Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Second Age | A LotR Modification for Empire

Icon2 The Second Age | A LotR Modification for Empire

The Second Age
    An Empire Modification

Hello there, i am starting a mod that will be based on the Second Age of Lord of the Rings. It will focus on the times of the Last Alliance and the defeat of Sauron. This mod will not be a major one at the beginning. I plan to only include a few factions, including Mordor, The High Elves, and Gondor (Numenor). After the first release, We can continue to add factions.

What i will need:
    Researchers (lots of them)
    Modelers
    Coders/Scripters
    Mappers
    2D Artists
    Animators

If you are interested in this mod please help out . Also, please post any ideas you have that you would like to see implemented in this mod.

Team
    Polite Assassin - Co-Leader
    Radboud - Co-Leader, 2D-Art (portraits/sigs)
    Killerrabbit - 2D-Art (banners/flags)
    PubliusKhannus - 2D-Art (sigs)
    Eriagon - Research
    Delta228 - Research/2D-Art (sigs)
    Hallow - Research
    OfficerJohn - Research
    Beorn of Carrock - Research
    Flavius Etius - 2D Art
    MaradoX- - Researcher
    Godless Pickle - Researcher
    Hhaller - 2D Art
    A1_Unit - Coder
    (If i left you out, please let me know)
    Last edited by Comrade the Colonel; August 02, 2009 at 10:04 PM.

mac89's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: The Second Age | A LotR Modification for Empire

?

Arent you already making one mod? Seems like youre trying to do too much.

If you mean Star Wars Total War, we cant do much until we get permission which we havent yet. This will not be a major mod. Just about 3-5 factions. As for the work you dont have any idea of what i am capable of doing so dont try limiting me.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Polite Assassin View Post
    If you mean Star Wars Total War, we cant do much until we get permission which we havent yet. This will not be a major mod. Just about 3-5 factions. As for the work you dont have any idea of what i am capable of doing so dont try limiting me.
    Lol man, what are you capable of doing? You are biting off more then you can chew here, stop while you still have you sanity.

Look guys the negativity is not what i am looking for. I am looking for a team that will help make this happen.

Let's not be negative here guys.

Patron of Felixion, Ulyaoth, Reidy, Ran Taro and Darth Red
    Co-Founder of the House of Caesars

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

well I can't do much sir, but I would love to volunteer.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

killerrabbit's Avatar Senator

woah... hmm, you're a bit right, we can't do much with empire untill we get that damn model converter...

BTW, I suggest you do this with M2TW I can't really see this happen with ETW

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Lothae's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by killerrabbit View Post
    woah... hmm, you're a bit right, we can't do much with empire untill we get that damn model converter...

BTW, I suggest you do this with M2TW I can't really see this happen with ETW
    The problem is there's already an amazing LOTR mod for M2TW, The Third Age: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=654.

Sure, it's not the second age but it's similar enough that there's really no point in making another.

As for the mod, I'd be interested in being a part-time (meaning slightly flaky >.<) researcher for this mod if it gets off the ground .
    Last edited by Lothae; May 05, 2009 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Reread the first post :P

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I know you're good, Polite, but I think there are enough LOTR mods atm. And yes I did read all your first post stuff.

Good luck though

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Omg, not LOTR again...

Well.. good luck.

Hmm cool I might part take in such as this is 2nd age and not 3rd (which is the time of Angmar)

Well see...
    Parcus es vinco of fecal res
    "The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane." Tesla
    "France has more need of me than I have need of France." Napoleon
    "Its better to fight for something then live for nothing." Patton

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Second age would be a great time for a mod, I've never seen a second age mod for ANY game and would love to play one. Go for it!
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

I am not going to do it on M2TW because as it has been said, there are many lord of the rings mods on there. I just want to make a mod thast not major and not minor, on Empire. What i need a lot of is researchers, so if you want to help with that please post all info you can find on the second age. Thanks for keeping it positive guys, i wont let you down.

Radboud's Avatar Luctor et Emergo

I am not going to do it on M2TW because as it has been said, there are many lord of the rings mods on there. I just want to make a mod thast not major and not minor, on Empire. What i need a lot of is researchers, so if you want to help with that please post all info you can find on the second age. Thanks for keeping it positive guys, i wont let you down.
    You should ask Varjon, he said that he would like to see a Second Age mod (rather than Third Age again) and he knows a lot about this stuff. I think one of the harder parts might be the looks of the units and maybe portraits, because there is hardly any reference. I would like to help, but I'll focus on the Star Wars mod for now.

killerrabbit's Avatar Senator

you know me? I can do some 2D stuff e.g.

Flags ( campaign, battle, menu )
    loading screens...

etc...

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

The one thing of Empire that's really great in my opinion is the naval warfare, so why not make use of that? Make a mod about the coasts of Middle-earth, either in the first, second, third or even in the fourth age.

For the first age you could use factions as the Elves of the Falas under Cirdan, Elves of Tol Eressëa and Alqualondë under Olwë, also you could have some cool hero's like Ulmo, Ossë and Uinen. Problem is that you won't have any enemy around on sea.

For the second age you could use of course the Numenorians, best thing is to split them into Kings Men and Faithfull so that you have two enemies. I would suggest to include both Numenor, coasts of Middle-earth and maybe even small point of Valinor. Factions: Kings Men, Faithfull, Elves of Lindon under Gil-Galad and Cirdan, Elves at Edhellond, Elves at Tol Eresseë and some other folk more inland. I would also advice to have it start late in the second age so that you can include the havens of the Numenorians at the coasts of Middle-earth: Lond Daer Enedh, Pelargir, Umbar and others.

For the third age you could make use of the Elves of Lindon, Gondorian navy, maybe make Dol Amroth a subfaction. Umbar and the Black Numenorians are also very good choices. You could do his at various dates in the third age.

For the fourth age you should use your inspirations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca View Post
    Second age would be a great time for a mod, I've never seen a second age mod for ANY game and would love to play one. Go for it!
    There is a Second Age mini-mod for LOTR-TW made by Presbiter.

Varjon's Avatar Praepositus

Best eras of Second Age where this modification could take place would be from 700 of S.A. to 1700 of S.A. or from 3319 of S.A. till the end of Second Age.

Only one at the moment. I believe one Eastern European group of modders is working on Middle-earth: Total War for MII:TW, though.
    Last edited by Varjon; May 06, 2009 at 01:29 PM.

helmersen's Avatar Praepositus

Great proposial I would've loved to see this mod come true
    Interested in how Attila and the new LONGBEARDS DLC plays?

Check out my Total War Attila: Jutes Let's Play: http://youtu.be/rFyxh4mj1pQ
    Check out my Total War Attila: The Langobards Let's Play: http://youtu.be/lMiHXVvVbCE
    Total War: Attila with ERE vs Sassanids GEM at max settings:
    http://youtu.be/jFYENvVpwIs
    Total War: Rome II Medieval Kingdoms Mod Gameplay: http://youtu.be/qrqGUYaLVzk

Thanks KR and Radboud, i appreciate it

Naval battles will be in this mod No matter how long it may take, i am determined.

Ok, so it seems we have a good time (posted by Varjon) I need to know what specific factions there will be other than Mordor, and the goblins (kinda like rebels?)

Page 1 of 33 123456789101126 ... LastLast