Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Drum Regiment Mod: French Only Version Added 13/7/09

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC ; Rusty's ROYAL MARINE MOD 0.5 with NOCK's VOLLEY GUN!!,Ship crew mod V1.1. Updated May 29/09

Version 2.3 Now Available

---Version 2.3 allows complete seperation of buglers and drummers.

---With Factions specific patches: Drummer Patches do not effect Buglers and Buglers do not effect Drummers.

---Now You may have Prussian Brass bands and British army Fife and drum Bands---- both independant of each other.

Or even Fife bands and Brass bands for The United Provinces. etc... The possibilities are staggering..

OTTOMAN and INDIAN VERSION COMING
    Soon to A TWCENTER NEAR YOU!!
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 30, 2009 at 12:18 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC ; Rusty's ROYAL MARINE MOD 0.5 with NOCK's VOLLEY GUN!!,Ship crew mod V1.1. Updated May 30/09

Hello Rusty,

I like the marching regiments and hope you can improve it more and more!

I´m sure you will find some interesting stuff for you here:

http://marsches.narod.ru/france-de.html

check it out, there are hundreds of military marches from all over the world...

greetz

biber (=beaver)

Semisalis

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC ; Rusty's ROYAL MARINE MOD 0.5 with NOCK's VOLLEY GUN!!,Ship crew mod V1.1. Updated May 30/09

OK

The First two mods are different, I think it is about time that I put them in another thread.

The drummer version 2.2 is a previous version of the Drummers mod.

Buglers are available in versions 2.2 and 2.3

Version 2.2 should have Drummers available for all major European nations and Buglers for the same

The Drummer patches should remove the Buglers from 2.2 altogether and make the drummer units, available for one country only.

The Bugler Patches are for Version 2.3 they are essentially the same as the drummers patches for Version 2.2 and before
    They contain files that you choose one of to make the Buglers Faction specific
    Installing that before the main 2.3 in the Mod will make the Buglers faction specific and not effect the recruitment drummers at all.
    The Drummer Patches .Will do the same as the Bugler patches in V2.3. In V2.2 However, they will remove the Bugler units from the game.

Buglers make different music in game. I have utilised this so that the Buglers are able to play another set of music mods different to that of the drummers.

The instruction instructions are up to Convert the modifications and change your music mods so they can be played seperately by different nations.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Semisalis

Version 2.2 works fine, but with V2.3 the game crashes on the unit seleciton screen for cutom battles.

Testing

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Yeah I was getting a crash with 2.3 as well. As soon as I removed it everything was fine again.

OK
    IF You have A patch for Drums or Cornet that is NOT ACTIVATED and is put before the Drummer version 2.3 In the Mod Manager The game will CTD On battle screen when you try to use the nation of which the patch is for.
    Either Activate it or put it below the Full mod in the Manager!

This should do it.
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 30, 2009 at 07:59 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

I had the 1.5 that came with La-De-Dah-Gnr-Graham's pack installed. I had both Austrian-Prussian and British packs. I activated all of them using Mod Manager, but stills, doesn't look like it's really nation specific...it just depends on the loading order......

Last night i tried the 2.2. I just put it there, didn't delete any previous version,the game just stop loading and popped out to windows. It looked like there was something to do with my Sharpe's units mod. I couldn't just give them both activated at the same time....I removed the 2.2 and sticking with the 1.5 for now...

i'm kinda new to this and i'm not sure i'm doing it right.....really confusing... please help!

I cannot be sure if there is a problem just yet It could be a problem with that particular 2.2version.

try using the 2.3 version it may in fact work.

If Not stick with 1.5, Unless you have two Music mods you want it does not make much of a difference.

Hope It works For you a second Time

Rusty
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; May 30, 2009 at 09:36 PM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

First off, This seems like a really cool mod idea but there are WAY to many files and choices. Buglers, no buglers, v2.2, v2.3, 2 different cost options. You really need to boil this all down to one or two clear options. with all the other uniform mods I am running your mod files become too complicated and I can't figure out which files I need for the options I want without reading a half dozen readmes.

Second. This unit needs to have some kind of battlefield effect like aura of morale. Otherwise they become rather irrelevent when building an army other than aesthetics.

That is my 2 cents.

Yes I agree It needs to be simpler. I shall simplify it to 2.23. No buglers. No CAI and only one side. OK the Prussian side I will make only Buglers, but that is besides the point.

And I have already made them more powerful in the latest editions. Their attack and defence is enough to keep them on the front line. Because of the CAI they are now cost prohibitive to lose. and the recruitment of these men is still giving me a headache.

The Drummers Inspire nearby units. AND Frighten the enemy. I bet you would be too if you heard the music they played as they all marched so slowely towards you !!!

So they are not just Aesthetic. But their number makes them so.

I need a poll.

Oh Yes and I shall be giving them proper unit cards and .locs in later versions as well!

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post

Oh Yes and I shall be giving them proper unit cards and .locs in later versions as well!
    Please do that. Unit cards are secondary, but currently it's really confusing because they're all called "line infantry" ;(

Yeah I know!!

I would normally consider the Cards more important because you look for them as well.

I'm making the unit cards from screenshots, so they should be immediately Visible.

Oh and your right about the volley fire, I have been having the music glitch as well. (Thank god it doesn't happen for rippling volleys otherwise it would never play!!)

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Semisalis

Sad ;(

And even stranger, sometimes they will start playing the old boring drum-roll.

That Unfortunately is very very True. You would not believe how I despise it.

Oh well at least its better than a CTD.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC ; Updated 30 May

Right.

AUM Drummer Patch available

I Have Just added the AUM_drummer patch, so that the units in this mod will not all play the faction specific music as well.

The file is below and on the First Page

Remember: Load this after the AUM mod.
    Last edited by Rsty Bloodnok; June 10, 2009 at 04:37 AM.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC -- AUM Patch AVAILABLE HERE ; Updated 10th June

What do I have to download and install if I just want to have these regiments?

Default Re: Drum Regiment V2.3 TWO MUSIC MODS SIDE BY SIDE!! ALL FACTIONALLY SPECIFIC -- AUM Patch AVAILABLE HERE ; Updated 10th June

Well. If you Just want the Mod and no music. (a little superfluous because of how great music sounds with them)

Then just install version 2.3

Followed by the patches of the nation that you are going to play

(so that the AI does not also have the ability to recruit them.)

Apologies of the time delay. (I am a little flat out at the moment)

Hope this helps

Rusty.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast