Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Great Spirit - Native American Addition Mod UPDATE VERSION 1.2 RELEASED! Empire 1.3 Compatible

Default Re: The Great Spirit - Native American Addition Mod UPDATE VERSION 1.1 RELEASED! 30+ NEW UNITS

This mod simply doesnt work, every combo, mods, without mods, even a fresh instillation.

It just crashes after the first turn and before the second.

Default Re: The Great Spirit - Native American Addition Mod UPDATE VERSION 1.1 RELEASED! 30+ NEW UNITS

I agree with gillburg on when it crashes when you click "end turn" on your first turn. And i couldn't get it to work for custom battles.

Im not trying to be mean. I would love to play this Mod! But it just crashes. Anyone else have this problem? Or Am i total wrong?

Hmm, well, I havent experienced the crashes, have you tried running it with all your other mods turned off?

Remember guys, this project at this point, is a big Work in progress, it 'should' work as is, but is no where near the mod it will be upon completion, and is in more of a beta stage right now...

So you guys are in the Beta, can you tell us what other mods you had running while experiencing this CTD?

We need feedback from you guys, so we can fix any issues, most of the Modders in this group are so hard at work w/ trying to make content for the more 'final' version, that honestly, we dont have anyone with huge amounts of time for internal testing....

So what were the exact conditions (mods, settings etc.) when you experienced the crash? (I know you listed some already, Gill, Fresh installation and crash? Hmmmm)

Irmo, any input on this? seems pretty specific....
    Last edited by Vonwolfi; June 01, 2009 at 09:54 PM.

Well what happened was I would go to Grand Campaign. Click on any Native Nation. And play. (I tryed all of them) I would play with the FOW which you know of. So i built up some buildings and started to recrute some units. And then i was done and clicked end turn the screen froze and crashed.

But see i did everything the instructions said. And my other mods were off. Also i did reinstalled it. Same thing happened. So im not sure whats wrong or if im the only one.

Also, will their be anymore playable Natives? Apache? I would love that but any Tribe would be good at this point Thanks. Keep working hard !

I'm really sorry, I wouldn't know what the problem is. You could try it with an unedited script file - but about 150 people have downloaded that, and no one else has complained, so I'm unsure what else to say. I play the first few turns of a campaign quite often, just to see that it is working, and you can upgrade and recruit buildings, but admitable, I didn't do that for the scripting.lua, so I'm unsure.

And Vonwolfi, I wouldn't call the next one we're releasing anywhere near final. We can only do about 5-10% of things I potentially want to do with this mod overall, or less. Just to give you a taste - I want to add new models, much more factions, much more regions, expand the map so it covers the whole of America, and much more scripting things which I can't do because I am far too incompetent in scripting, especially in Lua (even though I'm learning now ). I know that scripting is possible at the moment, but it seems the only person doing ETW scripting atm is alpaca, so unless someone else who knows lua out there wants to join, I can't do any of the scripting stuff I dream of.

And we will add much more factions and much more regions, the second we can.

Having said that, the next release will be better than 1.1 by such a large margin you will be amazed. I may give you a teaser with 1 or 2 factions completely and utterly reskinned with historically accurate (as much as possible) skins and unit roster of about 25, with each unit having pretty much a unique skin as well. The next proper version will have every faction completely and utterly re-skinned with unique skins and unit rosters. Also, hopefully by then we will have done faction specific buildings (its possible!) as well .

And if more is do-able by then, then expect more as well!

I see you have a Darthmod version. Anychance of doing the same for IS ?

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vonwolfi View Post
    Hmm, well, I havent experienced the crashes, have you tried running it with all your other mods turned off?

Remember guys, this project at this point, is a big Work in progress, it 'should' work as is, but is no where near the mod it will be upon completion, and is in more of a beta stage right now...

So you guys are in the Beta, can you tell us what other mods you had running while experiencing this CTD?

We need feedback from you guys, so we can fix any issues, most of the Modders in this group are so hard at work w/ trying to make content for the more 'final' version, that honestly, we dont have anyone with huge amounts of time for internal testing....

So what were the exact conditions (mods, settings etc.) when you experienced the crash? (I know you listed some already, Gill, Fresh installation and crash? Hmmmm)

Irmo, any input on this? seems pretty specific....
    Hey Von!!!!!!
    Good to see you around mate!! and hard at work on this mod
    I have got out of my box and thought i would have a look at other peoples mods!! good work mate, and how much $$$$$$$$ have i got to pay you to get back on my team!!!!

Jihada - it probably is mostly compatible with IS, because I don't think IS changes stuff that I change, or any of the unit sizes considerably. Try loading TGS above IS, and if you have any serious problems, then I will make a compatibility patch. I will make a compatibility patch for APE as well eventually. Quite busy at the moment, sorry.

I will post some previews of Vonwolfi's new skins in a bit - they are absolutely stunning .

Never mind, i got it to work. Stupid me

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

does this mod work if ive already got your mod for all the factions in the campaign? it looks great!

Yes. My other mod actually has exactly the same victory conditions as this one. As I have not actually done any other changes to the startpos (yet - there will be in the next update), you just have to replace the GS startpos with the all factions unlocked startpos.

is it possible to disable the "loose" formation thing?

This Mod Won't work for me.. Can someone please tell me how to fix it from crashing after ending my turn??

Thanks!

If you want, open up the pack file, go to the units_stats_land, go to the columns called 'File Spacing' and 'Rank Spacing', and halve them for all units to get back to vanilla formations. Check out the modding sub forum or more info on the Pack File Manager and other stuff, or if you want a more detailed explanation.

General - a few people seem to be having this problem, but I don't know whats causing it. You may want to pm Erwin Rommel, because he had exactly the same problem, and got it working. Erwin, could you please tell us how you managed to get yours to work, so I can post it on the front page as well for other people having this problem.
    Last edited by Irmo; June 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM.

[QUOTE=Irmo;5354610]If you want, open up the pack file, go to the units_stats_land, go to the columns called 'File Spacing' and 'Rank Spacing', and halve them for all units to get back to vanilla formations. Check out the modding sub forum or more info on the Pack File Manager and other stuff, or if you want a more detailed explanation.QUOTE]

Thank you

One more question, how can I get rid of priests and stuff that comes into my land?

Well, Hold on, i need to look at what i did. It is a weird combo of i did lol.

First im not a good explainer. But what i did was, i followed the instructions given. Also, i added the files given to this folder called Source. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods . Also i added the 2 files given into the main data folder. C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

Also make sure you only have this mod on. Cause i tried having this mod on with my other mod which is for Greece. And it doesn't work.

TheAussieDigger's Avatar Ducenarius

and if ive already got your other mod, does that mean i only need to download the gs campaign as the FOW is already fixed?
    or do i need to download it again as this will change it back?
    thnx for all your help!

Erwin,in yours it will have been the Greece mod interfering with mine, because you probably used my startpos, and his regions and the game would have been confused at the two incompatible files.

Aussie - use my other mods startpos, and the two pack files from the gs.