Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 for Darthmod - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.3 - Updated Graphic Pack - 10.7.09

MOVED the FAQ to the second post

• How to customize AUM

• CHANGES to the new included 14 "patch 1.3 extra units"

• NO CHANGES to the 14 payable DLC "Elite Units of the West"

• Complete changelog of AUM

• Miscellaneous

I've updated my first post with a new "region" entry for each custom unit. The units can be recruited in this region.

Example:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    English unit name (German unit name) *** men/horses "vanilla size" / *** men/horses "Darthmod size" (region) texture by *

Line Infantry Guards (Linieninfanterie Garde) 160 men / 300 men (global)

AUM 2.3 is compatible with the new released "Darthmod 2.3", but the stats will be more balanced in AUM 2.4.

If all goes well then I will release AUM 2.4 on Wednesday.

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 2.3"

Hello to all DARTHMOD + AUM Fans,

I've updated the UPC v3.4 file that you can use AUM with other "Unit Pack Mods" together. (please look in the thread of the used mod if it's balanced to DARTHMOD)

Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) -
    updated v3.4 (13.7.09)

DOWNLOAD LINK

This means that you can play now all included "Unit Pack Mods" together. But there is a limit how many units are shown in the recruitment queue. Please read this: "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***"

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)" started by applelover.

The new updated UPC 3.4 file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:
    - AUM 2.3
    - Sharpe 1.7
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - plus earlier versions of lego
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Lordz map pack (old)

NEW included in UPC 3.4:
    Danova's "Ornamentum 1.1"
    KLA's "European Wars 1.0"
    Pollux578's "Prussian Elite Mod 1.00"
    Wolfgang von Zweibrücken's "Marines Mod 1.1b"
    EmperorBatman999's "My Units Mod 1.0.1"

"Ornamentum 1.1" for "Darthmod"[spoiler]

The creators are Danova + Ahiga + Johan217

I've created a "Darthmod" compatible version of "Ornamentum 1.1" with balanced unit size, stats, costs und upkeep.

The zip file contains the following files:

mod_ornamentum_dm.pack
    (Ornamentum 1.1 for Darthmod)

movie_ornamentum_text.pack (contains the new UPC v3.4 unit names and descriptions)

user.empire_script.txt (updated script file for Ornamentum/Darthmod)
    mod darthmod.pack;
    mod mod_ornamentum_dm.pack;

if you have AUM installed then add this too:
    mod aum_mod_dm.pack;

DOWNLOAD-LINK from the main thread of Ornamentum

Alternate download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nmoznjkrncb

Enjoy the fantastic "Ornamentum 1.1 Unit Pack Mod" with Darthmod + AUM 2.4
    Swiss Halberdier

Enjoy the fantastic "Ornamentum 1.1 Unit Pack Mod" with Darthmod 2.35 + AUM 2.3 (+ the upcoming AUM 2.4)!
    Swiss Halberdier
    "God", this is the only thing I can actually say! All my favorite modeur-texturer, include in one major big pack. Good work every single one men who as working on this!
    “Be aware that if you play this mod, you’ll be addict. Try it at your own risk!”

Quote Originally Posted by Gadadngor View Post
    "God", this is the only thing I can actually say! All my favorite modeur-texturer, include in one major big pack. Good work every single one men who as working on this!
    Thanks my AUM fan!!! There's a small "graphical preview" on my main thread on the post nr. 720.

Byzantium's Avatar Semisalis

I much appreciate the work your doing on this Swiss Halberdier
    From what i've seen both packs look fantastic.

I think i'll hang on though until 2.4 as i'm about to start a new game.

Very much looking forward to seeing the next version.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadadngor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Byzantium View Post
    I much appreciate the work your doing on this Swiss Halberdier
    From what i've seen both packs look fantastic.
    I think i'll hang on though until 2.4 as i'm about to start a new game.
    Very much looking forward to seeing the next version.
    All the best.
    Thanks to you both! Finally AUM 2.4 is released!

