Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zmv View Post
    Julianus i play campaign for Valens 365 and i have noticed that in palestina romans can recruit sassan infantry in barracks level 2 and cavarly in city near Palmyra!
    Good, glad to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Good, glad to hear it.

Zmv, this is NOT a bug. This is what happened historically. The local population was recruited by the Romans.
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

My governor of Amida recieved this retinue. A different guy had the "Dux Brittainia" or something retinue.

Also, the Gupta have the Romano-British victory message.

Last edited by Rogue; May 08, 2009 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    My governor of Amida recieved this retinue. A different guy had the "Dux Brittainia" or something retinue.

Also, the Gupta have the Romano-British victory message.

Er, Yes, I know about the Dux Britannica title. Iplan to make Roman titles restricted to their provinces. I'ms still working on this.

As for the Guptas Victory, well, I'm using the Romano British faction slot for them. I would suggest though that you play on!

Er, Yes, I know about the Dux Britannica title. Iplan to make Roman titles restricted to their provinces. I'ms still working on this.

As for the Guptas Victory, well, I'm using the Romano British faction slot for them. I would suggest though that you play on!
    So that's why this loyalist revolt happened

So that's why this loyalist revolt happened
    Hmm, yes. Apparently when Britain is lost, it seesm to trigger the old Romano British spawning. I don't know how to get rid of it. If anybody knows can they please let me know. In the meantime just call it an aboration

Hmm, yes. Apparently when Britain is lost, it seesm to trigger the old Romano British spawning. I don't know how to get rid of it. If anybody knows can they please let me know. In the meantime just call it an aboration
    Its a Vanilla hidden hidden resource called 'britain', thats found in the descr_regions sections. Its hard coded for when the last British settlement(I think the last) with the 'britain' hidden resource is taking, a loyalist Romano British army spawns. Ridding the 'britain' hidden resource or simply changing it to "british" should end the hard coded Romano British spawn..but this means all the 'britain' hidden resources need to be changed and that requires two files that need editing, the export_descr_buildings and the descr_regions.

Looking forward to playing your mod Julianus..it looks awesome!
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 08, 2009 at 09:24 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Or we assume Julian responded to the equivilent of the Groans of the Britains by hiring Gupta mercenaries.

He certainly doesn't have legions to spare, given how he's lost like 35-40 provinces - ~15 to the Rebels and a bunch distributed between the barbarians.
    Last edited by Rogue; May 08, 2009 at 11:27 AM.

Or we assume Julian responded to the equivilent of the Groans of the Britains by hiring Gupta mercenaries.
    There's a joke about Indian UK citizens in there somewhere, but I'm not looking for it
    A big THANKS to all Total War modders

Visitor13 came to TWC for the wafers

Saxon government buildings for large and huge city require a high-level market, while they can only build the second-level market - making it impossible to builld advanced government buildings.
    Last edited by Rogue; May 08, 2009 at 09:12 PM.

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon8 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    alright ive noticed im getting a consistant one at the end of one battle. Its when i fight the alemani's factionleader (who for some reason is just all by himself not going to any settlement or joining with a army) and a captain stack standing next to him. I fought the battle several times and unlike other times it always ctds after i win.
    Funny, I'm having the same problem but with the Franks faction leader named Chlodio. I'm playing the 355 campaign, Julian (of course) and have layed siege to Colonia Agrippina w/Julian. On the next turn, I'm attacked by a Frank stack w/Frank general and "twice" I've kicked buttocks and the battle ends in my victory. I get a CTD once I leave the battlefield. The evil twin might be it. I'll implement the:

UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE change and see if that fixes it. I'll keep you posted.

Great Mod JH, I also like the new soundmod that IhateMondays implemented.

NM

Icon8 Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Ok, I did the UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD:FALSE change and that didn't help. I replayed the battle a 4th time and I chose to retreat instead of fighting. I was then engaged in combat by Frankish general Bertgarda and cleaned his clock. This time I was actually out of the loading screen and the AI started its turns when it CTD. I'll tinker around with it and keep you posted.

NM

These CTD's at the beginning and end of battles are most likely either CAS files problems, most likely sprite probales and psoobly graphics card problems. We all know this is a BETA mod so it is designed to root out the last remaining bugs, so reporting errors is very important. Please try to ensure you know which armies you are fighting and fighting against, a picture of their unit compositions would be great too. It helps to track down the offending unit.

Keep up the good work guys.

And thanks Riothamus, I changed the hidden resource britian and the Guptas no longer appear in Britian.

Hey JH, I'll send you some screenshots of the units as soon as you tell me "how" and where I can upload them to you?

Your computer ignoramas, Naughteous Maximus

I noticed faction often revolt to other factions. In my hun campaign, one city revolted to the ostrogoths and when I re conquer it, it revolt to the quadi.
    IMO fatcions should only revolt into rebels (except the romans fation).

CTD every time i assault an army at sigidum with Etreleus and his army
    An Aphrodite for mortal souls, Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles
    Their erotic hour, my tearless weep, Their satisfaction, my infinite sleep

My New Development Project: The Ivlivian Archives, featuring a bug tracker for mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvlivs View Post
    CTD every time i assault an army at sigidum with Etreleus and his army
    I assume you mean the Iazyges??

im playing lazyges, yes.
    An Aphrodite for mortal souls, Playing hide and seek in lecherous roles
    Their erotic hour, my tearless weep, Their satisfaction, my infinite sleep

My New Development Project: The Ivlivian Archives, featuring a bug tracker for mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvlivs View Post
    im playing lazyges, yes.
    I just played the siege and had no problems. The sprites all seemed to be OK.

Saxon government buildings for large and huge city require a high-level market, while they can only build the second-level market - making it impossible to builld advanced government buildings.
    This is designed to encourage invasion and use captured cities to gain advanced buildings.