brave individuals -- but they are poorly led, and not trained to the highest standard. Their rate of fire is a little slower than average, but they defend tenaciously. Unfortunately, due to mediocre officers and NCOs, their morale is a little lower. They are a bit less expensive to raise.
    Genoa, Papal States, Savoy, Venice

Scots and Irish Line
    These Regiments of Foot are trained on the British model, and they value strong mutual support and high rate of fire. The rough upbringing of the Scottish and Irish soldiers has made them deadly in hand-to-hand combat. They are more expensive to train.
    Scotland, Ireland (with military buildings)

Others
    Hungarian Line, like Austrian, is poorly trained and led. Hungarian soldiers do not lack bravery, however, and have a devestating charge. They are cheaper to raise.
    Hungary

Danish Line is trained to a high standard, and led well -- they must be, in order to resist the Swedish advances accross the Baltic. Danish Line has has a very strong charge and is dangerous in melee.
    Denmark

Polish Line has a slower rate of fire, a strong charge, but is not well led. They are a little cheaper to raise.
    Poland

Portuguese Line has been trained along a British model. They are strong defensively, but not well led.
    Portugal

Dutch Line is all around good, but does not excel (or lag) in any one area.
    The Netherlands

Walloon Guards are well trained, highly motivated soldiers. They are as good as any Guard Infantry in Europe (and as expensive to raise and train!). They are recruitable in Flanders with an Army Staff College.
    Flanders

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    Do you see a CTD every time you try to merge that unit into Abo?
    Regarding the cav only attacks on forts: that's a feature of vanilla. It's pretty irritating.
    OK, scratch Abo... Repeated several times - no more CTDs.

Quote Originally Posted by F@32 View Post
    OK, scratch Abo... Repeated several times - no more CTDs.
    Sounds like a run of the mill, ETW-crashed-randomly bug...

Quote Originally Posted by Macroi View Post
    Not sure if this is intended as part of the AOR, but playing as Russia and Poland I have noticed there are two different Line Infantry that can be recruited. They are quite similar in stats and cost, but one causes fear and one does not.

Also noticed when selecting certain artillery units as Britain that the voice responses they give are infantry responses.

Great mod by the way. Absolutely love it!!
    Yeah, there are some voice problems in Vanilla -- the one you noticed, the Native American Mounted Musketeers says "horse guards" when you select them, and telling your ship to turn left make the helmsmen say 'starboard', and right is 'port'. Just that more evidence of an extremely rushed and unready game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru80 View Post
    This was with the version prior to today and I don't know if it is a vanilla bug or not but....Playing as Russia I was in a battle with Sweden. The Russian unit that inspires fear in their opponents (sorry, can't remember the name. They unit available from the start. Begins with a Sk maybe?) was lined up in a line facing an enemy unit. They ran out of ammunition but continued to pop off shots a here and there against a unit holed up behind a wall. I thought that was odd so I fast forwarded for about 15 mins of battle time and the whole time the continued to pop off shots killing a Sweden soildier every now and then. Since the swedes weren't moving being the last unit left I let it run until about 5 mins left in a 60 min battle. My ammunition-less soldiers were able to dwindle the militia unit from 160 when they all officially ran out of ammunition down to 123 before i Charged all my forces to win the battle.

If I hovered the curser over the enemy unit it would show correctly as only a sword as nobody had any bullets but as long as I left them back on guard and fire at will they would just pop off shots here and there, few soldiers at a time.
    I thinks that's a new and undocumented feature of 1.2. I think this is actually a good solution for when a unit expends its ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by sage2 View Post
    I thinks that's a new and undocumented feature of 1.2. I think this is actually a good solution for when a unit expends its ammo.
    Sounds good to me ;-)

had two possible bugs that i noticed:

1) playing as france i invaded savoy...fought a major battle personally with about 1200 soldiers against 2000...defeated savoy soundly lost probably 100-200 troops defeating them almost entirely...the comp asks if i want to end battle...i continue for about 2min to mop up troops with my cav...then i end battle...at the resolution screen it states that i have lost almost 900 soldiers!...not sure if this is vanilla related or mod related as i havent fought another battle since...just wanted to bring it up incase others have had same issue...