Hello to all DARTHMOD + AUM fans out there,

16. July 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.4 has been released
    Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.4" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - the new official patch 1.3 + 14 free units
    - "14 Elite Units of the West"

- DarthMod 2.4 / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.5 / Imperial Splendor 1.86
    - Ornamentum 1.1 unit pack by Danova, Ahiga and Johan217
    I've created a balanced version of this unit pack for Darthmod + AUM. Two other versions for APE:TI and IS will follow.

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding major Mod (DarthMod / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita / Imperial Splendor / standalone = vanilla standard ETW balanced stats)

- All language files have the new unit names and descriptions for the "14 patch 1.3 extra units" and the payable "14 Elite Units of the West" included.

- updated all language files to "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_api_ti.pack" (English APE:TI) +
    "patch_aum_ge_loc.pack" (German)

- the spanish "patch_aum_sp_loc.pack" will follow soon

- updated all unit names of several "Unit Pack Mods" together in the "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack"

The new updated UPC 3.4 file contains the descriptions and unit names of these mods:
    - AUM 2.4
    - Sharpe 1.7
    - Great Spirit 1.1
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - plus earlier versions of lego
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Lordz map pack (old)

NEW included in UPC 3.4:
    Danova's "Ornamentum 1.1"
    KLA's "European Wars 1.0"
    Pollux578's "Prussian Elite Mod 1.00"
    Wolfgang von Zweibrücken's "Marines Mod 1.1b"
    EmperorBatman999's "My Units Mod 1.0.1"

But please read this "*** UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE ***" http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

Here is the link to the "Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC)"
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?p=5188226

>>> INCLUDED these graphical enhancements for my new custom AUM units:

> included 16 new "unit icons" for my custom AUM units made by HELLFELL
    > HELLFELL made one new texture for my custom unit "Hungarian Line Infantry" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack"
    > KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL (KLA) made two new textures for my custom units "Polish Trabant Cavalry" + "Polish Pancerny Cavalry" which are included in the "aum_mod***.pack"
    > SWISS HALBERDIER = I made one new texture for my custom unit "Swiss Grenadiers" which is included in the "aum_mod***.pack" (it will be further improved)

>>> CHANGES of the models

- changed the model of the "Line Infantry Guards" to a new one made by HELLFELL
    - changed the model of the "Janissary Guards" to a new one made by HELLFELL
    - changed the model of the "Swiss Infantry" vanilla unit for the "United Provinces" to a new one made by HELLFELL
    - changed the model of the "Swiss Guards" to a new one made by KING LOUISE ASSURBANIPAL
    - changed the model of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" to a new one made by POLLUX578

- changed the model, icon and info card pictures of the "Landwehr Militia" to another "vanilla" model
    - changed the officers of several custom units to the "euro_officer2"
    - changed all "buglers" from my custom cavalry units to the same uniform like the cavalrymen wear

>>> VARIOUS changes

- changed the names of all "named" ships to "capital letters" that they are more visible in game (example: HMS Royal Sovereign > HMS ROYAL SOVEREIGN)

- removed all "Swiss Units" from the special military buildings that they are now only recruitable in the four "pleasure" buildings
    > Swiss Guards, Swiss Grenadiers, Swiss Mountain Jaegers, Swiss Pikemen

- changed the behaviour of the "Irish Rifles (Connaught Rangers)" that they are now a mixed unit like the "Fusiliers" (Line Infantry / Light Infantry)
    - the "Irish Rifles (Connaught Ranges)" are now recruitable in the military and civil buildings of Ireland

- changed the recruitment of the "Guerilla Mercenaries" that they are now recruitable globally
    - the "Grenzers" are now recruitable for the faction group "russia_poland_group" too

- decreased the unit limit for several custom units in all four versions to prevent the AI from spamming the units if it has enough money
    (read the FAQ on the second post how to remove the unit limit if you want to change that)

- decreased the experience that several units get from higher building levels

- optimized all three custom AUM "projectiles" to the related "major mod" or "vanilla"
    > shotgun > Blunderbuss Shotgunners
    > nocks_volley_gun > Royal British Marines (Nocky Volley Gun)
    > mounted_shotgun > Desert Camel Mercenaries

>>> 13 new custom units included in AUM 2.4:

> "Swiss Grenadiers - Schweizer Grenadiere"
    custom battle = late / available for the following faction groups "Austria / Britain / France / Prussia / United Provinces" in Europe / only recruitable at the four "pleasure" buildings / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "Hungarian Line Infantry - Ungarische Linieninfanterie"
    custom battle = late / only available for the Austrians in their "austria_home_regions" / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "French Douaniers - Französische Grenzer"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building "prest_france_arc_de_triomphe" / required technology "military_army_fire_by_rank"

> "French Voltigeurs - Französische Leichte Infanterie (Voltigeurs)"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special buildings of France, Prussia and Poland. / required technology "military_army_percussion_cap" / only recruitable in a Republic

> "Polish Trabant Cavalry - Polnische Trabanten Kavallerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for Poland in their "polish_home_regions" / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building of Poland / required technology "military_army_wedge_formation" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Polish Pancerny Cavalry - Polnische Pancerny Kavallerie"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for Poland in their "polish_home_regions" / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building of Poland / no required technology / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Marines (late) - Marineinfanterie (spät)"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions which have access to the normal "Marines" globally / recruitable at the latest naval admin building / required technology "military_navy_reformed_naval_administration"

> "Riflemen Scouts (Breech Loader) - Schützen/Aufklärer (Hinterlader)"
    custom battle = late / available for all major European factions in Europe / recruitable at the latest military building and the special buildings of France, Prussia and Poland / required technology "military_army_percussion_cap"

> "Desert Camel Mercenaries - Wüsten Söldner Kameltruppen"
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions in the "north_africa" region / only recruitable at the four "pleasure" buildings / no required technology
    Scare horses / custom "mounted_shotgun" projectile

> "Spanish Free Company of Catalonian - Spanische Freie Kompanie von Katalonien"
    custom battle = late / only available for the Spanish in the region "Americas" / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

> "European-Indian Light Infantry - Europäisch-Indische Leichte Infanterie"
    custom battle = late / only available for Britain, France, Spain and the United Provinces in India / recruitable at the four latest military buildings and the special building of India / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

> "18 pdr French Gribauval Field Artillery - 18-Pfünder Französische "Gribauval" Feld Artillerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in Europe / recruitable at the gunnery_school, ordnance_board and engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

> "24 pdr French Gribauval Siege Artillery - 24-Pfünder Französische "Gribauval" Belagerungs Artillerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in Europe / recruitable at the gunnery_school, ordnance_board and engineer_school / required technology "military_ordonance_explosive_shells"

>>> 5 new custom ships included in AUM 2.4:

> "British 1st Rate "HMS Royal George" - Britische 1. Klasse "HMS Royal George"
    custom battle = late / only available for the British in their "britain_home_regions" / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> "French 1st Rate "Orient" - Französische 1. Klasse "Orient"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> "French 1st Rate "Ocean" - Französische 1. Klasse "Ocean"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> "Netherlands Indiaman Amsterdam Class - Höllandischer Ost-Indienfahrer Amsterdam Klasse"
    custom battle = late / only available for the United Provinces in their "holland_home_regions" / recruitable at all docks and harbors except "fishing harbors" / required technology "military_navy_longitude_watch"

> "Heavy Privateer - Schwere Kaperfregatte"
    custom battle = late / available for all major factions globally / buildable at all military naval docks / required technology "military_navy_carronades"

My mod adds now 59 new custom units and 20 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 52 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

Comments, problems and balancing issues
    If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

As always I've updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits.

Huge +rep and thanks to all my "texture contributors" who have enhanced my AUM 2.4 with amazing textures! (especially HELLFELL)

Cheers and happy playing AUM 2.4!
    Swiss Halberdier

Please go to this link below for further discussions and comments, so that we have only one thread for the mod.

"Additional Units Mod 2.4"

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.4 - updated 16.7.09

Bloody hell mate,couldnt have timed it better

Without work from the likes of you and Darth i think my ETW would have been shelved a long time ago.

Thanks again for your continuing work,always appreciated.

Edit: Just got everything installed and ran a few custom battles.All quality settings at maximum and the results are absolutely stunning.
    The new units are fantastic and add some much needed variety - i'm gobsmacked!!

I take my hat off to you and everyone else who contributed - ETW they way it should have been.

Congrats on creating such high quality work!
    Last edited by Byzantium; July 16, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

Bloody hell mate,couldnt have timed it better

Without work from the likes of you and Darth i think my ETW would have been shelved a long time ago.

Thanks again for your continuing work,always appreciated.

Edit: Just got everything installed and ran a few custom battles.All quality settings at maximum and the results are absolutely stunning.

The new units are fantastic and add some much needed variety - i'm gobsmacked!!

I take my hat off to you and everyone else who contributed - ETW they way it should have been.

Congrats on creating such high quality work!
    Thank you very much for your kind words! I appreciate that a lot and it's a pleasure for me to enhance "Empire" with my AUM. Enjoy Darthmod 2.4 + AUM 2.4!

I realise it must be a pain in the arse to balance your mod with the other mods such as Darth's and IS etc but i do have a humble suggestion in regard to Darth's 2.4

I noticed that the Austrian/Prussian Landwehr militia units are far better than Austria's line units stat wise and are on a par with that of Prussia.On top of that they are much cheaper to recruit and maintain and have the same number of men per unit.Obviously this renders the 'professional' infantry and generic militia unit obsolete in the grand campaign,which is a shame.

Hopefully you wont take this as a criticism of this fantastic mod,it's merely a suggestion for future version's if you continue to support Darthmod.Judging by what i've seen so far i hope that's the case.

I know unit balancing must be the hardest part of what you do so i dont take lightly what you have accomplished so far and your work is always much appreciated.

All the best.

I realise it must be a pain in the arse to balance your mod with the other mods such as Darth's and IS etc but i do have a humble suggestion in regard to Darth's 2.4
    I noticed that the Austrian/Prussian Landwehr militia units are far better than Austria's line units stat wise and are on a par with that of Prussia.On top of that they are much cheaper to recruit and maintain and have the same number of men per unit.Obviously this renders the 'professional' infantry and generic militia unit obsolete in the grand campaign,which is a shame.
    Hopefully you wont take this as a criticism of this fantastic mod,it's merely a suggestion for future version's if you continue to support Darthmod.Judging by what i've seen so far i hope that's the case.
    I know unit balancing must be the hardest part of what you do so i dont take lightly what you have accomplished so far and your work is always much appreciated.
    All the best.
    Hello again Byzantium,

Yes you're right, the "balancing" of the four AUM versions is really tricky and time consuming.

And therefore I appreciate all "balancing suggestions".

I will fix that in AUM 2.5 for sure!

Unfortunately there are missing "texts" for two units in the "aum_mod_dm.pack" file.

Here is the solution:

Fix for the hidden "Polish Trabant Cavalry + Desert Camel Mercenaries" texts
    Open the downloaded "aum_mod_dm.pack" file with the "PFM"

Link to the "Pack File Manager 1.11b"

> open the "db" directory and then go to the table "
    unit_tables/aum_units". The 15th column is called "unknown". It is left to the "REGION_ID"

Please change the entry in the 15th column from
    "polish_trabant_horse_guards" to

"
    polish_trabant_cavalry"

Please change the entry in the 15th column from
    "middle_east_mercs_camelry" to

"
    desert_mercs_camelry"

Save the pack file and exit.

After that change the "texts" are shown for both units.

The new AUM 2.4 "Spanish language" file has been updated by the "Spanish Translation Team".

It is now downloadable on all AUM sites.

Cheers to all Spanish speaking AUM fans!

Der Angelsachse's Avatar Tiro

I've just "discovered" AUM. Wow. It's collosal. Thank you for all your work Swiss, especially making it DM compatible. Really appreciate it.*

Quote Originally Posted by Der Angelsachse View Post
    I've just "discovered" AUM. Wow. It's collosal. Thank you for all your work Swiss, especially making it DM compatible. Really appreciate it.*
    It certainly is
    Btw - superb sig picture Der Angelsachse.Austria = best country in the game imo

@Swiss Halberdier.

Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended

I've spent hours just playing custom battles to look at all the unit's.it just get's better!

Chuffed to bits to see you will continue to suppport Darthmod Swiss.I've played umpteen mods over the years on various TW titles and this is one of the best i've seen.Deserves pride of place in anybody's mod manager load list.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Angelsachse View Post
    I've just "discovered" AUM. Wow. It's collosal. Thank you for all your work Swiss, especially making it DM compatible. Really appreciate it.
    It certainly is
    Btw - superb sig picture Der Angelsachse.Austria = best country in the game imo
    @Swiss Halberdier.
    Thanks for taking my post in the spirit in which it was intended
    I've spent hours just playing custom battles to look at all the unit's.it just get's better!
    Chuffed to bits to see you will continue to suppport Darthmod Swiss.I've played umpteen mods over the years on various TW titles and this is one of the best i've seen.Deserves pride of place in anybody's mod manager load list.
    Hello my two big AUM-fans!

thanks for your kind words! I appreciate that a lot!

Yesterday I've tested the playability of the new Darthmod 2.5 with AUM 2.4.

As always AUM is still playable but I have to re-balance some units and costs slightly in my next AUM 2.5 release.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

When will be version for 2,5 Darthmod?

Quote Originally Posted by Wader View Post
    When will be version for 2,5 Darthmod?
    The big work is done and now I need to balance the upcoming AUM 2.5 to the new Darthmod 2.6.

Hello to all Darthmod + AUM fans,

here some important news about the Multiplayer-mode.
    AUM Multiplayer (this info is included in the FAQ on my second post)

AUM 2.4 is fully playable in Multiplayer.

Here is the official AUM Steam Group:
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AUM-Empire

It is important that you follow these instructions below that multiplayer works.

All players must have the same AUM + major mod version, otherwise Steam refuses to let you play.

Replace all entries with the red ones in your "user.empire_script.txt".

aum_mod_dm.pack is fully compatible with “DarthMod 2.6"

mod darthmod.pack;
    mod aum_mod_dm.pack;

The patch_aum_graphics.pack works in multiplayer.

Other "re-texture" + "sound" patch-files should work too.

The location of the
    "user.empire_script.txt":
    XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

VISTA C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Whenever updating/saving the "user.empire_script.txt" make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format, and is instead saved in Unicode format, or else "Empire.exe" will not read the mod pack.

Here some new preview screenshots of my shortly upcoming AUM 2.5:

Sekban Janissaries

Spanish Marines

Spanish Over 1st Rate "Real Felipe"

Russian 1st Rate "Imperatritsa Anna"

Netherlands 2nd Rate "Vrijheid"

Merchantman (armed)

Here are the preview screenshots that I've posted earlier:
    British Marines

Russian Marines (texture by HELLFELL)

Russian 1st Rate "Rostislav"

Swedish Hunters (new unit icon + info card picture by HELLFELL)

Indian Deccani Lancers

Freikorps Cavalry

French Mousquetaires de la Garde (new texture by KLA)

Cheers and enjoy Darthmod + AUM Multiplayer!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 - updated 16.7.09

Hello to all DARTHMOD + AUM fans out there,

16. August 2009 - ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 has been released

Today I released my "ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5" and it is fully compatible with the following versions:
    - official patch 1.3.1 + 14 free units + "14 Elite Units of the West"
    - DarthMod 2.6 / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita 1.0.5 / Imperial Splendor 2.0.4
    - Ornamentum 1.1 unit pack by Danova, Ahiga and Johan217

- all unit stats are balanced to the corresponding mod or vanilla (DarthMod / A Proper Empire:Terra Incognita / Imperial Splendor / standalone = vanilla standard ETW balanced stats)

- updated all language files: "patch_aum_en_loc.pack" (English) + "patch_aum_en_loc_api_ti.pack" (English APE:TI) +
    patch_aum_ge_loc.pack (German) + "patch_aum_en_loc_all.pack" (English All UPC Unit Pack Mods)

- the Spanish "patch_aum_sp_loc.pack" will follow soon

- changed all downloads from ".zip" to the optimized ".7z"

- optimized the stats, costs, upkeep, morale and training values of several custom units and ships in all four AUM versions
    - fixed the missing text entries for the "Polish Trabant Cavalry" + "Desert Camel Mercenaries"
    - fixed the cost and upkeep of the "Heavy Privateer" and the ship requires now the technology "military_navy_carronades"

- increased the ammo of all custom "Light Infantry" + "Riflemen" units
    - increased the "unit build turns" of the "Fusiliers" and "Engineers" to 2
    - decreased the "unit build turns" of the "Swiss Mountain Jaegers" to 1
    - decreased the "unit limit" of the "Swiss Pikemen" + "Spanish Tercio Pikemen" + "Guerilla Mercenaries" from 8 to 6

- the "Marines" + "Marines (late)" are now recruitable for Austria too
    - the "Marines (late)" are now recruitable in the latest naval admin building of the United Provinces too = prest_unitedprovinces_kweekschool
    - the "Hungarian Line Infantry" is now only recruitable in the region "Hungary"

- changed the required technology of the "Swiss Grenadiers" + "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" to "military_ordnance_improved_grenades"
    - changed the required technology of the "French 2nd Rate Bucentaure" to "military_navy_copper_bottoms"
    - changed the required technology of the "Euro-Indian Light Infantry" to "enlightenment_joint_stock_companies"

- replaced the textures of the "Swiss Guards" + "Royal Cuirassier Guards" + "Polish Trabant Cavalry" + "Polish Pancerny Cavalry" with updates from KLA
    - replaced the "unit card picture" of the "Line Infantry Guards" with an update from HELLFELL
    - replaced the "unit card picture" of the "Prussian Giants Grenadiers" with an update from POLLUX578
    - replaced the texture + "unit card picture" of the "Swiss Grenadiers" (unit icon will be edited later)

- introduced new "Marines Naval Crews" for 15 factions (they use several vanilla + custom AUM textures)
    Britain, France, Spain, United Provinces, Russia, Prussia, Sweden, United States, Austria, Denmark, Poland, Portugal, Ottomans, Indian (Mughal + Maratha)
    (all in-game land Marines are the same like in AUM 2.4)

>>> Darthmod – AUM version changes
    - increased the size of all custom artillery units from 4 to 6, but increased the cost and upkeep too

>>> Imperial Splendor – AUM version changes

- introduced the new combinated AUM + Imperial Splendor language file = patch_aum_en_loc_is.pack

The new fantastic „Imperial Splendour 2.0.4“ has introduced faction specific rosters. I had to re-balance my „aum_mod_is.pack“ completely.

I've made huge changes in the „unit-to-faction-relations“ tables after discussion with the "Imperial Splendour Team", that AUM fits into the unique rosters of IS.

- all custom AUM ships are included
    - removed all custom AUM artillery units, because "Imperial Splendor" has it's own very realistic and historical "Artillery System" made by "The Vicar"
    - removed all "unlocked already included vanilla units" except the five "American Auxiliary Natives" (FAQ will be updated with the AUM/IS 2.4 "activated units", that you can include the units again by yourself)

>>> 7 new custom units included in AUM 2.5:

> "French Mousquetaires de la Garde - Französische Berittene Musketier Garde“ - new texture by KLA
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building "prest_france_arc_de_triomphe" / required technology "military_army_carbines" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "French Grenadiers du Roi – Königlich Französische Grenadiere"
    custom battle = late / only available for the French in France / recruitable at the three latest military buildings and the special building "prest_france_arc_de_triomphe" / required technology "military_ordnance_improved_grenades" / "non-reinforcable" in a republic

> "Swedish Hunters - Schwedische Jäger" – new unit icon and info card picture by HELLFELL
    custom battle = late / only available for the Swedish in their "swedish_home_regions" / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / required technology "military_army_light_infantry_doctrine"

> "Spanish Regimiento de Infanteria Inmemorial del Rey – Königlich Spanisches Infanterieregiment"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the Spanish in Spain / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / no required technology

> "Indian Deccani Lancers – Indische Deccani Lanzenkavallerie"
    custom battle = late / only available for Maratha/Mughal in India / recruitable at the four latest military buildings and the special building „prest_maratha_ajinkatara" / no technology required

> "Freikorps Cavalry - Freikorps Kavallerie"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the faction groups of Prussia and Austria / recruitable at the four latest military buildings and the special building „prest_prussia_brandenburg_gate„ / no required technology

