Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Screenshots, Videos, Signatures, AAR and stories

Default Re: AARs and Stories

Summer, 1795

The great Tsarina Anna is dead. Long live Maria II.

The Tsarina Maria II has decided to continue Anna's plan of Marching south through the Alps from Bavaria. Rome is a prize befiting an Empire the size of Russia. The Russian armies move West into Bavaria. In Sweden, the bruised and bloodied Northern army is slowly recuperating in Stockholm, but the Poles sensing a weakness, and strike North against Warsaw. Warsaw is taken, but the Prussians snap up the eastern-most Polish province. The Poles also march against Lvov, but the Russian Army in the Ukraine relieves the seige.

Russian forces are quickly shifted back to the east. The Austrian army marches North through Polish-occupied Hungary to recapture Warsaw. The Polish army in Warsaw meets the smaller Russian army on the field of battle. Casualties are heavy -- the Pole's Hungarian line is brave and fights with determination -- until the Prussian Cuirassier smash into them from the flank. Russian casualties are heavy -- but the back of the Polish resistance is broken. Warsaw will be retaken -- it cannot stand -- and the Poles will be taught a lesson. They are unnecessary now. They will be utterly smashed.

In India, our forces have held the line against the Marathas and Punjabis. That is enough -- no need to press forward here.

The century is coming to a close. It has been eventful, and Russia has expanded immensely. Russia has never given into the new fad of 'Democracy' or the rights of man. It has not developed as an 'enlightened' nation -- but it has the greatest empire the world has ever seen, spanning from Western Europe to Northern India, the Red Sea to the Arctic Ocean. Perhaps it cannot match the 'prestige' of a nation such as Britain -- but the only thing standing between Russian-speaking England is the good graces the Tsarina Maria II.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

I'm likely to do a British AAR/campaign story sort of thing at some point, albeit in a seperate thread for clarity and so on. It'll be done in a sort of 'realistic' fashion as far as is possible in ETW - playing sides on the Continent against each other, mostly having colonial land wars, and using the Royal Navy to keep the sceptred isle and the Empire safe.

Is anyone interested in reading that? I don't particularly wish to embark upon the project unless I know someone might want to read it!
    Most Serene.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenissima View Post
    I'm likely to do a British AAR/campaign story sort of thing at some point, albeit in a seperate thread for clarity and so on. It'll be done in a sort of 'realistic' fashion as far as is possible in ETW - playing sides on the Continent against each other, mostly having colonial land wars, and using the Royal Navy to keep the sceptred isle and the Empire safe.

Is anyone interested in reading that? I don't particularly wish to embark upon the project unless I know someone might want to read it!
    I'd love to read it, personally. I really enjoy other folks AARs.

Edimonde's Avatar Foederatus

I would love to contribute to this thread with a short AAR of my own, but i would like to use some screenshots aswell... Anybody know of a good screencap program except fraps?

Quote Originally Posted by Edimonde View Post
    I would love to contribute to this thread with a short AAR of my own, but i would like to use some screenshots aswell... Anybody know of a good screencap program except fraps?
    Xfire seems to be good, haven't had any CTDs using it for awhile.

Laetus

It's become increasingly apparent to me as my workload's steadily been increasing with little sign of letting up, that I'll have no chance to continue my AAR at a regular pace. As such, in all likelihood, barring some sort of resurrection in the future, Ch. III of The Rise of the Prussian Nation will be my last update. It's a big disappointment for me, since I wanted to finish it and move onto even more projects, but life is rarely kind enough to take our plans into consideration. Thanks to any TROM readers whove enjoyed it, your support's been appreciated.

Icon10 Victory Russian World Domination GC

OK, here we go lads. I have finally won my H/H Russian World Domination GC! Probably took at least 6-8 weeks. What's refreshing is that late game is no cake walk like in vanilla. TROM will keep you on your toes till last move.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Going to take a break may be with East Indies Company, and then will start French GC.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Screenshots, Videos, Fan Art, Sigs, Photos etc...

Well since I was patiently guided to the right sticky I thought I'd share a vid I made with TROM on you tube.

Thank you suh!

Default Re: Screenshots, Videos, Signatures, AAR and stories

Once India was mine, I controlled an economic powerhouse, a large army, and only one enemy beside the pirates...Britain. They had launched an invasion of my capital at a critical moment, when my military forces were occupied by the Murgals. Only by the narrowest of victories, I was able to drive them off my soil.

I gave the British a taste of their own Imperialistic medicine.
    Damn shame I couldn't use Highlanders against the English...

The Battle of Buxar:
    Mughals vs British
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkNDMkp84g
    I tried to make it look like a movie...I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Ltflak View Post
    The Battle of Buxar:
    Mughals vs British
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TkNDMkp84g
    I tried to make it look like a movie...I guess
    Epic Movie, really good!!!!

Germane

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: Screenshots, Videos, Fan Art, Sigs, Photos etc...

Quote Originally Posted by WarnerVH View Post
    Well since I was patiently guided to the right sticky I thought I'd share a vid I made with TROM on you tube.

Thank you suh!

Why are your Russians marching to Yankee Doodle?

Surprised there is no Preobrahensky or Semenovsky in the mix.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Why are your Russians marching to Yankee Doodle?
    Didn't you know? Yankee Doodle was all the rage in those days. This video was made LONG before all the music mods had come out and that was about the only music mod at the time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234