Page 89 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1794

Thread: CTD & Bug Thread

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: CTD & Bug Thread

Quote Originally Posted by artem007 View Post
    What projects are being conducted about this mod, what will they add?
    I am planning to reskin all models and update all 2D textures but not until IBRO and IBIC have been released.

On steam version of the game, for some bizzare reason the game insists on starting RTW.exe instead of BI.exe. Even if I specifically make the shortcut from the BI and add the "-mod:SAI -show_err -nm -ne" stuff to it. I can only start it with the launcher in Steam, but still that annoys me, I'd much prefer to use the shortcut.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    On steam version of the game, for some bizzare reason the game insists on starting RTW.exe instead of BI.exe. Even if I specifically make the shortcut from the BI and add the "-mod:SAI -show_err -nm -ne" stuff to it. I can only start it with the launcher in Steam, but still that annoys me, I'd much prefer to use the shortcut.
    You can't use a shortcut, because you always need to double click on the RTW link in your library in Steam then select BI from a game selector.

Also, read this about how to launch BI mods in Steam.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

There is a small mistake, in the general’s features, when you right-click on it, the game pours out. Then I click on the other which was normal, but now no

There is a small mistake, in the general’s features, when you right-click on it, the game pours out. Then I click on the other which was normal, but now no
    Which general, which faction?? Can you take a screenshot please.

julianus heraclius Sorry, but I can’t insert a picture. You can give your e-mail to gmail,please

Please answer, I really like this mod, honestly, often crashes take place in the campaign for sight 365 year 4 moves, give email please rome west

Please answer, I really like this mod, honestly, often crashes take place in the campaign for sight 365 year 4 moves, give email please rome west
    I sent you my email via private message.

Screenshots helped you fix errors??

Screenshots helped you fix errors??
    from your screenshots I cannot tell what the problem is. As I said in my return email to you I did notice that all descriptions are in Russian and so wondered if this is causing trouble. I would suggest installing the english version again and see what happens.

and you do not play this mod?

and you do not play this mod?
    Not for a while, as I have been busy with modding RO and life itself.

Good evening,

I'm new on TWC and I want to report on this forum a game-breaking bug I have found some years ago on the following version of your mod:

IB_-_SOMNIUM_APOSTATAE_IULIANI_V1.0_Install

Unfortunately I don't had taken notes about it, but I remember it enough well, because, after hundreds of CtD, I have resolved it on my own modifying one of the mod file.
    The bug:
    It involves a mounted unit, very problably an archery cavalry unit. This unit can be found in middle east. I don't remember if I played with Eastern Roman Empire or the Sassanides, and I don't remember if the unit was Roman, Persian, or Arab, but I had CtD every time I encoutered this unit on an enemy army. The CtD it happens while the game it loads battlemap. Of course, it tooks me a while to indentify the source of the CTD, but after my correction about this unit I remember that this constant CTD it had never happened anymore.
    If I remember well, the problem it was missing graphic file : it was present, but its name it was written in the wrong way so the game engine it doesn't see it; or, maybe, it was present only in another faction and I have copied it also in the faction requested. It is also possible that, in addition to a graphic correction (which I certainly did), I had to change something in a .txt file of the mod.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but it seems to me correct to speak about this, because it was a real game-breaking bug.

When I play for the Romans, I don’t feel fear that my fraction will be destroyed. Just because all the barbarians do not go to Rome, the Ostrogoths, the Huns, the Burgundians and the rest. You can make the barbarians go to Rome, like in vanilla?please

When I play for the Romans, I don’t feel fear that my fraction will be destroyed. Just because all the barbarians do not go to Rome, the Ostrogoths, the Huns, the Burgundians and the rest. You can make the barbarians go to Rome, like in vanilla?please
    These campaigns are designed to reflect the period, so no, not all the barbarians will try to attack Rome. If you want a tough campaign then I suggest you try the 355AD campaign playing the Julian faction.

It’s not a matter where the campaign is more complicated, but the fact that no one goes to Rome, except for the Aleians, Franks and all. I want you to tell the barbarians where to go, to Rome, in any campaign, please

It’s not a matter where the campaign is more complicated, but the fact that no one goes to Rome, except for the Aleians, Franks and all. I want you to tell the barbarians where to go, to Rome, in any campaign, please
    May I suggest that you play the Rvina Romae mod as it starts with the Goths about to sack Rome.

I just played my first campaign with Julian in Gaul, I had a titanic 3x3 army battle vs the Allemans, it took really long and some interesting thing happened, and guess what at the very end of the battle loading back to the campaign map, a CTD. Is that normal, I mean is it something I should expect?

I just played my first campaign with Julian in Gaul, I had a titanic 3x3 army battle vs the Allemans, it took really long and some interesting thing happened, and guess what at the very end of the battle loading back to the campaign map, a CTD. Is that normal, I mean is it something I should expect?
    This is a known bug in RTW and seems to relate to memory issues. There are a few solutions to be found on RTW such as waiting at least 30 seconds before going back to the campaign map etc. Another option is to go into your preferences.txt file and change the line "unlimited men" from TRUE to FALSE.

It might also be related to your hardware. With my old laptop, no matter what precautions I took (waiting 30secs, using the 4gb patch, not killing all family members, etc), the game always crashed after battles with more than two big stacks involved. Allowing for reinforcements only worked when they were no more than 10 units, otherwise it crashed. Now (FINALLY!!!) with my new laptop I can fight epic battles without worries.

Unfortunately the only way to be sure not to crash after big battles is setting UNLIMITED_MEN_ON_BATTLEFIELD: FALSE.