Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

OK, I think I found the culprit to the Franks and Alemanni troubles. There was one unit shared by both factions that seemed to have a problem sprite. I generated a new one and was able to load battles involving both factions with no CTD's. I couldn't find any problems with the Iazyges though. Has anybody else had any CTD's with loading/existing battles with other factions?

Quote Originally Posted by idoDarklyCute View Post
    I noticed faction often revolt to other factions. In my hun campaign, one city revolted to the ostrogoths and when I re conquer it, it revolt to the quadi.

IMO fatcions should only revolt into rebels (except the romans fation).
    When a faction captures a city and it revolts, it usually revolts back to its original owner.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    These CTD's at the beginning and end of battles are most likely either CAS files problems, most likely sprite probales and psoobly graphics card problems. We all know this is a BETA mod so it is designed to root out the last remaining bugs, so reporting errors is very important. Please try to ensure you know which armies you are fighting and fighting against,
    This is from the Alpha, but I can tell you that I had Problems with the following:
    Officer: celtic_standard.
    Textures: chosen_warlord, german_cavalry and frankish_foot_antrustion.
    And there was some problems with heavy sassanid cavalry, but that was not consistent, and I couldn't pinpoint it.
    Last edited by CIaagent11; May 09, 2009 at 03:00 PM.

Has anybody else had any CTD's with loading/existing battles with other factions?
    I had a few random CTDs while loading battles against Sassanids and Iazyges in the 361 Campaign.

So I was going to download this, but then I saw all the bug reports. Is there a plan to make a patch? I could still try it now, but if there is possibility to wait till the patch, I rather do that.

I'm having multiple CTD's.

My first battle is to be with the jazyges but I can't get that far..

I got as far as to the centenarii error , fixed that, but I seem to be having troubles with the campaign map.
    Like the CTD that happened over spain in that other mod. But there's no apparant region causing it.

Iv'e changed the resolution of the map, which worked for a while then I got the CTD again.
    I upped the resolution, which worked for a while.

Ah well, off to try once more..

Quote Originally Posted by ThePianist View Post
    So I was going to download this, but then I saw all the bug reports. Is there a plan to make a patch? I could still try it now, but if there is possibility to wait till the patch, I rather do that.
    This is an open BETA, not the finished, final version. The whole point of releasing an open BETA is to get help from the public to track down all bugs big and small.

latro, try what i do about the campaign ctds. change the resolution then change it back everytime you launch the game. it worked for me it may work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Latro View Post
    I'm having multiple CTD's.

My first battle is to be with the jazyges but I can't get that far..

I got as far as to the centenarii error , fixed that, but I seem to be having troubles with the campaign map.
    Like the CTD that happened over spain in that other mod. But there's no apparant region causing it.

Iv'e changed the resolution of the map, which worked for a while then I got the CTD again.
    I upped the resolution, which worked for a while.

Ah well, off to try once more..
    Have you tried installing the CA Strat Map option in the Options file and see if that works.

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    latro, try what i do about the campaign ctds. change the resolution then change it back everytime you launch the game. it worked for me it may work for you.
    I think it might. I kind of noticed myself that it worked everytime I changed it. I thought I just hadn't found the right configuration.

Thanks.

Have you tried installing the CA Strat Map option in the Options file and see if that works.
    Would that mean I have to start over or can I continue the campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Latro View Post
    Would that mean I have to start over or can I continue the campaign?
    You can continue the campaign.

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Getting CTD playing as Armenians when loading battles.
    Doesn't matter against which enemy it goes, the game crashes.
    Last edited by Imperial Fist; May 10, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial Fist View Post
    Getting CTD playing as Armenians when loading battles.
    Doesn't matter against which enemy it goes, the game crashes.
    Every time when loading battles? Loading in or out? How often?
    Have you tried other factions?

OK, I'm pretty sure that the issue revolves around some of the sprites. When I created them, I did them as a bulk creation. I did check them to make sure, but I suppose as with all things, you miss some. I have found them so far in the Franks, Alemanni, Iazyges and Huns. Only a few but enough to cause the random CTD's in loading and existing battles.

So I will spend the next few days redoing these sprites on a more unit by unit basis and hopefully reduce or eliminate this issue. I will then upload as a new install.

Cheers

Imperial Fist's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by CIaagent11 View Post
    Every time when loading battles? Loading in or out? How often?
    Have you tried other factions?
    Yes the CTDs appeared every time i tried to load a battle. Strange about it, is the fact that i played a whole quadi campaign with only some CTDs(not that disturbing). I then wanted to begin another campaign, but now another prob appeared. When i chose the faction and klicked on the marker to begin the campaign, the game brought me back to game mode selection screen( main campaign, historical battle.....).
    I had to reinstal IJ yesterday. The only thing i can imagine are some files from 2.0a that weren't overwritten during the first installtion. I'll let you know whether the CTDs appear again.

I guess ill wait until the new install is available then ill play. cant wait because this is a great mod and one were all three campaigns are entertaining which is rare in a mod.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Hi julianus heraclius,
    I installed the scripts of the three campaigns, to have a look to the IJ3.0beta: great units and athmosphere ...!
    It would not be better to release a patch, instead of the complete mod, that is a very big file? Just a suggestion ...
    While looking for sprites, can you look also into the followings:
    * Arealte town should be Arelate
    * Equites Veteranii and Candidati are in EDU, but there is not building to recruit them in EDB as in EDBA

ayeaye Sir

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi julianus heraclius,
    I installed the scripts of the three campaigns, to have a look to the IJ3.0beta: great units and athmosphere ...!
    It would not be better to release a patch, instead of the complete mod, that is a very big file? Just a suggestion ...
    While looking for sprites, can you look also into the followings:
    * Arealte town should be Arelate
    * Equites Veteranii and Candidati are in EDU, but there is not building to recruit them in EDB as in EDBA

ayeaye Sir
    I'll probably do one more major upload becasue of the sprites then patches from then on.

In relation to the equites veteranii, these are recruitable only as mercenaries, and the candidati are not recruitable. They belong to family members only.

margio's Avatar Biarchus

In relation to the equites veteranii, these are recruitable only as mercenaries, and the candidati are not recruitable. They belong to family members only.
    I should know it ...

ayeaye Sir