Thread: help me with my savoy campaign please (:

Default help me with my savoy campaign please (:

i just started a savoy campaign using the late campaign mod (it starts at 1783 with lots of new stuff). My first moves were to take milan then convert to a republic and now its 1785 and im trying to decide who to invade. I made peace with france though thinking about it i really shoudve taken corsica first.
    Im aiming to unite italy but all of the italian factions (including me) love each other. They're Genoa (spains protectorate who im already at with), Venice (got the most troops), the italian states and Naples & Sicily. So basicaly who should i beat on 1st, got no allies so that wont affect my choice, and im very friendly with the french.
    Kosovo ain't Serbia anymore so quit winging and get on with life

Cheshire Cat's Avatar Civis

Default Re: help me with my savoy campaign please (:

Hmm hard to say really depends what difficulty your playing , does the late mod address the new money issues?...

If its just vanilla i can advise a bit , Savoy has a trade port use it make trade agreements with Martha Confed and Ottermans or GB as they have more trade ports than other nations . Make sure you produce trade ships from the start , Now the tricky bit getting them past the Barbery states , i try and move my trade ships halfway down spain first move and no futher try not to open the FOW on Barbery ports , if you have succeded and are not attacked on the first move you can make a dash past gibralter , repeat this so you have a trade ship in each trade theater.

Savoy has no Miltary tech tree so you need to take a city that does , Rome and Venice come to mind i would go for Venice as they rarely build fortifacations and always have loads of cannon instead of troops easy pickings for Cav.
    Dont build your army til you have the barracks in place the extra income from having a small army for 5 turns will help . One note about venice which i forgot is that when you take it sue for peace 9 times out of ten they will take it.

Apart from do not annoy spain you will have enough problems getting your trade ships past the barbery pirates nevermind spain joining in. Good luck and i hope this helps ive done this mini guide from the newest vanilla patch im sure other peeps might have diff ideas but this way has has always worked fro me hope it helps.........

thanks for that
    my problems have adressed themselves for now, the italian states declared war so i flattened them and now genoa have too, im having public order problems in rome though and i need alll the men i can find for the genoan campaign (im also almost bankrupt). Once ive dealt with genoa ill take venice and probably make naples sicily my protectorate if i can. So what shall i do then, africa, bavaria and germany, ottomans, colonies or somewhere else?
    Kosovo ain't Serbia anymore so quit winging and get on with life

I would say North Africa. The Barbary states are always going to be a nuisance to your trade, you may as well deal with them sooner rather than later. If Morocco starts raiding your fleets take them out too.