2) fought at least three naval battles using galleons and frigates and flyuts...on each occasion the fully repaired galleons that i have managed to capture start the game with 39/60 guns...now i remember u stating that u have reduced the galleon because it was OP and a-historic...the problem lies in the fact that when a galleon broadsides it is firing as if it had all its guns...in particular i fought a comp british fleet that had 4 galleons all damaged and having no more than 17 guns all the way down to 5 guns...when they broadsided they fired as if they where at least double in gunnage...again im not sure if this is related to you changing them or if this is some kind of vanilla bug...

that is all i have seen so far...by far an excellent mod that i am enjoying thoroughly...

Quote Originally Posted by gogopher View Post
    had two possible bugs that i noticed:

1) playing as france i invaded savoy...fought a major battle personally with about 1200 soldiers against 2000...defeated savoy soundly lost probably 100-200 troops defeating them almost entirely...the comp asks if i want to end battle...i continue for about 2min to mop up troops with my cav...then i end battle...at the resolution screen it states that i have lost almost 900 soldiers!...not sure if this is vanilla related or mod related as i havent fought another battle since...just wanted to bring it up incase others have had same issue...

2) fought at least three naval battles using galleons and frigates and flyuts...on each occasion the fully repaired galleons that i have managed to capture start the game with 39/60 guns...now i remember u stating that u have reduced the galleon because it was OP and a-historic...the problem lies in the fact that when a galleon broadsides it is firing as if it had all its guns...in particular i fought a comp british fleet that had 4 galleons all damaged and having no more than 17 guns all the way down to 5 guns...when they broadsided they fired as if they where at least double in gunnage...again im not sure if this is related to you changing them or if this is some kind of vanilla bug...

that is all i have seen so far...by far an excellent mod that i am enjoying thoroughly...
    1 -- That's a vanilla bug. One of the most frustrating in the game actually. If you click continue, you MUST chase down every last guy until the battle force-ends, otherwise it auto-calcs results as if the routers are attacking you. Yeah, it's really that lame.

2) You mean they seem to have too many guns? There's actually no way to change gun numbers, since it's linked to the model. So I didn't didn't do that! I would very much like to be able to do this, however.

I can clarify the point about guns. If ship has 20/60 guns at the start of battle and it broadsides, it will fire all 20 guns, as if all the working guns were on that side. I've seen that happen in quite a few battles with badly damaged ships and I actually counted cannonballs fired to be sure. As a result, 39/60 galleon will still fire full broadside of 28 guns, or whatever it is. (I think, didn't pay attention to it in game).

Also I noticed another strange thing about naval combat, although I'm not sure if it's a bug. Two ships of the line at full hull strength firing full broadside into eachother at extremely short range won't cause almost any casualties, only hull damage. Once they are damaged, further shots will destroy cannons and kill crew quite fast. I don't know just how strong those hulls were, but it seems strange that shots wouldn't penetrate them at ranges of few meters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbar View Post
    I can clarify the point about guns. If ship has 20/60 guns at the start of battle and it broadsides, it will fire all 20 guns, as if all the working guns were on that side. I've seen that happen in quite a few battles with badly damaged ships and I actually counted cannonballs fired to be sure. As a result, 39/60 galleon will still fire full broadside of 28 guns, or whatever it is. (I think, didn't pay attention to it in game).