> "Sekban Janissaries – Sekban Janitscharen"
    custom battle = early/late / only available for the Ottomans in the region „middle_east“ / recruitable at the four latest military buildings / no required technology

>>> 9 new custom ships included in AUM 2.5:

> Spanish Over 1st Rate "Real Felipe" - Spanische Schwere 1. Klasse "Real Felipe"
    custom battle = late / only available for Spain in their home region / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Spanish 1st Rate "Principe de Asturias" - Spanish 1. Klasse "Principe de Asturias"
    custom battle = late / only available for Spain in their home region / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Spanish 1st Rate "Salvador del Mundo" - Spanish 1. Klasse "Salvador del Mundo"
    custom battle = late / only available for Spain in their home region / buildable only at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Russian 1st Rate "Piotr" - Russische 1. Klasse "Piotr"
    custom battle = late / only available for Russia in their home regions / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Russian 1st Rate "Imperatritsa Anna" - Russische 1. Klasse "Imperatritsa Anna"
    custom battle = late / only available for Russia in their home regions / only buildable at the steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Russian 1st Rate "Rostislav" - Russische 1. Klasse "Rostislav"

> Netherlands 2nd Rate "Vrijheid" – Holländische 2. Klasse "Vrijheid"
    custom battle = late / only available for Holland in their home region / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_improved_coppering"

> Netherlands 3rd Rate "Delft" – Holländische 3. Klasse "Delft"
    custom battle = late / only available for Holland in their home region / buildable at the drydock, naval_hospital, steam_drydock / required technology "military_navy_copper_bottoms"

> "Merchantman (armed) – Handelsschiff (bewaffnet)"
    custom battle = early/late / available for all major factions globally / recruitable at all trading harbors / no required technology

*** If you have downloaded the optional "Graphics Pack 1.4" released on the 10.7.09, then you don't need to download it again. ***

My mod adds now 66 new custom units and 29 new custom ships to ETW. There are other 51 units from "vanilla" which can now be recruited by other factions too.

AUM Multiplayer

AUM is fully playable in Multiplayer.

AUM Steam Group
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AUM-Empire

It is important that you follow these instructions below that multiplayer works.

All players must have the same AUM + major mod version, otherwise Steam refuses to let you play.

Replace all entries with the red ones in your "user.empire_script.txt".

aum_mod_dm.pack is fully compatible with “DarthMod 2.6"

mod darthmod.pack;
    mod aum_mod_dm.pack;

The patch_aum_graphics.pack works in multiplayer.

Other "re-texture" + "sound" patch-files should work too.

The location of the
    "user.empire_script.txt":
    XP C:\Documents and Settings\(Your User Name Here)\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

VISTA C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Whenever updating/saving the "user.empire_script.txt" make sure that the file is not being saved in ANSI format, and is instead saved in Unicode format, or else "Empire.exe" will not read the mod pack.

UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE
    As you probably know there is a "Unit Limit UI" problem. I've started these two threads about this issue.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...ENT-QUEUE.html

There is absolutely no comment at all from CA until now.

If CA doesn't fix this problem, then all "Unit Pack mods" have really a problem to be played together and some units are missing in the recruitment queue.

If you have an account on the official "CA YUKU" forum, then please post your opinion and thoughts about this problem on their site.

Please do this favor for the community, that CA recognizes this problem and releases a fix in an upcoming patch hopefully.

Comments, problems and balancing issues
    If you have any comments or problems you can give me feedback here in this thread.

Please write which AUM "mod-version" and "language" file do you use.

If you see any major balancing problem please report your used version and give me some feedback.

As always I've updated the first post with all new information about the recruitment of the new units and changed the credits. The FAQ on the second post is updated too.

Cheers and happy playing AUM 2.5!
    Swiss Halberdier

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 - updated 16.8.09

Thanks very much indeed sir much appreciated. I have just reinstalled now that your units are balanced for 2.6.

IZ-Master's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 2.5 - updated 16.8.09

question ? the new units are added to mayor factions or i can play as a minor faction and still able to use them ^^ ? not sure if I read something about it ^^

Stainless Steel Beta Tester Version 6.0->6.1
    DarthMod 1.4 D: The Last Episode Beta Tester