Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 for Darthmod - updated 14.3.18

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.0 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 + 1.3 for Darthmod

you normally need the improved coppering tech., but don't worry they won't be afloat long when HMS Neptune, Victory etc. get hold of them
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.0 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 + 1.3 for Darthmod

Quote Originally Posted by Pizza de Oveja View Post
    Excellent mod!
    I just installed DMUC_AUM_Switcher_v2_0 and my previous russian campaing is loading perfectly. However I dont see those cool russian megaships with fancy names that I though I would be able to build only when I had a steamship port. Now that I finally have it I cant build them so what do you need to build those mega battleships???
    I have it switched on full mod.
    best!
    Hello PdO, here is the information from my first post.

Russian 1st Rate "Piotr"
    late / available for Russia in their russian_home_regions /
    steam_drydock
    military_navy_improved_coppering

Russian 1st Rate "Imperatritsa Anna"
    steam_drydock

Russian 1st Rate "Rostislav"
    steam_drydock

Hello to all DARTHMOD, AUM and UPC users,

today I released the UPC 5.7 English and UPC 2.1 German.

New in UPC 5.7 English

Origin's "Units Mod 1.1"
    Continents in Conflict 0.4 beta
    New historical names from ISABELXXX
    Several unit names from POM

New in UPC 2.1 German

Origin's "Units Mod 1.1"

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v5_7.7z

unit_pack_compatibility_project_v2_1_german.7z

I decided together with
    applelover that I should create a new thread. Then I can update the first post more regularly.

Here is the new thread. Please go to this thread below if you have any comments.

Unit Pack Compatibility Project (UPC) 5.7 English - 2.1 German

Thanks a lot and cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

xtra big thx for your quick reply!
    But how can rusia have a home region with a port???
    When the game starts it doesnt have any so any new port will be in ex sweeden territory or in ex-daggestan (was that the country?)

Quote Originally Posted by hammeredalways View Post
    you normally need the improved coppering tech., but don't worry they won't be afloat long when HMS Neptune, Victory etc. get hold of them
    hammeredalways you incombustible brit!
    We need to play trafalgar one of these days with the cool drop in battle funtion! hopefully when my new computer arrives next week...I'll need all the cpu power I can get to see the splendid broadsides of the santisima trinidad and you'll need buckets to pick up all the raining shrapnel !

EDIT:
    Ta ta! off I go to scort my glorious trade fleet over northern scotland...I dont know what costs more, my huge scort fleet or the sure chance of being raided by brit free traders if the trade ships go unscorted full of marevelous ivory much needed for the tsar's glorious thousand w.c. 's at the winter palace But now that I think of it, as I would end up in the otto front if the ivory is "lost" at sea... Well under this new light I think that the costs of the scort is quite justified and proper .
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 10, 2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Double post.

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

that would be though when the Santisima Trinidad sinks under the salvoes of the Royal Navy (pirates indeed) don't tell Isabelxxx........, though I may just board her and turn her into a floating flower pot as a warning to all who defy us
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

This might seem like a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway

How do I know AUM is activated? I've installed the latest version of DarthMod and have not yet tried any campaigns. When I go to a sample skirmish battle, there don't seem to be new AUM units available. I'm going through the DMUC launcher and activated AUM using the script method.

Thanks,

J

ok the easist check in the building browser of your capital city, click on the last military building (will be grey out as likely not built yet) and you will have a list of units - AUM units to look for Marines, Lancer Guards etc.

EDIT:
    same check in custom battle go to GB and check to see if there are any marine units available, also what is your infantry 70 or 110
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 10, 2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Double post.

Icon5 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 3.0 - ORNAMENTUM 1.1 + 1.2 + 1.3 for Darthmod

Quote Originally Posted by hammeredalways View Post
    ok the easist check in the building browser of your capital city, click on the last military building (will be grey out as likely not built yet) and you will have a list of units - AUM units to look for Marines, Lancer Guards etc.

EDIT:
    same check in custom battle go to GB and check to see if there are any marine units available, also what is your infantry 70 or 110
    Thanks Hammered,

I got it working with the Mod Launcher. However, I can't seem to be able to get any of the AUM units in the Ultimate Campaign mode using the DMUC launcher. I'd like to utilize the 4 turns per year feature along with the additional units but they don't seem to be appearing, at least in the skirmish mode (as opposed to when I use mod launcher). I tried to edit the script file from the DMUC launcher to include AUM but I get a CTD every time.

Is there a fix or a way around this?

Hi John_Chrichton - simplest think would be to do a script reset in the DMUC main menu under options, advance diagnostics -(enable them) reset user scripts.

In custom battle check the British for say the Scotish 42.reg Grenadier http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=309833 image can be found here

if they are there then you have the basic AUM installed (Ornamentum units only) then use the switcher to activate full AUM and check that you have Marines recruitable in a custom battle with the Brits.

hopefully that should fix you

kaasbris's Avatar Civis

Anyone can help me about difference between default, lite and complete of DMUC_AUM_Switcher_v21?
    I read brief description on download page, but cannot really understand it as I am newbie on DMUC.

According to AUM_units_to_factions_relations.txt, units breaks into 3 parts:

1) units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions_tables/aum_units_to_exclusive_faction_permissions
    2) units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables/aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions
    3) These units below are the "unlocked" vanilla units for other factions

It seems 1) is default, 1) + 2) is lite, 1) + 2) + 3) is complete version, right?

Also, I am sure it also applies to AI as well, but please confirm.
    And if so, I fear there will be a chance AI armies form somewhat weird force of units (i.e. Turkish Army consisting Norwegian Ski Troops)!
    Last edited by kaasbris; March 16, 2010 at 07:20 AM.

Hi kaasbris - you are correct, default is basicaly the Ornamentum units by Danova, option 2 adds some additional units, option 3 is the full AUM with all units.

The units are availble to both you and the AI, I have not seen Ski Troops in Turkey (yet) but as you if you take a look at the three tables you mention you should be able to see what units can be recruited, and by whom.

If you have not already downloaded try the DB Editor 1.8 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=280329, and take a quick look at some of the great tutorials (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238847) the if you have any anomalies you don't like you can edit easily

If you need anything else just ask

kaasbris's Avatar Civis

hammeredalways, wow, thanks for quick & kind answers.
    I used to edit for fun, but I found it quite addictive, you know...I happened to spend time editing more than playing!

Hi kassbris - no probs and thanks, I know what you mean I am always tinkering as well

Hi there hammeredalways my mate & incombustible brit!
    Yesterday I finally ended the much inglorious brit blockade of my port in the black sea...
    It took me one heavy, one admiral and one excellent AUM mighty rusian ship all of them first rates! to kick those brits butts(I think it was a second an a fourth rate or somethin')...

The ba*%&&/@$s almost sunk one of my glorious first rates and seriously damage the other two...which either proves the supperiority sea skillz of the sons of Albion or my total incompetence as an admiral...OR most probably both!

Luckily for me, Im the glorious Tsar of all them russias after all, and being the top dog has its advantages in times of royal screw ups...this one hardly being an exception, I think I will blame a subordinate I didnt listen to, have him walk the plank and declare it a glorious triumph in the streets of moskow...

Still looking forward to kickin' your sorry %$&$ in Trafalgar! Well have to wait until darth gloriously mod napoleon or you'll have an easy excuse and blame vainilla for having the victory towed to Cadiz with Nelson in chains! oh! that will be the day

Ps.
    Until then, have a look at my textbook copy of the glorious nelson attack plan...them Norweians never knew what hit them!buwahahahaha
    Nelsonian Tactics Das-wee-danie style

Dont ofuscate yourself! It's pointless to resist . . .

Really great mod guys, love Your units!

Hi Pizza de Oveja my worthy foe from the east it is good that the bear has finally managed to loosen the chains, or is just a cunning plan to lure you out..... if only the French would do something over than let the splinters grow up their a..e in port

I look forward to the day when the Dark Lord reinvigorated from his rest allows me the platform in NTW to demonstrate the superiority of the glorious Royal Navy over all who stand in her path and once again set up the destruction of the combined French & Spanish fleets at the glorious battle of Trafalgar.

Until then oh worthy foe from the east you may rest easily as I am currently engadged in bringing freedom to the glorious greeks so that once again the sons of Sparta will walk free from oppression and re-take their place amongst the greater powers, though once we have fixed the Ottomans you my sleep less comfortable as we hear the caviar in the crimea is wonderful and we intend to have it for our own as it will sit well with the other delights in Athens........

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Not to mention the fact that I, and my 25,000 redcoats, wish to find accomodation at Inkerman this year...and we do not wish to pay the rent.

Yes Pizza de Oveja as my erstwhile brit Tango says we suggest you wear the balaclava to use to run and hide, and their will be no repeat of the Charge of the Light Brigade this time, we will even lend you Florence to tend your dead and dying - chill the champagne we will be there soon................

OK i have a dumb question.

I'm running the darth mod 5.5 can you tell what the purpose of this mod is?

I see you add more units but are these actually anything different that is not already included in original darth mod.

Or is it that it unlocks units so you can use other nations units

Hi rcoughtrey - yes the AUM MOD adds a number of new units from both Swiss and with Danova's Ornamentum units. In addition a number of units have been given wider availability/unlocked or have actually been made available. Whilst the DMUc includes some units and options for them all the Darthmod does not.

Cheers for that.

I will looking at updating tonight to check the new treats.

Thx