Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Asia: Deciphering the Zodiac (In Alpha Stages)

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Default Re: Asia: Deciphering the Zodiac (Focus on Qing Dynasty)

Good to see you back TZH

And shi is right....Asian mods must stick together

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

James the Red's Avatar Campidoctor

Will minor factions be playable? Cause I would like to play as Thailand or Ainu!

-For everyone:

Please check my map, I updated it a little bit.

I also have added rebel factions into "Starting Factions"

Those rebels listed are rebels that are AGAINST the starting faction that the region belongs to. If you get more rebels, tell me.

Also, if you think I should divide my regions up further, inform me. If you see anything about my map, tell me. ^_^ Thanks bunches.

-James the Red:

You make me sad mate! lol, read the starting factions. