Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 for Darthmod - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 - updated 16.8.09 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 for Darthmod - updated 29.8.09

Great News. I have only come back to Empire in the last week or so. I have been using your mod in my latest grand campaign.
    Must say im very impressed.
    I have been looking through the mod section and i have noticed that the are many other extra units out there also. But it is a little hard to work out what mod is compatible with is this mod and vice versa.

I would love to try out as many mods as i can but i just dont want to break set up i have now. I just want to add to it.

Is the a list some where on what mods you can use together and not brake all the hard work Darth has done in making the game so enjoyable?

I don't know if anyone has asked this before but it would be a good idea if someone was to put all the new units and new textures that have been made by the great modders on this forum into one big mod that is compatible with all other major mods?

Anyways just an idea.

Keep up the great work.

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 - updated 16.8.09 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 for Darthmod - updated 29.8.09

Quote Originally Posted by Chris79 View Post
    Great News. I have only come back to Empire in the last week or so. I have been using your mod in my latest grand campaign.
    Must say im very impressed.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I have been looking through the mod section and i have noticed that the are many other extra units out there also. But it is a little hard to work out what mod is compatible with is this mod and vice versa.

I would love to try out as many mods as i can but i just dont want to break set up i have now. I just want to add to it.

Is the a list some where on what mods you can use together and not brake all the hard work Darth has done in making the game so enjoyable?

I don't know if anyone has asked this before but it would be a good idea if someone was to put all the new units and new textures that have been made by the great modders on this forum into one big mod that is compatible with all other major mods?

Anyways just an idea.

Keep up the great work.
    Hello Chris79, thanks a lot for your compliments.

AUM is quite compatible to all other "unit pack mods" out there. But you have to look in the other unit pack thread if it's balanced to Darthmod or not. Other unit packs are normally balanced to standard ETW vanilla stats/costs.

I suggest that you should look through the "Darthmod Submod Thread" and the very detailed and updated "Darthmod Empire compatible mods and sub-mods" list by Tharoth.

Your idea is interesting but I don't think that all modders would give the permission for a "Big Unit Pack".

My "patch_aum_graphics.pack" will be updated with more fantastic textures from several very talented textures-contributors.

Thanks very much indeed for the reply.
    With what you have said in mind.
    I will stick with your unit mod for the time being.
    As i don't want to break the balance that DM has.
    I look forward to your future updates.

I've got good news about my progress on AUM 2.6 for Darthmod 2.9. It will be released later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    I've got good news about my progress on AUM 2.6 for Darthmod 2.9. It will be released later today.

Great news looking forward to release.

Hello to all DARTHMOD + AUM fans out there,

20. September 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 has been released
    Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - official patch 1.3.1 + 14 free units + 14 "Elite Units of the West" DLC
    - DarthMod 2.9 / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.6 / Imperial Splendor 2.0.4

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding mod > DarthMod / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita / Imperial Splendor or vanilla = standard ETW balanced stats (standalone)

- changes of the language files:

patch_aum_en_loc.pack = English
    patch_aum_en_loc_api_ti.pack = English > A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita
    patch_aum_en_loc_is.pack = English > Imperial Splendour
    English UPC = English language file for several mods / replaces the English "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"

patch_aum_ge_loc.pack = German
    German UPC = German language file for several mods

patch_aum_sp_loc_all.pack = Spanish Compatibility Project (will follow soon)

- fixed the CTD that was reported when the "Light Cavalry Sharpshooters" use the "light_infantry_behaviour"
    - fixed the missing text entries of the "French Mousquetaires de la Garde"
    - fixed the "auto-garrison" behaviour of all custom units - credits to applelover for discovering this issue
    - fixed the "hull strength values" in the "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita-AUM" + "Imperial Splendour-AUM" version
    - increased the "build turns" in the "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita-AUM" for several units + ships

- restricted the unit recruitment of the faction "Crimean Khanate"
    - decreased the experience that several units get from higher building levels
    - removed the "backpack equipment" of all custom units - credits to erasmus777

- optimized the custom battle/campaign costs, upkeep, limit and campaign movement rate of the three custom AUM trade ships: "Indiaman (improved)" + "Netherlands Indiaman Amsterdam Class" + "Merchantman (armed)"

- optimized the "unit abilities" + "file and rank spacings" + "campaign movement rates" + "armour values" for all custom units in all four versions
    - changed the "training/formation" of several custom "Light Infantry" units to "mob" according to patch 1.3.1

- changed the "Officer" of the "Swiss Pikemen" to an armoured officer and they have now the ability "garrison_police_bonus"
    - the "Swiss Guards" + "Spanish Tercio Pikemen" have now the ability "garrison_police_bonus"
    - the "Spanish Tercio Pikemen" + "Landwehr Militia" are recruitable at all military buildings
    - the "Janissaries Sekban (melee)" are only recruitable in the region "Anatolia"
    - the "Desert Camel Mercenaries" are only recruitable in the region "camels" which covers several regions around the world

- the "Guerilla Mercenaries" are only available to these factions: Britain, France, Netherlands, Austria, Prussia, Russia, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Sweden, United States Denmark, Venice
    - the "War Galleon" is only available for these factions: Britain, France, Spain, United Provinces, Russia, Prussia, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Venice, Portugal, Denmark, Knights St.John
    - the "War Fluyt" is only available for the United Provinces

- changed the required technology of the "Royal Cuirassier Guards" to "military_army_diamond_formation"
    - changed the required technology of the "Garrison Guards" to "military_army_square_formation"
    - changed the required technology of the "French Douaniers Infantry" + "Hungarian Line Infantry" + "Royal Constantinople Infantry Guards" to "military_army_socket_bayonet"
    - changed the required technology of the "Royal Cairo Infantry Guards" + "Royal Indian Infantry Guards" + "African Infantry Guards" to "military_army_plug_bayonet"

- changed the texture of the "Grenadier Guards" to another vanilla texture
    - optimized the texture of the "Swiss Grenadiers" (unit icon will be edited later)
    - included a new unit icon for the "Don Cossacks Cavalry" made by HELLFELL
    - included a new unit icon for the "Swiss Guards" made by JOEDRECK

- included two new "Officer" textures for several custom units made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    - included a new texture for the "French Voltigeurs" made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    - included a new texture for the "Royal Swedish Dragoons" made by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    - included a new texture for the "French Grenadiers du Roi" made by REMO
    - included a new texture for the "Polish Hussar Guards" made by REMO
    - included a new texture for the "Royal Indian Cavalry Guards" made by REMO
    - included a new texture for the "Desert Camel Mercenaries" made by REMO

- included a new texture for the "United States Naval Marines" made by KUNGFUSERGE
    - included a new texture for the "French Naval Marines" made by DANOVA
    - included a new texture for the "Spanish Naval Marines" made by DANOVA

- removed 18 of the 51 "unlocked vanilla units" because of the "Unit limit in the UI recruitment queue" problem
    UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974
    http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ENT-QUEUE.html

These units have now the standard faction relations again:
    euro_carabiniers
    euro_dragoons
    euro_heavy_cavalry
    euro_late_riflemen
    euro_expat_infantry_irish_brigade
    euro_highlanders_scots
    euro_light_infantry_miquelets
    euro_light_infantry_barbets
    americas_long_rifle_men
    east_lancers
    east_guard_cavalry_ahadis
    east_irregular_cavalry_pindari
    east_light_cavalry_qizilbashi
    18_lber_land_cannon_guard_galloper
    24_lber_land_cannon_guard
    12_lber_howitzer_colonial
    american_heavy_frigate
    razee

- the "Galleon" is only available for these factions: Britain, France, Spain, United Provinces, Russia, Prussia, Austria, Poland, Sweden, Venice, Portugal, Denmark, Knights St.John, Genoa, Tuscany, Naples-Sicily
    - the "Galleon Race-Built" is only available for these factions: Britain, France, Spain, United Provinces, Portugal
    - the "Fluyt" is only available for these factions: Britain, France, United Provinces, Sweden, Denmark

There is a „How to re-activate the unlocked vanilla units again“ in the FAQ on my second post.

The complete „unit-to-faction“ + „unit-to-faction-group“ tables from AUM 2.4 are downloadable on my FAQ too: AUM_all_units_activated_tables.7z

- removed the "Marines (early)" from France, Spain and the United States, because they have now own land + naval "Marines" units. The "Marines (late)" are still recruitable for them.

>>> ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2
    - included the awesome unit packs "ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2" into AUM and balanced them to the three supported major mods and vanilla.

These fantastic mods were made by Danova, Ahiga, Johan217.

Here is the original release thread > http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=277297

Here is DANOVA's official download site > http://www.chrome.hu/danova/mod/download/

There are screenshots of all 20 integrated ORNAMENTUM units in my album on my profile site.

All ORNAMENTUM units are balanced to the four versions of AUM
    > unit size, limit, stats, costs, upkeep, spacings, abilities, firing-drills, morale, technologies and removed grenades.

The French and Spanish land unit Marines from ORNAMENTUM are only recruitable at the „naval admin buildings“ like AUM's other „Marines“.

I've given a technology requirement to several ORNAMENTUM units. Please read the ORNAMENTUM section on my FAQ to see which new requirements the units have.

I will translate the German long descriptions of all ORNAMENTUM units and an updated "UPC German" language file will be released soon.

>>> NEW UNITS IN AUM 2.6

> "French „Cent Suisses“ Riflemen – Französische „Cent Suisses“ Schützen“ new texture by KLA and icon by JOEDRECK
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / only recruitable at the latest military building and the special building "prest_france_arc_de_triomphe" / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling" / non-reinforcable in a Republic

> "Russian Ural Cossacks – Russische Ural Kosaken" new texture and icon by HELLFELL

custom battle = early/late / only available for Russia in their „russian_home_regions“ / recruitable at all military buildings / no technology required

> "US Volunteer Infantry Regiment – US Freiwilligen Infanterieregiment" new texture by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the United States in America / recruitable at all buildings / no required technology

> "US Continental Marines – US Kontinental Marineinfanterie" new texture by KUNGFUSERGE
    custom battle = late / only available for the United States globally / only recruitable at the naval admin buildings / no required technology

> "Buccaneers – Bukaniere" new texture by KUNGFUSERGE
    custom battle = early/late / available for all faction groups in the region „west_indies“ / recruitable at all buildings / no required technology

> "Sekban Riflemen – Sekban Schützen" uses a „hidden“ vanilla texture
    custom battle = late / only available for the Ottomans in the region „Anatolia“ / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / required technology „military_army_european_doctrine“

> "West India Company Infantry – West-Indische Gesellschafts-Kompanie Infanterie" new texture by SIR DIGBY CAESAR

custom battle = late / available for Britain, France, Spain and the United Provinces in the region „west_indies“ / recruitable at all buildings / required technology "enlightenment_joint_stock_companies"

> "Russian Streltsy Musketeers – Russische Strelizen Musketiere" new texture by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    custom battle = early/late / only available for Russia in their „russian_home_regions“ / recruitable at all military buildings / no required technology

> "Bohemian Grenzers – Böhmische Grenzer" new texture by SIR DIGBY CAESAR
    custom battle = late / only available for Austria, Prussia, Russia and Poland in the region „Grenzers" / recruitable at the four „pleasure“ buildings / required technology "military_army_machined_rifling"

> "Hessian Jaegers – Hessische Jäger“ new texture by REMO
    custom battle = late / available for Britain, France, Prussia, Austria, United Provinces in Europe / only recruitable at the four „pleasure“ buildings / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    As you probably know there is a "Unit Limit UI" problem. I've started these two threads about this issue.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ENT-QUEUE.html

There is absolutely no comment at all from CA until now.

If CA doesn't fix this problem, then all "Unit Pack mods" have really a problem to be played together and some units are missing in the recruitment queue.

If you have an account on the official "CA YUKU" forum, then please post your opinion and thoughts about this problem on their site.

Problems, bugs, comments and balancing issues
    If you have any problems with AUM, then please read the detailed FAQ on the second post of the AUM main-thread.

If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

Thanks

>>> Thanks to my team member TAKEDA SHINGEN for his great work as my beta-tester, researcher and screenshooter. He made all new screenshots on this site.

>>> Thanks to my texture contributors and huge +rep to these fine men!

These very talented texture contributors have made textures for AUM:
    SPANKY, BLADERUNNER, HELLFELL, REMO, KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL, SIR DIGBY CAESAR, DANOVA, KUNGFUSERGE, POLLUX578, HRIMFAR, JOEDRECK

>>>Thanks to DANOVA for the permission to integrate his awesome ORNAMENTUM units. He made the fantastic unit pack mods ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 with Ahiga + Johan217.

>>> Thanks to all my AUM fans who have downloaded my mod!

AUM 2.5 was the most successfull release since I've started with AUM. Here are some download stats from all my download sites together. (TWC, Mediafire, Filefront, moddb)

aum_mod.pack

aum_mod_dm.pack

aum_mod_ape_ti.pack

aum_mod_is.pack

Total downloads: 6707

If you like AUM you could give to me (Swiss Halberdier), Takeda Shingen and my texture contributors some +rep.

As always I've updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the units and changed the credits. The huge FAQ on the second post is updated too.

Cheers and happy playing AUM 2.6!
    Swiss Halberdier

sorry to ask, where do I put this file to supposely?

Thanks~

Quote Originally Posted by ricebowl View Post
    sorry to ask, where do I put this file to supposely?

Thanks~
    Hello ricebowl,

If you have any problem with AUM, please read these installation instructions and recommendations from my FAQ:

>>> Did you copy the „aum_mod***.pack“ + “patch_aum_**_loc***.pack” + "patch_aum_graphics.pack" to your ETW „data“ directory?
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data

>>> If you use the "Mod Manager 1.5" from „LtChambers“ to activate "aum_mod***" then please read this:

Make sure if you're using multiple mods, that the ones that aren't checked are moved to the bottom of the queue. Otherwise the manager attempts to load them and any mod placed after them doesn't get loaded.

The language and the graphic pack file don't need to be activated with the “Mod Manager” or added to the user script. They are in a “patch” format which is loaded automatically.

>>> If you use the "script file" you can add one line below to the end of your "user.empire_script.txt":

The location of the "user.empire_script.txt":

XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts
    VISTA C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Whenever updating/saving the "user.empire_script.txt" make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format, and is instead saved in Unicode format, or else "Empire.exe" will not read the mod pack.

mod aum_mod.pack; for "standalone vanilla standard ETW" version

mod aum_mod_dm.pack; for "Darthmod" version

mod aum_mod_is.pack; for "Imperial Splendour" version

mod aum_mod_ape_ti.pack; for "A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita" version

Thanx, I solved the problem, I just throw everything in Data directory, and the script else where...

By the way, you guys added alot of depth to the game, me very much enjoying right now...

Thank you and the others that contributed very much~

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 - updated 20.9.09 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 for Darthmod - updated 29.8.09

One question for you, how come the patch_aum_graphics.zip has gone from 185mb compressed to just 59mb compressed? Am I missing something?

Edit - Ignore me, it seems to uncompress to 470mb! I didn't realise compression was that efficient now.
    Last edited by Phil Stanbridge; September 21, 2009 at 07:49 AM.

Der Angelsachse's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.6 - updated 20.9.09 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 for Darthmod - updated 29.8.09

Wonderful, congrats on the new version Swiss, great job. Merci vielmal.

By the way, you guys added alot of depth to the game, me very much enjoying right now...
    Thank you and the others that contributed very much~
    Good that it worked for you and thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post
    Edit - Ignore me, it seems to uncompress to 470mb! I didn't realise compression was that efficient now.
    Yes the new 7-zip has a fantastic compression ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Angelsachse View Post
    Wonderful, congrats on the new version Swiss, great job. Merci vielmal.
    Thanks a lot and enjoy AUM 2.6.

Hello to all DARTHMOD + AUM fans,

good news about the official patch 1.4!

I've tested AUM 2.6 with the new patch and it works. But it needs the integration of new DB columns and
    re-balancing the stats + costs + upkeep.

I've updated these language files to the new patch 1.4:

The updated German UPC 1.2 file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:
    > compatible with the new official CA patch 1.4

- AUM 2.6
    - Ornamentum 1.1 + 1.2 unit names and short descriptions
    - Origin's Unit Pack 1.0

next translation work:
    Ornamentum 1.1 + 1.2 long descriptions
    A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita
    Sharpe 1.72

The new AUM 2.6 "Spanish language" file has been updated by the "Spanish Translation Team". (Attention: This file has to be updated to patch 1.4. It will be released soon)

• patch_aum_sp_loc_all.7z

These language files will be updated as soon as possible:

• patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z

• patch_aum_en_loc_is.7z

• UPC English 4.6.7z

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

The new AUM 2.6 "Spanish language" file has been updated by the "Spanish Translation Team" to patch 1.4.

I'm working now on the upgrade of AUM's DB tables to patch 1.4 and after I will re-balance the stats.

The announced DLC "Warpath" will be fully compatible with AUM.

to: Swiss Halberdier

when you mention rebalance of the stats, is it mean we should wait for another new patch file or something for the AUM 2.6(English Version) to completely compatible with the new STEAM 1.4 patch?

Thanx ahead for the reply~

to: Swiss Halberdier

when you mention rebalance of the stats, is it mean we should wait for another new patch file or something for the AUM 2.6(English Version) to completely compatible with the new STEAM 1.4 patch?

Thanx ahead for the reply~
    No you can use the current AUM 2.6 without problems. But the stats + costs are not balanced right. I will release an updated AUM 2.7 for DARTHMOD 3.x.

These language files are now fully updated to the new patch 1.4:

• patch_aum_en_loc.7z

• patch_aum_en_loc_ape_ti.7z

• patch_aum_ge_loc.7z

• UPC 1.2 German

These language files will be updated as soon as possible:

• patch_aum_en_loc_is.7z

• UPC English 4.6 - patch 1.4 beta.7z

http://mediafire.com/AUM

http://www.filefront.com/user/SwissHalberdier

when is the AUM 2.7(for Darth Mod) will be out??
    I am getting abit impatient... Counting rice in my bowl now, nothing better to do...

when is the AUM 2.7(for Darth Mod) will be out??
    I am getting abit impatient... Counting rice in my bowl now, nothing better to do...
    Just start your campaign or battle with Darthmod 3.0 + AUM 2.6. You will fully benefit from Darth Vader's changes.

> aum_mod_dm.7z = unit size, costs and stats are updated to "DarthMod 2.9" - fully works with Darthmod 2.9, but I need to update the stats

I'm working on the full integration of the new abilities from patch 1.4.

I can't say any release date for AUM 2.7