View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.86, Battle AI Switcher v*.86 and Scripts (Stakes/ShieldWall etc.) for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW 1.1

Thanks and +rep everyone who gave some feedback on the battle AI.
    However, more would still be very appreciated.

I would be also interested if someone can confirm that the AI seems to concentrate too much on the player's general?
    Personally I never experienced this, but I heard some 'rumors' that this would lead to strange AI behaviour...

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Erius's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.86, Battle AI Switcher v*.86 and Scripts (Stakes/ShieldWall etc.) for TATW 1.1 and Real Combat+TATW 1.1

I was wondering, with the recent optimizations for huge unit scale, what is the comparison in AI performance for less than huge vs huge unit scale now.

Live and let live.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@Erius
    General performance for smaller unit sizes isn't negatively influenced, current settings transform some values to let AI engage units further from main troop line while maintaining previous maximal engage range.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

im playing isengard at 20 turns. now orcs of the MM are attacking me. is this because of this mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Joysong View Post
    im playing isengard at 20 turns. now orcs of the MM are attacking me. is this because of this mod?
    Nope, this is related to campaign AI - ZZZZ modified the diplomacy to fit good vs evil scheme, so I recommend downloading it if you see OoMM attacking Isengard as an issue (link here ).

Poll has been added, you're free to express alternative views as well.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 21, 2009 at 06:16 AM.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

Ah now i see why my Ithilien Rangers couldnt plant stakes after I installed RC. Makes sense now, especially since they are supposed ambush and falnk and whatnot, not hold a prolonged position. + rep
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    I would be also interested if someone can confirm that the AI seems to concentrate too much on the player's general?
    Personally I never experienced this, but I heard some 'rumors' that this would lead to strange AI behaviour...
    I never experienced this behaviour with this BAI either here or at SS.

Joysong's Avatar Miles

Nope, this is related to campaign AI - ZZZZ modified the diplomacy to fit good vs evil scheme, so I recommend downloading it if you see OoMM attacking Isengard as an issue (link here ).

Poll has been added, you're free to express alternative views as well.

Regards
    thank you very much Germanicu5, i like your avatar btw make's you look really cocky in a good way

Ragnarök's Avatar Decanus

The AI reinforcements should join the main force, otherwise the player can destroy part 1 and then part 2. The AI has more chances with higher numbers.

The AI Reinforcements should try and flank the human troops(maybe can get them from behind) but to do this while the main AI army still fights. If the human can somehow rout the main AI army then the reinforcements will fly away too , if not they will rush in to help the other orcs/humans .

Also it will be great if the AI could "check" if he attack a human he will have a second stack nearby(reinforcements) and in this cases the AI to attack the human at night to prevent the human to call for reinforcements.

PS (Optional) : It is possible to create for one faction multiple "Family trees" ?!?

Regards , Infinity !!!
    Kids in the back seats causes accidents .
    Accidents in the back seats causes kids .

a few things:

this might relate to already fixed stuff:

-when defending a siege, AI runs from the walls too soon. i normally get a lot of free kills in what should be the hardest part of the siege.
    -same situation, at the plaza, AI doesnt react to missile fire. they even dont react to troops positioning all around the plaza, surrounding them.
    if they charged, it would be harder to surround them (more time, plus more tired troops, if possible)

-AI archers used wisely fire arrows, being few archers left, and that crushed my army spirit, so it was perfect timing too. good one.
    -AI general still too suicidal.
    (havent changed my ai files since last feedback, but now i have more experience with it, regreatably i had not to defend from siege yet.. at turn 92)

about the poll:

when i am attacked by two enemies, if they attack separately, i can win. they always come to the fight when i have at least one enemy general killed, so they arrive when the others flee.

if both armies join strenght, then attack me, i would probably had no chance to win the battle. or at least a really poor one.
    i may be forced to rush attack one of them, with very severe consequences normally.
    above all, if i dont get to kill their general, they will certainly surround me..
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 21, 2009 at 08:45 AM.

i duno which file to install, (playing RC TATW 1.1) things are little confusing for me about this mod... too bad it seems good

About the poll, i think the most challenging would be that both enemy armies (main and reinforcements) move to attack you. That means that you have to face both of them at the same time, and the reinforcements could try to attack your flanks/rear while you fight the main army.

I'm considering all opinions on reinforcements, so I'll focus on saying, what's not really possible. I found some bugged commands and we're not talking about some standard AI features here, so it's hard to implement. For now I made reinforcements run until they're ~150m away from allied AI army, which is pretty cool itself.

Thx to everybody for posted feedback.

