Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Default Re: Post Your IB:SAIV1.0 Screen Shots Here

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    You can rename your characters. And I'm not talking about renaming them before starting a campaign, but right when you're in the middle of it. It's very easy to do. When I used to play I did it all the time whenever someone showed up with a name I didn't like. I also used to add "I", and "II" after them sometimes. And for example if I had an emperor named Leo, I would change the name of his son to Leontius and so on.
    Really? HOW? You must tell me, one Nectaridius was bad enough, two would just be too much...

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Can I ask in which way a player can change the names of his characters if this is not too much truble for Joar?

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    Really? HOW? You must tell me, one Nectaridius was bad enough, two would just be too much...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Can I ask in which way a player can change the names of his characters if this is not too much truble for Joar?
    Well, technically I'm not talking about renaming a specific character, but rather changing a name. What you do is this, go to:

SAI/data/text/names.txt and look up the name you want to change, in this case the name Nectaridius. You'll find it looks like this:

{Nectaridius} Nectaridius

Now change the name in the right column, not the name inside the brackets! Like this:

{Nectaridius} Joar

Now, when you start the game up, all of the characters with the name Nectaridius will instead be called Joar. You can do this as many times as you want since you're not really changing the name. To add names and so on requires the alteration of several files, but this way only need one. However, the "real" name of the character will still be Nectaridius, but it will show up as Joar.

However, remember to make a copy of your original file before changing it in case something goes wrong.

Thanks! I found the way myself but I was not sure about the consequences of the change!
    Now the heir of Procopius has the more Roman name of Severus! (A new Severi dinasty!)

Thanks Joar! Although I still have the problem that I will have two identically named characters, whatever I chose to name them.

Kill one of them, using boats!

A glorious suicidal charge into a row of spears?
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

He's finally had a girl now, thankfully she is no called Nectaridia!

But when the girl will get married, she will have a son named Nectaridius!! "The curse of Nectaridius"!! What a name for an Horror Movie!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda View Post
    He's finally had a girl now, thankfully she is no called Nectaridia!
    Incontinentia?

....Incontinentia??????.......but it is horrible!!!!!.....

...please, Dominus Joar, tell us that you were joking, and there is not the risk to have girl called Incontinentia!!!!! ...in Vulgar Latin 'incontinentia' has really a disgusting meaning!!!..

Incontinentia buttocks! I Hereby forbid you to marry that scoundrel, that layabout, Bigus Dickus! You hear me, I forbid it!

Was Julian the last Pagan emperor of Rome ? NO!

Because Gratian, son of Valentinian is the next ! Look at my empire with the 365 AD campaign.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Awesome pictures.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Indeed, I like your legion placements. How are you making so much money? And what unit scale are you on? Oh, and your map looks distinctly "greener" than mine does, no idea why, as it is similar in every other way. What optional files do you have installed?

Sorry for all the questions.

........Diocletianus but you..you are in a wonderful situation!! You saved the Paganism!...You are a Great and True Roman Hero!!!.....do you see guys 'Omen in Nomen!!!!' the nik of our friend is the secret!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Knonfoda
    Indeed, I like your legion placements. How are you making so much money? And what unit scale are you on? Oh, and your map looks distinctly "greener" than mine does, no idea why, as it is similar in every other way. What optional files do you have installed?
    my questions are exactly the same of Knon so I can only quote him, I can only ask you if you can give me a suggestion how to get all those wonderful silver and Golden chevrons!!!!
    (I think you are using Large unit size)

I have Soundmod,6tpy, and lastly, the force diplomacy option ( in case I want some factions alive, like the franks ).

The legions placements are placed near the city they are recruited in Gaul and Italy. I will take battle pics and of the Danube Line. For the money, the sacking and the destruction of the barbarian tribes on the limes helped me for the economical situation ; I destroyed every building I could with the Berbers,the Picts and the Quadi. The alamani were destroyed a year or two after the begining of my campaign . The Quadis were a challenge but years of hard work have finally crushed their power.

I extended my empire into greece againt Procopius : Constantinople provided a rich treasury for me. But Valens the Traitor attacked me in Asia Minor. This is where the newly created auxilias Celtae and Petulantes won their chevrons with the Ol' Cornuti. Gratiannus was put to a test with the PAlatinates Juniores and his father held the lines with the faithfull seniores.

For the Chevrons here is a little trick : I hate capturing cities because it is much hard work and all that work sometimes is lost with CTDs . So I often auto-resolve when victory is sure to be mine. I have traded more mens for golden and silver chevrons.

And yes it is large unit size : I want epic battles !

Yeah, the annoying thing about some factions is that they get loads of reinforcements from the script, I tried 'keeping' the Alemanni but they just proved too much of a hassle. Same goes for Quadi and some others.

Why don't you try huge unit size? For some really massively epic battles! I still don't understand how people make so much money. I have less legions than you, and more territory, and I'm barely churning 135K per turn. Unless when you went to war with Procopius/Valens, you sacked every city you came across. I'm thinking your vegetation looks different because you don't have RSII vegetation installed. I might give it a try without it, see how it looks.

This migth be the cause to my vegetation color indeed. And yes, I sacked every city before me : I don,t want to leave armies behind to make order. My tactic is the blitzkrieg through the enemies lines and then wait their stacks to come to my elite legions and destroy them in a serie of battles at the same point.

A wonderfull example is the Gigantic battle of Tarsus :Valens had about 5 stacks ( 2 band of many veterans troops but almost all at 50 % or less their strengh, the 3 others were limitanei ) and I had The two palatines plus the Cornuti and Brachiati. The result was the fall of Tarsus,the death of Valens and the subsequent fall of Syria and the levant coast.

Do you see Knon? It is all a matter of the right name!!!

If your nik is Diocletianus, like the Great Invictus Restututor Orbis, than the Emperor will protect you! All the things that you cannot understand now, as Knonfoda, will become clear as Diocletianus (or Diocle...): Startegies and tactics, finances, religion, objectives, Empire building, borders, economy, navy,......
    ...... also the AI will recognize the true Imperial Power of Roma!!!