Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Tech Support for the Rights of Man

Quote Originally Posted by madosopia View Post
    Now for the question... When I play as France in the grand campaign I can't recruit any AOR volunteer units when I capture other European regions. I've captured both Amsterdam and Savoy, but could only recruit the Regiments Étranges, no Dutch or Savoyan volunteers. Maybe it's supposed to be like this, since Regiments Etranges is the same thing as foreign volunteers, but I just want to make sure that I havn't installed the mod in any weird way.

If something isn't the way it should be (none of your changelogs mentions that France won't be able to recruit volunteer units in captured regions) I can also tell you that I have installed the "Les Droits de l'Homme" beta (very nice skins, btw). Maybe that could have messed up things a little, since this "problem" (if it really is a problem, that is) seems to be exclusive to the French campaign...

Anyways, sorry for wasting your precious time and, once again, thank you for such an awesome mod!
    It is indeed the "Droits de l'Homme" submod that causes it. I only became aware of the problem after I released it. It is still a beta though, so you have been warned The problem is simply an internal naming conflict, that causes some AOR units to be unavailable. Savoy line infantry should be available though (at least Württemberg works for me). I'll probably not even fix it for now, since the French Revolutionary mod will be incorporated into TROM and the problem will resolve itself.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Sosobra's Avatar Domesticus

I get random CTDs during Battles , Campaign runs fine but half way through most battles with any faction I get a CTD.
    I am using TROM with all features(music , blood etc)
    I find most people irritating
    SteamID:Sosobra

Quote Originally Posted by Johan217 View Post
    It is indeed the "Droits de l'Homme" submod that causes it. I only became aware of the problem after I released it. It is still a beta though, so you have been warned The problem is simply an internal naming conflict, that causes some AOR units to be unavailable. Savoy line infantry should be available though (at least Württemberg works for me). I'll probably not even fix it for now, since the French Revolutionary mod will be incorporated into TROM and the problem will resolve itself.
    Ah, as I suspected then. Thank you for answering this, just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something else that was causing it.

I'll probably not even fix it for now, since the French Revolutionary mod will be incorporated into TROM and the problem will resolve itself.
    Whats the eta on this?

I was planning on making my next game a Republican French one but if this'll come out soon I'll hold on and start one of my second choice, Prussia.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastro View Post
    Whats the eta on this?
    14 July

Too long to wait, I settled on an Austrian game so I'll go after the French next time.

Lucius Verenus's Avatar Tiro

Default No Sound, N CTD's & Where did my Dragoons go?

Great Mod - the Ai seems more active and intelligent, now seeing Prussian ships tooling about for one

However I found that every time I tried a land battle it would ctd - reload and replay and it would ctd at another point. I was also getting ctd's on main map when doing anything or even nothing.

I turned sound off for battles and no more ctd, left it off for the main map and havent had a ctd in 20 turns - great except now I have a silent game The battle ctd seems mod-related but had the same ctd on the main map in vanilla)

Any ideas how to get sound back for battles without the CTD's ?- I can live without it for the rest

Also I now have no dragoons available, only cav in London and yeoman cav in Dublin. none at all in any of the colonies, I have the buidings and they show dragoons and light dragoons as recruitable but red-ringed. Any ideas why this would be?

EDIT: Took another look, had missed researching carbines- Doh!

I have only installed TROM and the optional packs over Vanilla 1.3 - no previous mods at all

Cheers
    Last edited by Lucius Verenus; July 10, 2009 at 07:33 PM.

Default Re: No Sound, N CTD's & Where did my Dragoons go?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Verenus View Post
    Great Mod - the Ai seems more active and intelligent, now seeing Prussian ships tooling about for one

However I found that every time I tried a land battle it would ctd - reload and replay and it would ctd at another point. I was also getting ctd's on main map when doing anything or even nothing.

I turned sound off for battles and no more ctd, left it off for the main map and havent had a ctd in 20 turns - great except now I have a silent game The battle ctd seems mod-related but had the same ctd on the main map in vanilla)

Any ideas how to get sound back for battles without the CTD's ?- I can live without it for the rest

Also I now have no dragoons available, only cav in London and yeoman cav in Dublin. none at all in any of the colonies, I have the buidings and they show dragoons and light dragoons as recruitable but red-ringed. Any ideas why this would be?

EDIT: Took another look, had missed researching carbines- Doh!

I have only installed TROM and the optional packs over Vanilla 1.3 - no previous mods at all

Cheers
    CA release a hotfix a couple weeks ago that helps fix some of the sound related crashes -- is ETW completely up-to-date for you?

First, thank you so much for making this mod it makes the game enjoyable. I do however have an issue where none of my units actually get experience bonuses. For example, one of my Prussian line regiments with 3 xp is identical stat wise to one that is freshly produced.

Logue's Avatar Semisalis

Hi, i downloaded both files and put everything where it was meant to go but nothing seems to have changed and anytime i start a campaign it crashes giving me a report error message. I didn't have any other mods installed but i did try the odd unlock faction tweak. I am trying a fresh install to see if that will cure it. Has this problem come up before i couldn't see anything in earlier posts?

Fixed it and its now working.
    Last edited by Logue; August 19, 2009 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raga View Post
    First, thank you so much for making this mod it makes the game enjoyable. I do however have an issue where none of my units actually get experience bonuses. For example, one of my Prussian line regiments with 3 xp is identical stat wise to one that is freshly produced.
    Hmm. I never really thought much about this before. It was my understanding that experience was added as a _bonus_ to your existing stats, not a stat change per se. If I'm right it gets added at the time of the battle, not on the campaign map.

I might be wrong though.

Cheers, Moop.

Hey I downloaded the mod but was wondering if you could help me with a little issue. It involves the .script file, I followed the specified route in the readme but I don't have a CA folder in my roaming folder. If anyone could help that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    Hmm. I never really thought much about this before. It was my understanding that experience was added as a _bonus_ to your existing stats, not a stat change per se. If I'm right it gets added at the time of the battle, not on the campaign map.

I might be wrong though.

Cheers, Moop.
    You're right... there is a general ETW bug I never noticed before that only applies the xp bonus on the battlemap. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_bekk View Post
    Hey I downloaded the mod but was wondering if you could help me with a little issue. It involves the .script file, I followed the specified route in the readme but I don't have a CA folder in my roaming folder. If anyone could help that would be great.

If you don't have the folder, then you can make it, but I'd recommend getting the ModManager (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240335) which will generate the scripts for you.

Oh I have the mod manager. So if I have it then I just put the pack files in the data folder and I'm set?

I thought I had it figured out but the unit cards for all the added units are just grey and when the battle loads the new units look like chocolate. The textures aren't loading.

Be sure to activate trom_core_part2 in ModManager.

Foederatus

I installed the mod and played a few turns. it works ok until now but I don't have description to some units like dragoons (i'm playing british)
    is this normal?

Check that the file "trom_text.pack" is in your ..\empire total war\data directory. Also, remove any other mods that modify the localisation text file from this directory.

Foederatus

Check that the file "trom_text.pack" is in your ..\empire total war\data directory. Also, remove any other mods that modify the localisation text file from this directory.
    thanks. now it works properly
    Last edited by amz; September 05, 2009 at 03:16 PM.