Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND

theDV's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND ***new content***

Cool im so going to play this first

Are you planning on using the names shown on the family tree preview? Because Kjvote and Hrgald don't sound very norse to me.. but I might be very wrong

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Sargon_of_Akkad View Post
    I still have to insist that a Jarldom can't be run by a king!

(apologies if someone has pointed this out, but it is so essential for immersion!)
    I answered it in the other threads.

Really great!

Are you going to make different ancillaries for each factions ?

EVYATAR's Avatar EvyatarNevoDesign

nice!
    i relly like the flags! they look so cool!
    R.I.P Blackomur | The Shadow of Ishtar | Proud to be israeli
    My Tutorial | My Workshop | I.A.F Web | 2D Artist & Skinner

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Danova & Pals! you have made my day!!!

Excellent work.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by danova View Post
    Who is Pals?
    Who ever works along side you... Or are they not your friends

I'm not sure if this will help or not, as I see you are finished now with the unit models, but I was reading a book from around about that time, and I learned that most nations in the scandinavia, each person had their own personal patterned shields.

(Like the different knight shields basically)

I hope that helped?

spartan455's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    I've never heard of "Chudes" before, even so its unlikely, because I'm from Norway and we have biggest population of the Sami.

something funny about the Sami's when Sami's came to Norway they all had black hair and a round face

if you look at a Sami family now so have bar 2 of 10 black hair and no one has so runt face longer

it means that we Norwegian's, have made them a lot more Norwegian then Sami

sorry bad eng

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by opel3 View Post
    Are you planning on using the names shown on the family tree preview? Because Kjvote and Hrgald don't sound very norse to me.. but I might be very wrong
    Yes, I also noted this the first time I saw the preview. They're definitely wrong. This looks like Norse vowels with the length mark above them just disappeared due to encoding. Even in this case though the names look unusual. Have you found them in an accurate source?

And by the way, are you going to use singular or plural forms of Norse unit names? Right now they're pretty mixed. E.g. atgeirmenn is plural, while vikingr is singular (more than that, it's víkingr, with an ´ above the vowel).

But compared to these details, the overall quality is SUPERB!

PS - any plans on including Slavic units? Mercs probably. They did sometimes take part in Viking raids, not as an organized force of course. But still as you don't aim at 100% accuracy and include what is historically probable - those guys would be probable.

Breathtaking, your artists are masterly!

Quote Originally Posted by spartan455 View Post
    something funny about the Sami's when Sami's came to Norway they all had black hair and a round face

if you look at a Sami family now so have bar 2 of 10 black hair and no one has so runt face longer

it means that we Norwegian's, have made them a lot more Norwegian then Sami

sorry bad eng
    So... Sami and Nordic people mixed, what relevance does it have to what we were discussing here?

omg SWEET!!!!! Finally a game where i can conquer ICELAND w00t

Icon5 Re: The Last Kingdom - FACTION PREVIEW / HORDALAND ***new content***

Danova, first of all: a BIG thumb up for the work you invest in this project!!!
    As so many others i cant wait to play this incredible good looking mod which takes place in an era which i would have loved to play for such a long time now.

here are my questions:
    1. is it in any way conceivable what date this mod will be released?
    2. did you integrate other (important) mods like ultimate-a-i, realcombat/-arrow, etc.?

thank you very much Danova.
    Your work is very appreciated!

1). The mod is proceeding, just slowly at the moment. Most of what we've planned is integrated, we simply have text and minor graphic work to be worked on.

2a). We are using a modified version of XAI.

2b).Our mod using its own combat balancing system invented by myself, it uses some similar concepts as realcombat and the combat system in EB, but is different from both. You will see that combat tends to be slower, but also allows a commander to have more use of tactics. Combat in this age was often about breaking an enmy's spirit, and thus you will see that the best way to win is by trying to break the enemy army's morale in the most efficient way possible.

Music will be on the way shortly! I haven't access to the files to arrange the voices but I'm plugging away with music.

thanx for the quick answear Gator!
    And sorry for my mistake, i thought Danova is a one-man-show-modder.
    So, ... of course thumbs up for everyone of you who is investing time in providing us with joy!

All of the art is DaNova's, he definately deserves most of the credit

I have to say, I've been lurking on these forums for quite a while now, but I can't sit around not praising this mod any longer.

I have been waiting for so long for a Viking era campaign focusing on the British Isles and Scandinavia, and frankly, this mod looks perfect. The graphics and units are beautiful, and despite the claims that this mod is not focused on providing historical accuracy first, I think the historical accuracy is still probably a step above the average mod. Plus, in an age and setting so steeped in lore and myth, I think that adding a bit of creativity into the mix in this situation actually makes the mod feel more realistic, if that makes any sense whatsoever... In that some of the more mythic elements come out due to the creativity mixed with the history.

This preview, and all the previews, look beautiful, and I thank danova and the rest of the team for all of the hard work they have put in. Keep up the great work!

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I moved all the posts about the climatic theme of Hordaland.
    You found here. (How cold were the winters in the 870s in Hordaland?)
    This part of the mod is closed (units, descriptions, map, etc), please post your VERY IMPORTANT suggestions in to this (Proposals for the Next Version) thread.

Thanks daNova
    Last edited by danova; December 29, 2009 at 02:34 PM.