Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990
Results 1,781 to 1,794 of 1794

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Same thing happened with me. I have 16 GB of RAM and i7 processor. I had a 20 unit stack and a reinforcing 14 unit stack. Opponent had about 15 units. After a long battle of micromanaging to minimize unit losses it CTDs.
    I had the unlimited men on bf turned on so ... gonna revert to false. Gonna try the LAA 4GB patch as well. As well as waiting 20-30 secs or a minute observing the unit kills and casualties ... before hitting the button that makes you go back to the campaign map.

EDIT: so far so good xD
    Last edited by benczeb90; March 01, 2020 at 08:41 AM. Reason: redone the same battle

Quote Originally Posted by benczeb90 View Post
    Same thing happened with me. I have 16 GB of RAM and i7 processor. I had a 20 unit stack and a reinforcing 14 unit stack. Opponent had about 15 units. After a long battle of micromanaging to minimize unit losses it CTDs.
    I had the unlimited men on bf turned on so ... gonna revert to false. Gonna try the LAA 4GB patch as well. As well as waiting 20-30 secs or a minute observing the unit kills and casualties ... before hitting the button that makes you go back to the campaign map.

EDIT: so far so good xD
    I have a similar hardware configuration but I still get after battle CTDs sometimes. Did you manage to fix it once and for all? I will try and experiment with combinations of the "no quotes" fix, low graphics, waiting at least a minute and NOT killing more than 90% of the enemies.

Hey man. I know this is a very old problem, but I just installed the mod today. I'm using the Steam version of the game, and I got the exact same problem as these folks. I tried all the above methods, but none worked. The game simply crashed with that error every time. I do not have access to the CD version of the game. Could you please help me with this? Thank you very much in advance.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

i have the same problem, only my crashes occur mid battle. i run the LAA memory thing. it was running fine untill i changed the unlimited men in the preference files.now it reverts back to limited men but had 2 stack enemy on the field? how can that be?
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

i really like this mod but its so unstable for me. anyone can help me find some answers why its so unstable. run clean R-BI 1.6, installed like the instructions, run the laa exe for more ram use, all settings on medium,run as admin,compatibility mode for win7... all the same that i do to run roma surrectum or eb. but IB-SAI crashes mid battle, post-pre battle,on Ai turns... PLEASE help
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    i really like this mod but its so unstable for me. anyone can help me find some answers why its so unstable. run clean R-BI 1.6, installed like the instructions, run the laa exe for more ram use, all settings on medium,run as admin,compatibility mode for win7... all the same that i do to run roma surrectum or eb. but IB-SAI crashes mid battle, post-pre battle,on Ai turns... PLEASE help
    Hi tungri_centurio, I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. The post battle CTDs are more common when running unlimited men on the battlefield. As for pre and mid battle CTDs you would need to give me a screen save with which particular campaign you are playing so that I can see what is going on. Of course you could uninstall and reinstall the mod to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Hi tungri_centurio, I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. The post battle CTDs are more common when running unlimited men on the battlefield. As for pre and mid battle CTDs you would need to give me a screen save with which particular campaign you are playing so that I can see what is going on. Of course you could uninstall and reinstall the mod to see what happens.
    did a re-install of the mod. maybe i messed up the script when editing the preference file for the normal UI and the unlimited men on the bf. changed it after couple of turns. was playing the standard campaign of 361 with julian as emperor btw. will let you know iff that was the problem.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Hello everyone

I decided to jump back into SAI after many years. I even found my old save files from way back in 2013. However, whenever I load those 365 campaign saves, the campaign map looks very strange. I tried deleting the map.rwm file and it didn't help. What's odd is that only my 365 saves seem to be corrupted in this way. Upon loading my 355 and 361 saves there was nothing of that sort present.
    I've attached the saves and screenshots of the situation. If anyone could solve the problem, I'd be eternally grateful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RomeTW-BI 2020-07-14 12-44-44-19.jpg   RomeTW-BI 2020-07-14 12-45-17-46.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi, in my personal experience I saw that happen only when you make changes to map files, generate a new map. rwm and then load an old savegame.

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    Hi, in my personal experience I saw that happen only when you make changes to map files, generate a new map. rwm and then load an old savegame.
    That's a part of the problem. I've tried generating a new map.rwm but it always comes up with the same results. I even tried fixing things "manually" by using force diplomacy. However, whenever I gave a faction a settlement that was actually theirs but was painted as mine on the map, a random settlement of my own would be given to that faction, or one of their settlements would be given to me.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Most map changes are not save game compatible and usually result in scrambled regional coloring - generating a new map.rwm will never help there, only getting the map files that were in place when you started the game.

I am guessing you did not re-install the mod from your old files and that the latest files have updated maps?

Will this fix also be applied to SAI?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ddendum-Thread
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Dansk viking View Post
    Will this fix also be applied to SAI?

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ddendum-Thread
    Yes, though I won't get around to that for some time.

Vranac91's Avatar Foederatus

Hiya, great mod btw. Fantastic work.

Unfortunately, in my latest install (from moddb... I assume that has all the circulating patches added to it?) I get CTD's whenever I enter the battlemap as the Saxons, or whenever I start a campaign as the Alemanni. See attached pictures. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-20 10_55_09-Rome_ Total War - Barbarian Invasion.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	366060

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2021-11-20 10_57_47-Rome_ Total War - Barbarian Invasion.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	366061