View Poll Results: Would you like enemy AI reinforcements (when AI is more powerful) to:

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • join main AI army?

32 44.44%
  • attack player?

28 38.89%
  • do something else? (please post feedback)

2 2.78%
  • plant potatoes and watch Middle-earth pawn Central Europe on the market?

10 13.89%
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore +Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ### New Imladris AI ### incl. Battle AI and Content Switcher

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI, Battle AI Switcher and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

@Taiji
    Although I see a minor potential problem. Is there an easy way to tell which AI set was in use in the last battle? Possibly it could be worked out if the formations are obviously different. It just seems that when you have a problem reported it would be nice to know which file to focus on.
    This is a "feature", for debug and such I paste Wscript.Echo intNumber after copy file orders (before "end if").
    I don't fancy having strange acting AI, but it won't be a problem to introduce visibly various behaviour. The only issue will be with some settings that might not reload without quitting the game (like skirmish).
    What? you mean you can't download it? ... I had no probs there. Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attac...1&d=1241880180
    That's not a link to file posted in this thread (although they're similiar, TATW release contains more files) . You'll find it in the first post.

@PB
    The link was indeed broken, but the file's been available in the bottom of 1st post too.

@Soul Firez
    If you're afraid of lack of stability, just make o copy of files my mods replace. Then it'll be easily reversible. Stakes script uses combined event-conditions monitoring and doesn't slow the game down, actually even if it did it would still be worth it .

@JonSnow
    That's not a bug of my release - if AI doesn't switch missile units to melee when they're out of ammo, it's a hardcoded thing. Also a skirmishing unit won't engage into melee (when it still has ammo) if an appropriate part of it isn't caught up by enemy. As you see I try many workarounds to improve battle AI performance, but some things are beyond our reach.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 09, 2009 at 03:09 PM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI, Battle AI Switcher and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

hmmm damn i installed the ai switcher but not the stakes one and according to your install guide if i wanted to have both i need to install stakes first is it possible to reverse order??

i have noticed if i alt tab out now the game keeps the load programe screen with your switcher as being an active programe but i cant see it changing from here should i be able to the four ai files are in the main directory as you said they should be ?? just trying to get my head around how this switcher works

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

@Soul Firez
    If you're using RC+TATW v10.77, copy only "world" directory from "ReallyBadAI+Stakes for RC+TATW" file to mods\Third_Age\data. If you're using TATW version, copy all files from "ReallyBadAI+Stakes for TATW" to "data" directory.
    Or just install ReallyBadAI+Stakes and Battle AI Switcher on top of it, it won't mess anything up.
    For stakes deployment you'll need to restart campaign.

The script doesn't log its activities in the window, but if you installed incorrectly the script will pop out an error saying it's missing some files. You can check the "data" directory and dates on config_ai_battle.xml and battle_config.xml from time to time to see if they change, or temporarily add this code to G5BattleAISwitcher.vbs : Wscript.Echo intNumber after last line beginning with "If intNumber" (before "end if") - it'll show a window with a randomly generated number, you need to close it for the script to continue.

Regards

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @Taiji
    This is a "feature", for debug and such I paste Wscript.Echo intNumber after copy file orders (before "end if").
    I don't fancy having strange acting AI, but it won't be a problem to introduce visibly various behaviour. The only issue will be with some settings that might not reload without quitting the game (like skirmish).
    Very interesting, thankyou

Like so?:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    If intNumber = 4 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\AISet4\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    Wscript.Echo intNumber
    End If

That's not a link to file posted in this thread (although they're similiar, TATW release contains more files) . You'll find it in the first post.
    Ah my mistake, I missed PB's point and that you had a 4 AI set already uploaded for this thread/mod.
    Last edited by Taiji; May 09, 2009 at 04:22 PM.

This is very cool

no i would say its running correctly as i ran the same custom battle 6 times and it had a greatlydifferent tactic even though i used the same moves . first it did thin line across front of its archers and second it did a block extendiong back of its archers down right hand side that would indicate a change in battle ai yes?? ill try your method of adding battle stakes to the 10.7 tatw rc version interested now to see how that workks .

but for now i have to say impressive work plus rep from me

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

Intriguing thread I must say ... if only I shared at least a bit of your programming knowledge, I could contribute to the discussion but simply I can't ;d
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilla View Post
    Intriguing thread I must say ... if only I shared at least a bit of your programming knowledge, I could contribute to the discussion but simply I can't ;d
    I'm not a programmer at all, rather a humanist, but I do like "computer stuff".

Regards

Achilla's Avatar Vicarius

I'm not a programmer at all, rather a humanist, but I do like "computer stuff".

Regards
    I will give your scripts a go then once I got more free time on my hands. I guess stakes for AI work in skirmish too?

