Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: v1.70 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (Updated 19 July 2012)

Default Re: v1.42.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 28 June Update)

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    You may want to leave 1.41 up for those who play the variety mod.

I'm just so impressed with these versions that keep on coming.... i'm gonna stick with 1.41 for now so i can play variety mod------ or i may wait a few days until everything is sorted with the variety mod.
    Did 1.41 have any major crashes?

I cannot tell u how good it is to be able to play trom with variety mod again.
    Thanks for the praise! You can use the 1.12 version of the variety mod with 1.42. The fixes in 1.42 don't interfere in any way. The only problem with the recent update of TROM and my mod are the changed text files. A Suggestion: Maybe TROM could integrate my text changes, so I don't have to release a new text file after each update. It's an easy copy and paste job with the exporter/importer, and the extra lines won't do anything if somebody is playing without the variety mod.

Default Re: v1.42.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 28 June Update)

Quote Originally Posted by Yarkis View Post
    Thanks for the praise! You can use the 1.12 version of the variety mod with 1.42. The fixes in 1.42 don't interfere in any way. The only problem with the recent update of TROM and my mod are the changed text files. A Suggestion: Maybe TROM could integrate my text changes, so I don't have to release a new text file after each update. It's an easy copy and paste job with the exporter/importer, and the extra lines won't do anything if somebody is playing without the variety mod.
    Hmmm... let me give this a shot.
    Last edited by sage2; June 28, 2009 at 03:49 AM.

I've fixed the missing strings for Fusiliers, Regiments of Horse and Volunteer Infantry. Next up: incorporate Yarkis's strings to make his life a little easier.

Default Re: v1.43.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 28 June Update)

v1.43.0 up
    * Fixed many missing strings for Fusiliers, Volunteers and Regiments of Horse.
    * Yarkis' strings pulled in to make his life easier in the future.

Libertus

Default Re: v1.43.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 28 June Update)

Soooooo, If we intend using the unit variety submod, we can just use the TROM text pack from now on and we dont need to use the one in v1.12 of Yarkis' submod?

Dubersive's Avatar Libertus

Hey,

First off, thanks for creating this awesome mod! It's addressed many aspects of the game which I felt were lacking and it appears to be working for me, gameplay wise

However, I can't seem to get the music and media packs to function correctly. I've restarted the game several times to see if there's any sort of change at all in music or background...no luck. I have both .packs placed in the /data folder along with all the other mods, and I've put user.empire_script in the /scripts folder as well. I'm not seeing or hearing any difference

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. I didn't realize I had to enable them through the Mod Manager...
    Thanks again, these packs really make the game come alive.
    Last edited by Dubersive; June 28, 2009 at 05:11 AM.

^yeah they do.

I particularly like the choice in music for the loading screens.
    Last edited by Feldspar; June 28, 2009 at 06:23 AM.

Libertus

Forget about my question, Yarkis answered it in his thread. Awesome work by all gentlemen, keep it up!

Am I correct in saying that if I had 1.4 installed, that I don't need to redownload part 2...just part 1 until there is a major fix bringing us to 1.5?
    In God we trust...everyone else gets searched.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeCK View Post
    Am I correct in saying that if I had 1.4 installed, that I don't need to redownload part 2...just part 1 until there is a major fix bringing us to 1.5?
    Yes. 1.40 was the last update to Part 2.

TROM team, I don't know how I've managed to miss you up til now, but, by gum, you've created a really serious piece of work here. I'm running the full business, with music and variety packs, really impressive!

I've got a bit of reading ahead of me now, the original post is full of good stuff I want to know about the mod and the basis for the changes made. Just had to take a moment to congratulate you though.

Best regards,
    Moopere

Quote Originally Posted by moopere View Post
    TROM team, I don't know how I've managed to miss you up til now, but, by gum, you've created a really serious piece of work here. I'm running the full business, with music and variety packs, really impressive!

I've got a bit of reading ahead of me now, the original post is full of good stuff I want to know about the mod and the basis for the changes made. Just had to take a moment to congratulate you though.

Best regards,
    Moopere

Glad you're enjoying it -- let us know if you have any feedback!

Sage

Hey Sage,
    Just finished a game as the french. Wanted to cry at one point when all my ports were blockaded, but made it through in the end. Mod still does wonders. I won't play this game without our mod.

One quick note:
    infanterie vieux (or their equivalent in your mod) have messed up text string. Only says line infantry. I know you are working on this so I wanted you to know what ones still need tweaking.

Murphy

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy82nd View Post
    One quick note:
    infanterie vieux (or their equivalent in your mod) have messed up text string. Only says line infantry. I know you are working on this so I wanted you to know what ones still need tweaking.

Murphy
    Will check. Thanks for your feedback, it's these little things that are tedious to check, so they are easy for us to miss.

Though I don't think we ever touched the descriptions for the Vieux... maybe it's an issue with vanilla ETW? No reason not to fix it though
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Johan,
    My bad, I mean the title of the unit. Instead of infanterie vieux for the appropriate French unit the title of the unit is just "line infantry". I think it's just a matter of fixing it in the text pack. The description of the unit is the description of a regular line infantry unit as well, where I think it had a uniqure description in vanilla. Just something to look at.

Murphy

i didnt see it but is this mod going to use the fraction specific drum music in their mod, and did i see correctly that DLC new units are in this mod for everybody or just the people who paid for them?

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy82nd View Post
    Johan,
    My bad, I mean the title of the unit. Instead of infanterie vieux for the appropriate French unit the title of the unit is just "line infantry". I think it's just a matter of fixing it in the text pack. The description of the unit is the description of a regular line infantry unit as well, where I think it had a uniqure description in vanilla. Just something to look at.

Murphy
    It seems this is also the case for the default Swiss Infantry unit in the ETW patch. I guess it's something we carried over from ETW then.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz Rommel View Post
    i didnt see it but is this mod going to use the fraction specific drum music in their mod, and did i see correctly that DLC new units are in this mod for everybody or just the people who paid for them?
    I haven't tried that faction-specific march music mod. I believe it works by adding a separate drum band unit, yes? I wonder how the AI is coping with that. Any experiences?

The DLC units are of course only available to those who paid for them - we're not pirates after all At one point we will include at least some of those units for everybody, but using the default game models and textures. People who own DLC will continue to see the new models that they paid for of course.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Default Re: v1.44.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 29 June Update)

Great! 1.44 was delivered fast - but not fast enough to save Courland from my wrath.

[this post is here to UP the topic so the users can see that 1.44 is out now; i didn't notice it in time since the topic was marked 'read']
    [sorry for any possible inconvinience]

Default Re: v1.44.0 DOWNLOAD LINKS AND CHANGELIST (1.3 Compatible, 29 June Update)

Thanks for that, I hadn't actually noticed that yet another update was available. These things are being produced so fast I'm about three version behind, trying to finish my French Campaign before upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Didz View Post
    Thanks for that, I hadn't actually noticed that yet another update was available. These things are being produced so fast I'm about three version behind, trying to finish my French Campaign before upgrading.
    Except for the two times we've upgraded startpos.esf, with 1.10 and 1.40, you can upgrade mid-campaign with no harm. I started my current Russian campaign with 1.10, and am still playing it with 1.44.