Page 7 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

inzaghi4ever's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    OK, I think you will have to reinstall the mod again. The default comes with the IB modified Skymod, IJV3.0 vegetation and IJ Strat map models. I would like to know where the missing texture file came from. I think from the IJ strat map model.

I'll check it out.

Thanks

I had this problem too.and you are right julianus,the problem is with the strat map model.I installed everything from the options folder except it and the mod works perfectly! I still hope you guys will manage to fix it though!

After spending about 5 and a half hours redownloading and reinstalling the game and mod a few times i still can not get it to work.
    The game no matter if i del every thing and start over will only load the first screen that goes for vinalla or the moded version
    Please help

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon14 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Hello JH, Here's my progress update; I've been playing the ConstantiusII faction in the 355AD Campaign and the year is now around 389-390AD and I've been quite suprise by the lack of CTD's in the game. I do have an occasional one now but nothing repeating. Maybe it because I'm playing on a new computer and the reason people are having problems are because their computers are old or crappy.

I have found a couple of minor errors/bugs though:

1) I had general (Phocas Attianus) that came of age and spawned in the far south-west corner near the town of Tindouf in Berber territory. He was invisible on the world map. Safe to say he got killed the following turn and solved that problem.

2) The Psuedocomitatnesis: Armenia Secundae are listed as spearmen yet they carry swords.

3) The Hun faction leader (Kandak) has either no image or an image that keeps changing everytime you click on him. Its a minor bug, thankfully no CTD's.

You've really done a good job with the mod, I almost have to stumble on "bug" or "error" to find them.

Oh yea, I was wondering if your going to replace the image of "barracks" for the suburbs with an actual suburb pic?

NM

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by bohema View Post
    After spending about 5 and a half hours redownloading and reinstalling the game and mod a few times i still can not get it to work.
    The game no matter if i del every thing and start over will only load the first screen that goes for vinalla or the moded version
    Please help
    Are you saying that it will only load the vanilla game and not the mod?

neither after i uninstalled the BI folder and then reinstaled it the vanilla game no longer loads other than the very first screen that u see. Just as the mod dose

Hey JH,

first off I'd like to say that this is a great mod - really captures the spirit of the times and it's a real challenge. And I'd be really enjoying myself, except that I've hit something of a ...wall here

Specifically, playing the 355 campaign with Julian (of course ) I've had a number of random CTDs, but now I hit a persistent one. I've reached summer 356, besieging the city of Tingis which had rebelled a couple of turns earlier (held by rebels, not the roman rebel faction which got wiped out immediately on emerging) and when I attack and click to play the battle ...CTD (pre-battle) . I'm not entirely sure, but I think the problem is with the generic rebel general unit in command of the city.

Also, if I skip my attack and just end the turn, I get attacked by the Franks (three stacks) at Colonia Agrippina, a battle which I have won two or three times (with Julian's stack reinforced by Valentinian's stack), only to get a post-battle CTD on every occasion

I have the saved game if you want to have a look at it.

Oh... and I also found a missing texture - AR_unit_pictish_huntsman (used by those pictish crossbowmen I think). I copied it over from the RR7.03 folder to play the battle.

Other than these annoying CTDs, the mod is a blast... congrats again

[quote=justme;5239799]
    Specifically, playing the 355 campaign with Julian (of course ) I've had a number of random CTDs, but now I hit a persistent one. I've reached summer 356, besieging the city of Tingis which had rebelled a couple of turns earlier (held by rebels, not the roman rebel faction which got wiped out immediately on emerging) and when I attack and click to play the battle ...CTD (pre-battle) . I'm not entirely sure, but I think the problem is with the generic rebel general unit in command of the city.

Also, if I skip my attack and just end the turn, I get attacked by the Franks (three stacks) at Colonia Agrippina, a battle which I have won two or three times (with Julian's stack reinforced by Valentinian's stack), only to get a post-battle CTD on every occasion
    OK, which Revision did you down load, cause this does sound like a sprites issue. IJV3.0 BETA 2 download is the latest that has fixed the sprites (well hopefully), so you may want to check which download you are using. If you have IJV3.0 BETA 1, then you can install the patch instead.

Oh... and I also found a missing texture - AR_unit_pictish_huntsman (used by those pictish crossbowmen I think). I copied it over from the RR7.03 folder to play the battle.
    I'll check this out. Thanks

Other than these annoying CTDs, the mod is a blast... congrats again
    Thank you, glad you are enjoying it.

any ideas cause im lost

Quote Originally Posted by bohema View Post
    neither after i uninstalled the BI folder and then reinstaled it the vanilla game no longer loads other than the very first screen that u see. Just as the mod dose
    I assume you unisntalled BI using its uninstaller.

OK, you need then to reinstall BI, after you have fully uninstalled it, then make sure that it loads properly.

If it does, then install IJV3.0. If you have done it correctly you should have a IJ folder inside your RTW folder.

If that is the case, then see if you have your shortcut to desktop and try to launch the mod.

Cheers

[QUOTE=julianus heraclius;5243310]
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    OK, which Revision did you down load, cause this does sound like a sprites issue. IJV3.0 BETA 2 download is the latest that has fixed the sprites (well hopefully), so you may want to check which download you are using. If you have IJV3.0 BETA 1, then you can install the patch instead.

I'll check this out. Thanks

Thank you, glad you are enjoying it.

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it before... it's BETA 2 that I'm using and the campaign was started using BETA 2 (had to scrap my old BETA 1 Julian campaign because of the instability and start fresh )

Also, the post-battle CTD was really annoying, so I had to "circumvent" it and destroy the Frankish stacks one at a time with Valentinian's stack (no CTD then).

[quote=justme;5244897]

Sorry about that, I should have mentioned it before... it's BETA 2 that I'm using and the campaign was started using BETA 2 (had to scrap my old BETA 1 Julian campaign because of the instability and start fresh )

Also, the post-battle CTD was really annoying, so I had to "circumvent" it and destroy the Frankish stacks one at a time with Valentinian's stack (no CTD then).
    Now, that is strange, as I have the odd CTD involving the Alemanni but none with the Franks at all. In fact since I introduced the revised sprites I have had only the odd CTD.

You may need to check your video settings. I've also been told that with unlimited men of the battlefield some memory cards can't take it. You can either alter this line in your preferences.txt file from this:

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

to this:

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

or wait for say 20-30 seconds before you close out from your battle.

[quote=julianus heraclius;5244975]
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Now, that is strange, as I have the odd CTD involving the Alemanni but none with the Franks at all. In fact since I introduced the revised sprites I have had only the odd CTD.

You may need to check your video settings. I've also been told that with unlimited men of the battlefield some memory cards can't take it. You can either alter this line in your preferences.txt file from this:

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:TRUE

to this:

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE

or wait for say 20-30 seconds before you close out from your battle.
    Hey JH, thanks for the tips.

It's a bit difficult to believe it's the graphics card and its setting, but I'll take your advice and limit the men on the battlefield. I'll report back if I run into other probs.

Still, the pre-battle ctd in Tingis persists... perhaps you should check again that generic rebel general (maybe it's not a sprite but something else about him )

Ok, I had a sudden inspiration last night - seeing that no battle in Africa would work for me (pre-battle CTD) I began suspecting there was something wrong with the "battlemap". So I just deleted the map.rwm file and ...presto - the first battle I tried that produced a constant CTD this time worked! Now I have to check if this also affects my post-battle CTDs.

Thanks again for the help JH.

EDIT: waiting about 1 min after the battle didn't help (similar case like before: siege of vicus alamanni, 3 roman stacks vs 2 alamanni stacks - win => CTD). Using UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE too...

EDIT2: come to think of it... I'm using huge size units. Could that also be a problem?
    Last edited by justme; May 25, 2009 at 03:36 AM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I've been fighting as the lakhmids lately, and the game CTD's in the middle of the battle. It also happens randomly
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    I've been fighting as the lakhmids lately, and the game CTD's in the middle of the battle. It also happens randomly
    And which install version are you playing with?

EDIT: Sometimes this can be caused by a units weapons listed in the edu not matching in the mdb. Can you pin down the offending units for me. Are they Lakhmid or other?

Thanks
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; May 25, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

And which install version are you playing with?

EDIT: Sometimes this can be caused by a units weapons listed in the edu not matching in the mdb. Can you pin down the offending units for me. Are they Lakhmid or other?

Thanks

not surprisingly, the lakhmids are always involved.

I checked for that scenario, but no dice-I even modified the edu and dmb for confirmation (reeuipping them)

I'm running the latest version.
    I haz a culler!! (really, who gives a darn? its totally meaningless, and it doesn't really accurately reflect who I am)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen.jamesWolfe View Post
    not surprisingly, the lakhmids are always involved.

I checked for that scenario, but no dice-I even modified the edu and dmb for confirmation (reeuipping them)

I'm running the latest version.
    OK I need to know which armies you have been fighting against. I tried a custom battle between the Lakhmids and Sassanids and had no problems. If you say that the edu and dmb are OK, then I am at a loss to explain this, unless it is the opposing army causing the problem.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Damn i'm coming out crazy, i'm playing BETA1 with patch1, 361 campaign. All seemed to go well untill Lazygees sieged Sirmium, i got a repeating CTD when the game loads the battle...i tried to reinstall entire mod and patch but i got this CTD every time Lazigees are attacking Sirmium, the CTD is happening when the battle loads, before i could seing the sieged city....

Any ideas Julianus??
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    Damn i'm coming out crazy, i'm playing BETA1 with patch1, 361 campaign. All seemed to go well untill Lazygees sieged Sirmium, i got a repeating CTD when the game loads the battle...i tried to reinstall entire mod and patch but i got this CTD every time Lazigees are attacking Sirmium, the CTD is happening when the battle loads, before i could seing the sieged city....

Any ideas Julianus??
    Hmm, can you tell me what your General's bodyguard is? Is it a Equites Stablesiani?

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

Hmm, can you tell me what your General's bodyguard is? Is it a Equites Stablesiani?

Yes, in that battle i got 2 armies, one inside and one starting outside as reinforcements and both generals have equites stablesiani guards...what does it mean??
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.

Quote Originally Posted by -Traiano- View Post
    Yes, in that battle i got 2 armies, one inside and one starting outside as reinforcements and both generals have equites stablesiani guards...what does it mean??
    Well, I found a sprite error for them in the mdb file. I have corrected it and included it in the new 2a Patch. I suggest you install the new patch and see if that helps.

Cheers