@Germanicu5

Ah, I had a feeling it's impossible. Too bad, lol.
    Last edited by Achilla; May 09, 2009 at 05:04 PM.
    Man is but a shadow of his former self, encased in feverish delusions of grandeur.
    Ignorance is your shield, knowledge is your weapon.
    Heart without reason is stupid, reason without heart is blind.

Stakes work in campaign only atm, they can also be implemented in historical battles, but the core is very resistive to deploying stakes in custom battles.

Regards

Just a question, do we need to disable file caching in the config to make this work?

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.76, Battle AI Switcher v*.77 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

Not required, but would help (since a set of files is copied 10s after startig the game), I forgot to post info on this.
    AI files reload with caching "on" anyway.

Edit: I'll update the first post.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 09, 2009 at 06:04 PM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.76, Battle AI Switcher v*.77 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

hi!

i wanted to ask if this files are compatible with the starting alliances and no-nondiplomat-breaking of alliances minimods

(yay! this is my post 1000)

about file number, is it possible to insert a function that works when the info panel gets activated, right after battle is over?
    and that function to send info over to an external txt, or at least to a "trace" type of system.log?
    (info stored upon battle start)

also:

is it possible to have Taiji´s BAI as one of the available sets?
    Last edited by ivanhoex; May 09, 2009 at 07:42 PM.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

it looks good, i'm going to try that right away. but:

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5
    Known limitations: stakes not deployed on roads, may need minor formation adjustments, but that's planned anyway.
    humans can't plant stakes on roads too.can you change that ?

i just had a non repeatable ctd. right my first battle after updating a lot of minimods.

please, check this post and also the one i wrote after PB´s answer:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...62#post5153362

@ivanhoex
    My AI (particularly the TATW version) should be compatible with any mod, as it overwrites battle-related files only. the only difference could be in battle_config.xml in this section:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<combat-balancing>
    <missile-target-accuracy>
    <infantry>1.0</infantry>
    <cavalry>1.0</cavalry>
    <elephants>1.0</elephants>
    </missile-target-accuracy>
    <melee-hit-rate>1.0</melee-hit-rate>
    </combat-balancing>
    You'll need to monitor changes in mods you use and see if they modify these values.

I think the current battle AI switcher has decent functionality. If you wish to see which set of files is loaded, use the method I described earlier.

The problem with using other mod files is that their settings aren't fully compatible with stakes script, some do better, some do worse, but the best functionality is provided by my files. AI modders in general have different ideas on how to improve gameplay too.

ad. possible bug/script error
    I can say I played 100s of battles (probably something like 250+) usings stakes deployment script and I never had any ctd. Those errors visible in the log are normal, as the script attempts to label AI units up to full stack and then attempts stakes deployment, they don't influence game stability.
    The problem with using many minimods is reduced compatibility, which leads to often ctds. That's why I always try to use mods from one source or mods which overwrite unrelated files.

@axnsan
    At this point I assume it's hardcoded, at least there's no obvious setting changing deployment on roads.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.78, Battle AI Switcher v*.78 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

@JonSnow
    I misinterpreted the issue you reported. This behaviour you noticed is a consequence of making some choices, as choosing some values favours a certain kind of behaviour. Current settings fix issues with using siege sally-out exploit, which allowed to decimate AIs army with your cavalry without AI even blinking, it also doesn't allow stupid outflanking by missile units (although sometimes they still "think" it's a good idea to try to walk around and get killed, but this is very limited) and, most of all, it ensures proper deployment of stakes by AI (close to formation). Missile units are used for melee purposes as last resort, after they've run out of ammo they wait and attack any player units that come near them.

I uploaded a new version of Battle AI Switcher and ReallyBadAI+Stakes. Changes listed in Battle AI part of the 1st post.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.78, Battle AI Switcher v*.78 and Scripts (Stakes etc.) for TATW and Real Combat+TATW

i think i installed things wrong.. twice.

for starters, i went for the stakes file, even as i am using RC files.

then i also installed in wrong order (stakes over switcher)... so no wonder something screws up..

why there is not a RC realbadAI with stakes? (or it is just not named so in the rar?)

@ivanhoex
    You can reinstall the files again without negative consequences, even if you copied stakes script, because the current RC release uses a different file name for campaign script, than basic TATW.
    Stakes are included by default with the current RC, that's also why using different AI than ReallyBadAI may influence the "quality" of stakes deployment, as this script relies on some AI-specific settings.

Regards

awesome work, ty
    just a little: stakes script gives me a error because of uni24. that should be unit24 right ?

edited for clearance
    Last edited by MANoWAR.U51; May 10, 2009 at 01:41 PM.