Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Drum Regiment Mod: French Only Version Added 13/7/09

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC -- AUM Patch AVAILABLE HERE ; Updated 10th June

Rusty, you've got to help me...

A while ago i had a problem with v2.2 but it's altight now. I've read from Gnr Graham's board and he said that it was someting to do with MM v1.5 so suggested using the MM v1.4 instead, finally it worked!

So now i have the v2.3 installed along with other relevant stuff, but i havn't worked on your manual instructions yet. hate to say but it's really confusing...

Would you mind simplifying it? or showing me some step by step of how to do it?

These are my relevant mods i have at the current in loading order:
    Drummer V2.43 UK Only.pack
    Drummer_UK.pack
    Drummer_France.pack
    Bugler_France.pack
    Bugler_UK.pack
    Drummer V2.3.pack
    French_musicv1.1.pack
    GB_musicv1.1.pack

i also have the AUM patch as well (i didn't even know what's it for but since it's on there so...)

at the moment the burglers just hang'in around with vanilla sound (lazy bluglers!!!), Brit dummers playing french songs....I need some help man, my empire is going chaos!!

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC -- AUM Patch AVAILABLE HERE ; Updated 10th June

Quote Originally Posted by victormc49 View Post
    Rusty, you've got to help me...

A while ago i had a problem with v2.2 but it's altight now. I've read from Gnr Graham's board and he said that it was someting to do with MM v1.5 so suggested using the MM v1.4 instead, finally it worked!

So now i have the v2.3 installed along with other relevant stuff, but i havn't worked on your manual instructions yet. hate to say but it's really confusing...

Would you mind simplifying it? or showing me some step by step of how to do it?

These are my relevant mods i have at the current in loading order:
    Drummer V2.43 UK Only.pack
    Drummer_UK.pack
    Drummer_France.pack
    Bugler_France.pack
    Bugler_UK.pack
    Drummer V2.3.pack
    French_musicv1.1.pack
    GB_musicv1.1.pack

i also have the AUM patch as well (i didn't even know what's it for but since it's on there so...)

at the moment the burglers just hang'in around with vanilla sound (lazy bluglers!!!), Brit dummers playing french songs....I need some help man, my empire is going chaos!!
    Totally agree, the instructions are confusing. I get tired reading them, which is bad considering it beeing an excellent mod. So please, detailed step by step instructions so that we get to try this excellent mod. Thank you!

The order should be

Drummer_2.43UK
    Bugler_France (If the french music is in bugler/cornet format)
    Drummer 2.3
    French mus.
    Engl. Mus.

If you have any others activated then the system will cross reference wrongly.
    You should only have one bugler patch and one drummer patch activated at one time. The drummer patch is currently the Drummer 2.43 UK only
    and the Bugler_France is the bugler patch.

In this order you should ONLY have access to the drummers in the UK and ONLY have access to the Buglers in France.

This should fix it.

A drummer patch will counter the drummer part of 2.3
    the bugler patch will counter the bugler part of 2.3
    The UK 2.43 is a stand alone and should be only loaded last.
    The order is inverted; top is last, bottom is first

Tell me how it goes.
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; June 17, 2009 at 11:37 PM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Currently Working On Hornblower Modification for ETW. Will bring out next version of Drummer when I have access to picture tools.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

No I haven't, no time yet

will do ASAP

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    The order should be

Drummer_2.43UK
    Bugler_France (If the french music is in bugler/cornet format)
    Drummer 2.3
    French mus.
    Engl. Mus.

If you have any others activated then the system will cross reference wrongly.
    You should only have one bugler patch and one drummer patch activated at one time. The drummer patch is currently the Drummer 2.43 UK only
    and the Bugler_France is the bugler patch.

In this order you should ONLY have access to the drummers in the UK and ONLY have access to the Buglers in France.

This should fix it.

A drummer patch will counter the drummer part of 2.3
    the bugler patch will counter the bugler part of 2.3
    The UK 2.43 is a stand alone and should be only loaded last.
    The order is inverted; top is last, bottom is first

Tell me how it goes.
    The Uk 2.43 dosen't work unless to be loaded first. i don't think the Frech music is in cornet/bigler format since the music only work with drummers,

It's kidda confusing that the music packs already contain dummer regiments so I don't need v2.3 to get a drummer regement. even with the v2.3, notting is really different, just the bigger number, that's all

So does it mean i have to edit the the music pack in order to get specific faction music?

I do not know the pack itself, I would think so, but if the french pack is already in bugler form then it does not have to be converted. I remember I made a french pack for Graham that did not require the french bugler patch. I'll find it, so you do not have to modify it.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Hey Rustty,

I've got it working!!

After nights of confusion i finally figured it out based on your instructions. The French pack was in Snare format so i changed it (that was the problem). I also changed the "fire" command to "run" instead since they never fire but usually run most of the time. I have one question, is there any command specificly for the flurtists?

Overall i think there are too many mods to be download so that cause confusion. First i thought the later version mods were patches to get 2 music running at a time, but those were just newer regiments, that's where i misunderstood. Good mods but very bad instructions!! LOL Anyways thnk you for your help

Hey Victor. I would not reccomend using run. but would reccomend using Guard. That way, they stand still, finish one piece, then you click the guard, andd they start playing again. Much more effective!

I understand. I have been trying to clarify it for ages without result. If only I could make complex instructions easy to understand. (maybe if I translate it into latin???)

Flutists never work. It is because they have them on ship. I tried to make it work so that the flutist would be able to play jigs whilst onboard a boat but it won't work.
    the reason why I set the -no drummer- component to flutist was because it did not work hence removing the sound easily.

Anyway, Glad to hear it all works! best of luck.

Rusty.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

WIP Hornblower Modification!!!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post5410122

See here for details

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

A Message to state that Work is continuing.

A thought Has Passed through

Do members prefer the standard drummers for the french, or would they prefur to Use the Lancer model, due to the similarities that they have with the Napoleonic style of Uniform (all apart from the Square shako)

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

As another message

the first of another line.

the Sikh Drummers had been finished for a while so I shall post another image of them.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Picture Next of the Ottoman Drums

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

(4) French Faction Specific Drum Regiment Mod (with Republican and Royalist Drummers)

ALSO

(3). US Faction Specific Drum Regiment Mod

(2). Prussia Faction Specific Cornet/Drum Regiment Mod
    &
    (1). UK Only Version 3.1 Drum Regiment Mod

DOWNLOAD HERE

Right. Here We are everybody. The Indian and drum regiments, complete with full unit cards and descriptions ENJOY

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; July 13, 2009 at 03:36 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Default Re: DRUM REGIMENTS: OTTOMAN AND INDIAN REGIMENTS COMPLETE WITHIN!! Updated 24/6/09

Ottoman And Indian Drum Regiment mods

Drum Regiment .loc File Version 1.5

(Works for Most Mods)

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; July 01, 2009 at 01:40 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Default Re: NEW DRUM REGIMENTS: OTTOMAN AND INDIAN REGIMENTS COMPLETE WITHIN!! Updated 24/6/09

and +rep for you too...

Default Re: NEW DRUM REGIMENTS: OTTOMAN AND INDIAN REGIMENTS COMPLETE WITHIN!! Updated 24/6/09

Hello Rusty

Here are the files that might help you

66X88 = icon cards
    280x300 = info cards

eg 95th_rifles (your .tga) + 95th_rifles_mask. import both into ui/units/icons or info

applelover

Thanks Apple, Although I already found the way to do it.

Great for the help though. +rep.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

UK Only Version 3.0 Drum Regiment Mod Released. Get it Above!!

Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; June 28, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast