Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

I'm curious as to which campaign people are playing and why they are drawn to that particular one.

Default Re: Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

I started with the 365 campaign, but that's because the 355 campaign didn't work in the initial version of the beta. Now I'm playing the 355 campaign, and I'm drawn to it because of the challenge it poses, and because it has the potential to be a mirror image of Justinian's campaign. I figure Constantius's 'ERE' won't hold out against all these barbarians and the Sassies, and it will be my job to restore the empire.

If I'm wrong about Constantius's strength, I'm in for a juicy civil war anyway
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

361, Guptas, because I wanted to see what they were like and play with a non-infantry heavy faction. My conclusion is the only viable options are to immediately rush the Kidarites/Sassanids or disband most of your stacks. Your units aren't expensive - far from it, the 72-man elephant is like 250 upkeep and the longbows like ~65 - but you start with like 10 stacks. Finished campaign goals by 363 (4tpy).
    Last edited by Rogue; May 08, 2009 at 06:58 AM.

I am probably mostly going to keep with the 361 campaign, Romans.
    I always loved it and now I have gotten so used to it...
    Last edited by CIaagent11; May 09, 2009 at 01:33 PM.

365 AD; Valens shall defeat Procopius and then the Goths shall be humbled.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

I started both 361 and 365 campaigns, i'm going to play some turns before to choose what campaign playing, it will be the most difficult to survive.
    Why these 2?? 361 because i always loved to rule entire roman empire and i always loved great sole emperors as Julian, and also looking at that oriental limes with full stacks of sassanids ready to hit your troops quite excite me!!!
    365 because seems the most challenging one to me, ruling the western empire against tons of enemies while managing a very bad economy...it sounds great!!!
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

361-lakhmids.

I want to play the main campaign first, then move on t the provincial one.

why Lakhmids? well, I'm Arab (half arab), if that ever helps.

we Arabs like to stick with our homies!
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

355 Quadi
    I just always wanted to play a quadi campagne till victory.
    In IJ2.0a it wasn't possible cause the game crashed at some point.
    But now it works fine and the changes are amazing.
    Thx guys

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Imperial fist, do you play Warhammer 40k? Anyway, I will be playing Imperium Julianorum in the main campaign. Whole empire for the win!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Duck Dodgers's Avatar Laetus

I'm playing 365 as Precopius. I'm having a blast though I have to tip-toe through the minefield to avoid any CTD. I've pretty much figured where I'm going to have a CTD so I try to avoid those confrontations that will cause a CTD. I do believe it is because of some of the sprites.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Dodgers View Post
    I'm playing 365 as Precopius. I'm having a blast though I have to tip-toe through the minefield to avoid any CTD. I've pretty much figured where I'm going to have a CTD so I try to avoid those confrontations that will cause a CTD. I do believe it is because of some of the sprites.
    I'd apprciate some feedback on which factions for the CTD's.

Thanks

I am plaing 361 ad campaign as gaelic tribes. I am playng this campaign because defeating unifited rome is great challenge.
    Last edited by Ostrogoth; May 10, 2009 at 10:36 AM.

I am plaing 361 ad campaign as gaelic tribes
    You're more of a man than I.

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Julianus Flavius View Post
    Imperial fist, do you play Warhammer 40k? Anyway, I will be playing Imperium Julianorum in the main campaign. Whole empire for the win!!
    If you mean DoW, then yes, but only sp from time to time. DoW2 sucks. I bought it, started to play and liked the first few minutes, but got disappointed very quickly. Then just forced myself to play the sp campagne till the end and then kicked the rubbish from the hard disk.
    Its actually the books i like.

Duck Dodgers's Avatar Laetus

Icon10 Re: Which Campaign Are You Playing & Why

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I'd apprciate some feedback on which factions for the CTD's.

Thanks
    Sorry for the lack of feedback. It seems I usually will have a CTD if I fight a battle with a stack having a general unit and especially if its the faction leader. This pertains to the barbarian factions,(Franks & Alemanni) and to East Roman faction. Oh yea, and I had a CTD when the Saxon army w/general layed siege to Londium. When I came out to fight him, I had an instant CTD. I really love this mod and I think that the bugs are minor as I've been able to get through 8-10 turns before I get a CTD.

Love your work!

Quote Originally Posted by Antiochos VII Sidetes View Post
    You're more of a man than I.

at least he doen't have to deal with 3 much superior factions, rather than 1*

I guess we're both more manly than you

so I guess I'm the the most macho man in this forum

jk

lakhmids vs.: Sassanid persia, Romani, and Armenia. and if I survive them, the goths, Gptas, hephthalites, and Huns. quite a fight awaits
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    at least he doen't have to deal with 3 much superior factions, rather than 1*

I guess we're both more manly than you

so I guess I'm the the most macho man in this forum

jk

lakhmids vs.: Sassanid persia, Romani, and Armenia. and if I survive them, the goths, Gptas, hephthalites, and Huns. quite a fight awaits
    The Sassanids or a combination of Sassanids/Romans will destroy Armenia, don't worry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    The Sassanids or a combination of Sassanids/Romans will destroy Armenia, don't worry about them.

that's the thing; I attack early, to catch the a3aajim offguard, so Armenia never gets destroyed.

besides, I relish the challenge of fighting all three at once

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    that's the thing; I attack early, to catch the a3aajim offguard, so Armenia never gets destroyed.

besides, I relish the challenge of fighting all three at once
    I suppose I'm just so scared of this monstrosity which popped up in my Saxon campaign. It's taking over the remnants of the Gupta, too...

Next campaign for me is probably the 355 AD as Constantius to laugh at the AI Julian's probable failure to hold the limes.

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

wait i dont have any camp but 361 and 355 but that just ctds....i want other campaigns...*Pouts in the corner*

i Dled the filefront one like a week ago i think what i do wrong?
    "ANY person,country or race who use's religion as a pretext to kill or conquer deserves neither Religion nore Name"

Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast