Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proof of AI amphibious/landing force!!!!

Linkster2o's Avatar Civis

Default Proof of AI amphibious/landing force!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2EuPhalwdc
    The Above link is to my video of a Turkish Fleet, complete with an amphibious task force!
    Its from my Prussian Camp., i'm at peace with the turks, so I don't know where the heck the fleet is going, maybe malta....

Default Re: Proof of AI amphibious/landing force!!!!

i think the thing is that they load to few and rarely land properly but i havent played since this new patch
    I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you F___ with me, I'll kill you all.
    - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Nostalgia aint as good as it used to be

Well the main thing that really surpised me was the fact that they had a full stack on the fleet

eatme's Avatar Senator

Well congrats on such a rarity -)

I still don't believe it.

I've seen this two or three times. Problem is, that AI never (in my experience) disembarks the land army. It keeps it on the ships for ever. Once they even occupied my port in Caribbean with such amphibious force, but it has been done just by moving the fleet into empty port and the land army staid on board.
    Last edited by AngraMainyu; May 07, 2009 at 05:09 AM.

I got France disembark on New England and attacking my unguarded Boston, while I'm attacked by Cherokee at the south. I just see once, I'm playing Maratha now, and I'm still waiting for European army landed on my land. But it never happen until now.

CA should make some importance objective to the game AI, to capture several importance provinces in India and North America. So the AI faction will send more troops and more often to those provinces and takes war to native factions and another European factions who also landed and want to capture the same area.

There are several threads by now about whether someone seen valid attempt of naval invasion or not. I think in current state it is unimportant if they do or do not happen. They will be functional part of the game at the point where they happen with such rate that players will actually have to worry and garrison remote islands (impact on economy). Being such a rarity that many never seen it attempted and few fortunate are posting screen shots or videos like they find Blue Mauritius, the naval invasions may as well don't exists at all.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

In my Russian campaign I am fairly sure that the British landed and took Norway. It wasn't gifted to them as Norway was an independant state at the time. I have yet to see a naval invasion.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I've also seen the results of invasions by sea before, in my campaign the French took over Sri Lanka after I knocked out the dutch.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Thanks for the video

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I rarely if ever pay attention to what is going on too far beyond my borders. I could overlook a lot.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

Cougman21's Avatar Decanus

I had the Spanish land and take the Bahamas from me while playing the British. They only invaded with 3 units though. Bowmen, militia, and a cannon unit i believe.

You know what I don't get? AI never had a problem with naval landings in Civilization, and that came out well over a decade ago. So it's not like the coding "put units on ships. move ships. get units off ships. have units kill stuff" would be a groundbreaking achievement. (I realize that this is a gross oversimplification and likely has little bearing on real game programming, but you get the idea).

I'm new to the series though, did naval invasions happen in the prior TW games? If so, with good frequency and some hint of underlying strategy?

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

BhunterSeal. The Brutii, the Scipii and the Cathagenians used alot of naval landings in Rome. The Brutii had to launch several of naval invasions in order to take over the Greeks, while the two others did regular fighting for Sicily and other islands in the Western Med. The Britons were also famous for sending large armies across the channel, especially in one of my campaigns as the Julii (I had taken all their mainland possessions), where they attacked Northern Gaul every 5 turn.
    In M2 I have seen some battles for Corsica and Sardinia between France, Spain, Milan, Sicily (Normans) and the Moors, but the AI never used ships during crusades. There was also the odd Spanish/Portuguese invasion of Ireland for some people.

On topic: Never seen a naval invasion in ETW as of yet and I have been monitoring the whole world closely to find evidens of such an event.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

I wont believe it until I see it...

Does this mod download itself or do I have do I have to do it? If it downloads itself how can I turn it off?
    -Thanks

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by BHunterSEAL View Post
    I'm new to the series though, did naval invasions happen in the prior TW games? If so, with good frequency and some hint of underlying strategy?
    yep.. in both rome and medieval 2 they were integral and happened regularly. ai factions had no problem crossing water, and many factions built empires on multiple land masses from scratch, or in the case of medieval, even managed to choose to go on crusade using fleets rather than marching across land.. you always had to be aware of naval invasions... in particular if you built your empire across the trade routes of sardinia/corsica/sicily etc.. because they were invasion magnets... turn after turn.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Don't get all excited over a single naval invasion, I have yet to see one in my 100+ turns of warfare.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

I guess I just don't understand how they managed (evidently) to get it right in the previous games but not in this one. Obviously, real-time naval combat was touted as one of this game's most important and unique improvements, but the lack of naval invasions makes control of the seas absolutely worthless except in the case of piracy.

In my Ottoman campaign, Spain has captured one of the Barbary provinces (directly below Sicily). As they are at war, I assume this was done via naval invasion.

Spain now has the province to the West of Egypt. Barbary has the next 2 to the west, and Morocco has captured one to its East. As far as I can see, the only way that distribution could have happened was by naval invasion by Spain.

antaeus's Avatar Cool and normal

Quote Originally Posted by Steeltrap View Post
    In my Ottoman campaign, Spain has captured one of the Barbary provinces (directly below Sicily). As they are at war, I assume this was done via naval invasion.

Spain now has the province to the West of Egypt. Barbary has the next 2 to the west, and Morocco has captured one to its East. As far as I can see, the only way that distribution could have happened was by naval invasion by Spain.
    the ai factions also trade provinces dont they?.. so it could have been a swap or trade.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB MARENOSTRUM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast