View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 33 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System + Settlements v4.76 >March 09 update 2< ###killing as ever### incl. Battle AI Switcher for TATW 2.1 and RC-RR

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    hmm... I always wonder why so few people give feedback on the core of every TW game: the AI.
    It just seems that AI programming is really an ungrateful job.

Anyway, I have actually only good feedback so far and havn't encountered any serious 'blackouts' of the AI and can really get very challenging, especially when defending. In Dol Guldur they did a really great job and I especially loved that they made a nice formation to welcome my units behind the gate:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am really surprised,we all use this tactics since RTW phalanx,but in any case I will be greatful for a better AI for FROME,and for new version of TA TW,our master can include this version of Germanicus in to new Vanila version.I really like new AI from Shogun II,I have 11 years of game experince,20 battles,and nothing hapened as I planed,and there was no perfect victory,so rep+ for person which make game harder.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Battle System + Settlements v4.76 >March 09 update 2< ###killing as ever### incl. Battle AI Switcher for TATW 2.1 and RC-RR

Yes, that seriously looks good

Great work Germanicu5, and indeed real important too.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    hmm... I always wonder why so few people give feedback on the core of every TW game: the AI.
    It just seems that AI programming is really an ungrateful job.

Anyway, I have actually only good feedback so far and havn't encountered any serious 'blackouts' of the AI and can really get very challenging, especially when defending. In Dol Guldur they did a really great job and I especially loved that they made a nice formation to welcome my units behind the gate:

The spoiler is empty?
    Anyhow yes AI should get rep as it is very important

the spoiler is not empty in the spoiler you see the orcs in dol guldur making a nice move

Borussia Dortmund fan

KK is absolutely right about the AI being one of the most important things in TW games ... in fact I remember that years ago I stoppped playng Medieval 2 cuz its AI was pityful (this to be nice). Your work REALLY makes the difference G5, thank you a lot!!

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

PLEASE HELP

i've downloaded the whole file (G5 Interactive Gameplay subMod for TATW 2.1 and AUM) from your page, but i cant' get it to work...i installed it and then started a new campaign as you said..but nothing! am i missing something? should i delete something for example??

Does the AI become unstable and incherrant with the addition of other mods which add additional troops, such as the Gondor Additional Soldier mod, or Additional Units, etc?

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    the spoiler is not empty in the spoiler you see the orcs in dol guldur making a nice move
    ah yes i see it now

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Firstly thanks for all kind words.

@KK

I so wish what you posted on the screenie was a planned AI strategy... normally AI uses certain formation to deploy behind gate, in case of Dol Guldur there isn't enough space to set up proper formation, so AI puts non-fitting units wherever closest it can.
    New AI handles gate defences a better than previous ones though.

@Noobas

Probably it's installation issue, verify it by pressing "C" on campaign map, mission and achievement scrolls should pop up.

@brymht

Other mods rather don't mess with battle AI files, although there's AI section in campaign_script.txt - and most mods alter it. AI might be heavily influenced if its section is removed from campaign_script.txt

You'd need to manually check EDU if all units that have "elephant_crew" are put in horde formation.
    Then copy contents of this file and overwrite campaign_script.txt section that starts with "Germanicu5".
    Then copy all AI files and folders from the latest AI .zip file, apart from "world" folder and its contents, to a directory of any mod you installed.
    This way AI will be made compatible with it.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    Firstly thanks for all kind words.

@KK

I so wish what you posted on the screenie was a planned AI strategy... normally AI uses certain formation to deploy behind gate, in case of Dol Guldur there isn't enough space to set up proper formation, so AI puts non-fitting units wherever closest it can.
    New AI handles gate defences a better than previous ones though.

@Noobas

Probably it's installation issue, verify it by pressing "C" on campaign map, mission and achievement scrolls should pop up.

@brymht

Other mods rather don't mess with battle AI files, although there's AI section in campaign_script.txt - and most mods alter it. AI might be heavily influenced if its section is removed from campaign_script.txt

You'd need to manually check EDU if all units that have "elephant_crew" are put in horde formation.
    Then copy contents of this file and overwrite campaign_script.txt section that starts with "Germanicu5".
    Then copy all AI files and folders from the latest AI .zip file, apart from "world" folder and its contents, to a directory of any mod you installed.
    This way AI will be made compatible with it.

Regards
    thanks for responding..one last question..

what does "" Clean_Files.bat is to be found in Third_Age\ folder, run it after applying the mod."" mean ???
    (for other readers..its part of the instructions on the complete interactive-spoils of war submod)

Quote Originally Posted by Noobas View Post
    thanks for responding..one last question..

what does "" Clean_Files.bat is to be found in Third_Age\ folder, run it after applying the mod."" mean ???
    (for other readers..its part of the instructions on the complete interactive-spoils of war submod)
    It means you should install IG Mod and then run clean_files.bat - it deletes some files that are recreated by the game later on.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    It means you should install IG Mod and then run clean_files.bat - it deletes some files that are recreated by the game later on.

Regards
    ok thanks..and another question..

how can i uninstall the third age (so that i can reinstall it of course..fresh and clean.. ) when i try to ,begining from part2 ,afterwards ,trying to uninstall part1 it keeps prompting me to part2 which is already uninstalled..the same occurs the other way round..

how can i completely uninstall the third age main mod ,including all left-over files and folders ??? i've already tried with revo-uninstaller pro but the same problem persists..

ps..how do you uninstall the submods? is it a separate procedure or do they get uninstalled along with the main mod ??

@Noobas

First make sure you turned UAC off if using Vista or Win 7.

Uninstalling TATW means deleting your TATW folder inside Medieval II directory (default would be: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\), in addition you might want to keep some folders - like "custom" with custom battle setups, "preferences" with keyboard setup, "replays" with battle replays and "saves", the most simple way would be copying them somewhere safe and then deleting Third_Age folder. After you install Third Age again, just copy them back to the same spot.

If you're running Vista or Win7 a good idea would be looking for compatibility folder and deleting it (if it was created at all), detailed info at the bottom of this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74#post7410174

You can't uninstall 99% of submods, so what you can do is making a copy of "clean" Third_Age install and keeping it somewhere on your disk - in case you want to get rid of mods, just delete Third_Age folder and replace it with your backup copy (or just install it again) - there's no other way.

Regards

Germanicu5 @Noobas (in red some questions..) ONE BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!! YOU'RE BEING REALLY HELPFUL

First make sure you turned UAC off if using Vista or Win 7.

1. would that cause any complications? (i'm using win7 x64) should i disable it only before deleting the folder?
    and re-enable it later? after re-installing (as administrator) ?

Uninstalling TATW means deleting your TATW folder inside Medieval II directory (default would be: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\), in addition you might want to keep some folders - like "custom" with custom battle setups, "preferences" with keyboard setup, "replays" with battle replays and "saves", the most simple way would be copying them somewhere safe and then deleting Third_Age folder. After you install Third Age again, just copy them back to the same spot.

2. and what about registry entries ???
    a. why can't it be uninstalled through the control panel ?

b.what would ,directly uninstalling the Medieval-II TW cause ??

If you're running Vista or Win7 a good idea would be looking for compatibility folder and deleting it (if it was created at all), detailed info at the bottom of this post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...74#post7410174

3. i've red it but i can't say i've ever encountered any fatal errors (just maybe two times,that after hours of playing the game shut down to the desktop,maybe because of using the non windowed mode ,while something poped up)

You can't uninstall 99% of submods, so what you can do is making a copy of "clean" Third_Age install and keeping it somewhere on your disk - in case you want to get rid of mods, just delete Third_Age folder and replace it with your backup copy (or just install it again) - there's no other way.

4. but they will "get lost" when deleting the Third Age folder..right ? and again..registry entries?

Regards

thanx again for your time and help..
    Last edited by Noobio; April 07, 2011 at 02:47 AM.

is this AI concluded in either TATW 2.1 or frome?

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Tyiallyradil View Post
    is this AI concluded in either TATW 2.1 or frome?
    no and no, latest versions are not included in any submod except MOS i think. it is safe to say the latest version will be in TATW 3.0, i know KK was testing the AI on Minas Tirith a while back

... and according to KK G5's AI even managed to capture it (!)

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

@Noobas

1. Keeping UAC on will make Windows create compatibility folder, which will mess up any updates you make to the game. I'd shut it down permanently, unless you have a habit of clicking and downloading "YouWonXBox360.exe" files.

2. TATW creates no registry entries.
    a. Because TATW installer isn't a real windows installer.
    b. MTW probably asks you if you want to keep personal files, it might leave TATW folder untouched (you can just browse to where it was and check after uninstalling).

3. I just meant UAC hints, other info in the thread seems irrelevant in your case.

4. Yes, they get deleted as well, I haven't seen a submod that created registry entries yet.

@Tyiallyradil

An older version is included in TATW 2.1, but there've been major changes since then... and even bigger changes are coming. I think FRoME uses the same version as TATW 2.1, but I'm not totally sure.

Regards

I just installed the latest version and I must say, very good job! I actually LOST a battle I thought for sure I would win, and have been ambushed into retreating several times on the strat map. Both are new experiences.

Very happy indeed!

and the very last question.. how do you find that infamous "compatibility folder" ????