View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.78, Battle AI Switcher v*.78 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

aww crap... thx for spotting that, I'll reupload the script in a minute. And put stakes script back in RC+TATW release.
    That should be "Unit24".
    Bugfix Update available in 1st post

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 12, 2009 at 05:05 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.78, Battle AI Switcher v*.78 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

I backed up and replaced four files:
    battle_config.xml
    config_ai_battle.xml
    descr_pathfinding.db
    descr_pathfinding.txt

I start a custom battle with my Illithien ranger unit vs AI dwarf melee unit.
    The AI melee unit: Walks towards me instead of the obvious choice of Running. AND. The AI unit doesn't assume Loose formation.

Is it just my system that is out of whack or does the AI work like this for everyone?

This is hardcoded afaik. 1vs1 battles aren't good for testing anything, because both units are treated like general units by the game core, which means their behaviour is different from "normal".
    Loose formations were turned off for SS version of RC, so I asume PB did the same here, generally AI can't efficiently use it and it caused loss of army cohesion.

Regards

raistlinmajere8's Avatar Ordinarius

Okay so which one do I dl?

- germanicus, somehow i have trouble to get this stakes script running.

for test purposes i started a dwarf campaign and engaged with 1 dwarf army 1 elven army on open field containing light elven archers. the army strenghts was even.
    on the battlefield elven army went very aggresive, also elven archers rushed to engangement range and then maintained distance from my melee units without deploying stakes.
    the same result with isengard vs a ai rohan army containing archers.

after this i checked the log and noticed that the game tried to exec the stake script and got those bunch of errors you described:

several script exec errors of type:
    "label_unit referenced non-existent unit"
    "Error in battle script command 'define_unit_group': invalid unit label 'unit25'." etc
    "Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': unit 'General2' does not have the stakes ability." etc
    "Error in battle script command 'unit_deploy_stakes': unit 'unit20' does not have the stakes ability." etc

you have to know that i using many submods like: rctatw, zzz campaign ai,your baiswitcher, visual improvment 0.3, smoother coastlines, additional voices 1.0, generals age slower etc but always checking for compability and if needed do manual changes to the files. i also checked that your ai and stakes script is correct installed i am confident that nothing is messed up with my files but cannot say that for sure
    you have a clue what can fix my problem ?

- beside i noticed the condition lookup "and ! IsNightBattle" in your script. so if i delete this line the stakes work also in night battles ?

btw: like mentioned in a post before leave the no stakes on road limitation, stakes on roads are "strange".

greetings
    Last edited by MANoWAR.U51; May 10, 2009 at 03:09 PM.

@MANoWAR.U51
    Thx for additional feedback.
    These errors in log file are normal. First the script tries to label AI's units, so if there are less than 20 units in an army, some errors will pop out, then it tries to group these units in an army and after that the scripts attempts to deploy stakes for all units. If a unit doesn't have stakes ability (not all archers have it), they won't deploy.
    Btw, remeber stakes are only deployed when you attack AI's army on campaign map.

Yes, if you delete this condition, the stakes should be deployed during night battles.

Regards

so just units with the special ability "stakes" can deploy them, somehow makes sense.
    i was thinking this script is executed for all archer and skirmisher units.

ty for fast help

I put the current list of stakes-capable units in the first post, I hope it helps.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.785, Battle AI Switcher v*.785 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

Files updated to match the current Real Combat for TATW release. Possibly a bigger update coming up later.

Regards

I'm torn between this and darth mod... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Quote Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
    I'm torn between this and darth mod... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO
    You have a mind of your own, look through the code, see if settings correspond to your idea on AI's behaviour, then pick either of the mods. Our AIs reflect 2 different schools of modding.
    Ofc AI files are pretty deceving, if they weren't there wouldn't be so much controversy surrounding them.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.785, Battle AI Switcher v*.785 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

It turns out PB uploaded changed combat balancing settings by accident today, V*.785 users please download AI files again

Regards

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

We need to download both the ReallyBadAI and AISwitcher?

Nah, AI Switcher or ReallyBadAI alternatively. If you use the switcher downloading it only is enough.

Regards

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Thanks! Have I appreciated your work so far? It gives a better sense to the AI...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.81, Battle AI Switcher v*.81 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

@Beorn of Carrock
    Thx, doing my best.

***New version of Battle AI Switcher script available***, as well as changes aimed at improving performance for huge unit sizes. AI improved, innovative AISet3 introduced, additional defensive formation adjusted.
    I'll possibly add even more revamped version as an option later, in order to get some feedback, which is always most welcome.

Regards

Also adding standalone G5 Stakes Deployment Script v0.22 code.
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 12, 2009 at 11:29 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.81, Battle AI Switcher v*.81 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

Will your mod ever be compatiblw with Darth's mod?

Quote Originally Posted by archer9 View Post
    Will your mod ever be compatiblw with Darth's mod?
    My mod is fully focused on AI and Darth includes AI files in his release, so compatibility is non-achievable as it would mean overwriting all AI files in one of the releases - and they represent very different approach.

At this point my AI doesn't include too many files as I consult PB on regular basis - I respect his ideas and I don't intend to interfere with his game concept as I trust he'll develop RC in the best possible way.
    High functionality of any AI is achieved by using 2 xml files, formations and pathfinding.

Regards

Great news, ReallyBadAI + Stakes is the baddest* AI for TATW 1.1, as it got included in the release. Thx to everybody that made it happen.
    *not as bad as Mr.T though

I hope to get some more feedback now.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 12, 2009 at 04:59 PM.

Congrats, well-deserved