@Infinity at End
    I'll see if I can make AI reinforcements withdraw when the main army is defeated, looks doable.
    Checking for 2nd stack/attacking at night doesn't look that implementable.
    Multiple family trees looks a bit sci-fi as it's 100% hardcoded.

@ivanhoex
    - there's some point at which archers need to leave walls and they're bound to run into player troops, unless I make them stay there till they're dead
    - plaza troops always behave like that, they wait for the imminent defeat, the latest AI made it defend streets longer, but that doesn't influence castles
    - as for suicidal general, I can make this unit passive for 1 minute after gates are breached and see what happens

@TWmadman
    try This (main AI, featured in May 20 update) or That (randomly switches between 5 different AI sets and uses new formations), follow installation instructions found in 1st post.

Regards

@Germanicu5 I know it will sould a little bit strange but ... I got lost in the sky too ...

I have Third Age 1.1 , RC 20 May Update , Permanent Arrows and Visual Improvments .
    And I would like to get your Bad AI too , but I didn't manage to get it to work :| I tried all your 4 versions attached to the first post and I got crashes at all of them :|

Can you tell me if your mod is compatible with what I have and what I should install to have those I said above and your Bad AI Mod too .

I would like to add to my game your Bad AI and the Stakes Mod too

Regards , Infinity !!!

Stakes are included by default in both RC and TATW 1.1, so no problem here.
    ReallyBadAI is also included by default in TATW 1.1 (v0.81) and RC (20 May update features the latest version).

The only additional file you really need is BattleAI switcher - it requires activated Scripting Host (it is enabled by default in XP, some applications, like XP-Antispy like to turn it off though, some more info in 1st post). Additionally AI switcher modifies Third Age.bat file and adds 2 lines, if you want to turn the switcher off for some reason, just edit it and add "rem" before wscript command (should look like that: rem wscript G5BAISwitcher.vbs).
    As for compatibility, battle AI is very compatible with any mods, as it includes files unrelated to any modifications. And battle switcher is a separate script and it's only likely to crash itself under extreme circumstances.

Installing many mods over another usually causes issues, as they might not be 100% compatible. I'd advise reinstalling TATW and RC. Personally I made a copy of fresh MTW + TATW install, so that I can revert any damage pretty quickly.

Regards

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5
    @Infinity at End
    I'll see if I can make AI reinforcements withdraw when the main army is defeated, looks doable.
    i don't think it would be good in all scenarios. eg.:

main army consist of 1 unit of general bodyguard
    reinforcements are a full stack army
    so if you defeat the GB the full stack will retreat. perhaps some limit on minimum number of units in main army?

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    i don't think it would be good in all scenarios. eg.:

main army consist of 1 unit of general bodyguard
    reinforcements are a full stack army
    so if you defeat the GB the full stack will retreat. perhaps some limit on minimum number of units in main army?
    If you will kill the enemy general bodyguard (main army) you can easely kill the general and reduce the morale or the troops so ... there is no point for the AI to send into battle lots of troops with low morale(because they had the general killed) , there are just a waste of troops :|

In this case if the AI have 1-2-3 units and a full stack of reinforcements then the main army should rally directly to the reinforcements and join their forces then attack the human army (this is however bad if the reinforcements will come right from the back of the human army because in that case the AI main army will have to get right trough the middle of the human army ).

I know to work in C/C++ , Java and other programs and I'm getting used with the codes easely.
    I don't know too much about scripting M2TW files but if I got some help from the team maybe I can work on at some scripts that change the AI behavior in battle .

Regards , Infinity !!!

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity at End View Post
    If you will kill the enemy general bodyguard (main army) you can easely kill the general and reduce the morale or the troops so ... there is no point for the AI to send into battle lots of troops with low morale(because they had the general killed) , there are just a waste of troops :|

In this case if the AI have 1-2-3 units and a full stack of reinforcements then the main army should rally directly to the reinforcements and join their forces then attack the human army (this is however bad if the reinforcements will come right from the back of the human army because in that case the AI main army will have to get right trough the middle of the human army ).

I know to work in C/C++ , Java and other programs and I'm getting used with the codes easely.
    I don't know too much about scripting M2TW files but if I got some help from the team maybe I can work on at some scripts that change the AI behavior in battle .

Regards , Infinity !!!

killing the general only affects the morale of the army where the general came from

Quote Originally Posted by axnsan View Post
    killing the general only affects the morale of the army where the general came from

lol :| I though that a killed general will reduce the morale of all his troops on the battlefield :| regardless if they came with that general of come with reinforcements :| anyway ... the rule is the same if the AI main army consists less than 50 % of the human army then they rally to the reinforcements , if not they fight the Human until the reinforcements come and join the fight .