Also I noticed another strange thing about naval combat, although I'm not sure if it's a bug. Two ships of the line at full hull strength firing full broadside into eachother at extremely short range won't cause almost any casualties, only hull damage. Once they are damaged, further shots will destroy cannons and kill crew quite fast. I don't know just how strong those hulls were, but it seems strange that shots wouldn't penetrate them at ranges of few meters.
    Interesting. I doubt I can do anything to resolve either issue -- be sure to post these on the .com forum bug section.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Macroi View Post
    It is indeed intended. In the future we're planning to give these different unit cards and skins so it is easier to distinguish between them. I admit I was a bit confused first time I saw it too
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

pretorian's Avatar Civis

It's quite easy to recognize because one of this has brighter shade of uniform. Second thing it have different name on unit card

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by pretorian View Post
    It's quite easy to recognize because one of this has brighter shade of uniform. Second thing it have different name on unit card
    Consider it a lucky bug For some nations (Austria and France) the cards and skins will look identical. Once I get round to it I will make them look more different. For example, give the "Polish Regiment of Foot" white cuffs and the "Regiment of Foot" blue cuffs, or something of the kind. This would be a nice way of reflecting the variety of uniforms at the time without having to create a new unit for every blasted regiment that ever served
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

weird when i look at the galleons that i have captured as well as the computers that i have not they have a max of 39/60 guns listed...but they fire as if they had 60/60...not sure what is going on then..

pretorian's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    Consider it a lucky bug For some nations (Austria and France) the cards and skins will look identical. Once I get round to it I will make them look more different. For example, give the "Polish Regiment of Foot" white cuffs and the "Regiment of Foot" blue cuffs, or something of the kind. This would be a nice way of reflecting the variety of uniforms at the time without having to create a new unit for every blasted regiment that ever served
    It's fine for me I loved this mod from the moment I'd install it on my computer Keep up with good work !!!

keminsky's Avatar Civis

hello, great modding work u done until now with TROM

i tried ur versions till 1.12, today i tried 1.13 and 1.14, but in these two i have a problem in building queues::
    i have to build 2 line infantry units, in which only vary the values .. and in one of them, there's no text,descriptions, etc

ok here's my script::

mod "the_great_spirit.pack";
    mod "low_tracers.pack";
    mod "mod_lego_retexture_britain.pack";
    mod "BSM_1_8_Very_Light_for_Puckle_MM.pack";
    mod "no_backpacks_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_core.pack";
    mod "Ketz_League_01beta.pack";
    mod "Navy_CTD_Fix.pack";
    mod "horse_mod.pack";
    mod "fonts1steplarger.pack";
    mod "continental_infantry_mod.pack";
    mod "france_new_mod.pack";
    mod "mod_Remo_spain_linemen_textures.pack";
    mod "us_dragoons_mod.pack";
    mod "us_grenadiers_mod.pack";
    mod "us_light_infantry_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_music.pack";
    #mod "sounds_music.pack";

thanks pls say somethin, keep it up!!

That's a crazy amount of mods. You're getting a conflict, somewhere.

I'm also certain that you're probably getting other conflicts as well, although they may have more subtle and far reaching effects.

Finally, I'd also like to point out that some of those mods duplicate features that are already in TROM.

Quote Originally Posted by keminsky View Post
    hello, great modding work u done until now with TROM

i tried ur versions till 1.12, today i tried 1.13 and 1.14, but in these two i have a problem in building queues::
    i have to build 2 line infantry units, in which only vary the values .. and in one of them, there's no text,descriptions, etc

ok here's my script::

mod "the_great_spirit.pack";
    mod "low_tracers.pack";
    mod "mod_lego_retexture_britain.pack";
    mod "BSM_1_8_Very_Light_for_Puckle_MM.pack";
    mod "no_backpacks_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_core.pack";
    mod "Ketz_League_01beta.pack";
    mod "Navy_CTD_Fix.pack";
    mod "horse_mod.pack";
    mod "fonts1steplarger.pack";
    mod "continental_infantry_mod.pack";
    mod "france_new_mod.pack";
    mod "mod_Remo_spain_linemen_textures.pack";
    mod "us_dragoons_mod.pack";
    mod "us_grenadiers_mod.pack";
    mod "us_light_infantry_mod.pack";
    mod "trom_music.pack";
    #mod "sounds_music.pack";

thanks pls say somethin, keep it up!!

say i'm useing version 1.14 and in turn 3 i have already war with 4 nations is this normal? maby i'm doing somthing wrong?
    peace sells . . . . but how's buy'n?

bob dylan: "all the truth in the world adds up to one big lie" things have changed