Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Well, I found a sprite error for them in the mdb file. I have corrected it and included it in the new 2a Patch. I suggest you install the new patch and see if that helps.

Cheers
    Today i made a second installation, BETA2 plus PATCH2, then i recovered my savegame but that damn CTD is still there!!! I don't know what else doing...it is possible that my old savegame started with BETA0 could cause the problem??
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    Today i made a second installation, BETA2 plus PATCH2, then i recovered my savegame but that damn CTD is still there!!! I don't know what else doing...it is possible that my old savegame started with BETA0 could cause the problem??
    You need to install the new Patch 2a which I uploaded last night. It contains all the changes in Patch 2 plus the fix for the Equites Stablesiani sprites.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Well done, seems to still have a chanche to play this mod :O) I'm going to try and then report here, thanks
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Love the mod so far. However I'm stuck with a persistent CTD on turn two. One of the Roman armies in Syria changed sides. When the two attack each other the game crashes. Ive installed patch 2a already. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by samba_liten View Post
    Love the mod so far. However I'm stuck with a persistent CTD on turn two. One of the Roman armies in Syria changed sides. When the two attack each other the game crashes. Ive installed patch 2a already. Any ideas?
    Does the game crash on loading or during the battle? Does the roman army that changes sides become a roman rebels or free peoples faction? And which campaign have you been playing?

Cheers

I'm playing the 361 campaign. The army becomes Roman Rebels, and the game crashes when the battle is loading. Sorry about the initial lack of info there.

I'm playing the 361 campaign. The army becomes Roman Rebels, and the game crashes when the battle is loading. Sorry about the initial lack of info there.
    Hmm, I am at a loss here, as I don't know if anyone has reported problems with the roman rebels. Have you tried auto resolving the battle to get around it, or just sending in acouple of skirmish units to see what happens?

Auto resolving worked. It even won me the battle without intolerable losses.

However i am getting a bunch of these CTD's just when a battle starts to load. Maybe a separate install for this mod would solve the problem?

This install has Europa Barbarorum and Peninsula Italica also installed.

EDIT: And while I'm at it, the Legio Comitatenses Victores unit shows up with "unlocalised unit description".
    Last edited by samba_liten; May 28, 2009 at 07:30 AM.

This install has Europa Barbarorum and Peninsula Italica also installed.
    All IB mods require a vanilla RTW/BI, as other mods alter these files and can affect IB mods.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

All IB mods require a vanilla RTW/BI, as other mods alter these files and can affect IB mods.

Julianus here things are getting very bad...i installed that patch2a and now i'm unable to load the entire campaign!! The game crashes when i click on "load campaign" and the loading screen appears, it loads half of red line then it crashes like the crash during battle loading...

I absolutely don't understand, i read of people that have already played 35-40 turns without problems and, on the other hand, some like me are blocked to the 3rd turn...

I don't think the autosolve is a solution because it causes too many losses on human side making impossible to play.

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Has dropped out on a desktop with an error IJ/data/models_unit/ij_officer_centarii.cas Near the city of Sirmium,I play 365AD Campaign – Procopius.
    Again appeared after patch. I am a rules before patch officer roman_tribuni1.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 28, 2009 at 02:09 PM.

Has dropped out on a desktop with an error IJ/data/models_unit/ij_officer_centarii.cas Near the city of Sirmium,I play 365AD Campaign – Procopius.

Excuse, an Internet error.
    Last edited by Mr.Gorby; May 28, 2009 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    Julianus here things are getting very bad...i installed that patch2a and now i'm unable to load the entire campaign!! The game crashes when i click on "load campaign" and the loading screen appears, it loads half of red line then it crashes like the crash during battle loading...

I absolutely don't understand, i read of people that have already played 35-40 turns without problems and, on the other hand, some like me are blocked to the 3rd turn...

I don't think the autosolve is a solution because it causes too many losses on human side making impossible to play.
    I think you will want to kill me, but I altered the 361AD campaign faction relationships and I had to edit the 355AD campaign because of a clone problem in the Constantius II faction. I fear this has made those campaigns NOT saved compatible.

You may have to restart your campaign. I'm sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gorby View Post
    Again appeared after patch. I am a rules before patch officer roman_tribuni1.
    Have you installed IJV3.0 BETA 2, plus the IJ PATCH 2a?, as this problem was corrected with them.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

I think you will want to kill me, but I altered the 361AD campaign faction relationships and I had to edit the 355AD campaign because of a clone problem in the Constantius II faction. I fear this has made those campaigns NOT saved compatible.

You may have to restart your campaign. I'm sorry

Which campaigns are not savegame compatible?? onli with patch2a or also with beta2 and patch2?

It is strange cause i can't neither load a save nor starting a new fresh one, it crashes in both cases during loading screens...

On the other hand i have my first installation that is BETA1 plus PATCH1, this one works but got the CTD problem in 3rd turn...crazy things pay attention to this:

The 3rd turn got 2 battles, first the franks on the rhine then the lazygees on Sirmium (where the game CTD) but if i do autosolve in the first franks battle so the lazygees battles works correctly fighting its normally!!! that is crazy, seems that the mod can't do more than 1 battle during AI turn, if i do 2 battles the game CTD in the loading screen of the second one!!!!
    Last edited by -Traiano-; May 28, 2009 at 06:08 PM.

Have you installed IJV3.0 BETA 2, plus the IJ PATCH 2a?, as this problem was corrected with them.
    Yes, after all three PATCHES, I have having continued the play, and such mistake. I have newly corrected officer roman_tribuni1, and played further without mistake. It Is Got problem is not solved.

PS. Truth dialect, I have placed PATCHES 1.0, 2.0, and 2а by turns, and campaign on new did not begin. Play the get old, but without problems. Only this mistake, which was from the very beginning, before PATCHES.

[quote=-Traiano-;5276289]Which campaigns are not savegame compatible?? onli with patch2a or also with beta2 and patch2?[quote]Sometimes you just have to go back to basics. I suggest you delete your IJ folder and reinstall IJV3.0 BETA 2 and Patch 2a, start a brand new campaign and tell me how you go.

Cheers

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

[quote=julianus heraclius;5277650][quote=-Traiano-;5276289]Which campaigns are not savegame compatible?? onli with patch2a or also with beta2 and patch2?
    Sometimes you just have to go back to basics. I suggest you delete your IJ folder and reinstall IJV3.0 BETA 2 and Patch 2a, start a brand new campaign and tell me how you go.

Cheers
    Yes i've made the same decision: too many problems right now, today i made new fresh install BETA2 plus Patch2a and started to try out several campaigns, for now all seems to work well...i'm chosing what campaign to do...then i'll play some turns and i'll get back to report...

Hello Julianus Herclius and team members,

great mod! IBFD V 2 was wonderful, but Version 3 is big improvement especially the battle AI. Barbarian formations shouting the baritus is an awesome experience! Ammianus would have loved it.

I played 361 campaign a few days with CTDs caused by memory problems I guess. This kind of CTDs occurred in version 2 too.

But playing faction East Rome (Valens) in 365 campaign Vadomarius Palatine auxiliary army was unable to seize Nicomedia or Constantinople. In any case - automatically resolved or played - winning the seige battle caused an CTD.

Could it be a general problem in 365 campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by $Arminius1 View Post
    But playing faction East Rome (Valens) in 365 campaign Vadomarius Palatine auxiliary army was unable to seize Nicomedia or Constantinople. In any case - automatically resolved or played - winning the seige battle caused an CTD.

Could it be a general problem in 365 campaign?
    Can you elaborate a bit more. Can you find out who was the enemy General in either of these cities. If there are two of the same general, then that means the evil twin has arisen. if that is the case, can you give me the enemy generals name and I'll fix it and create a new patch for the 365AD campaign.

Thanks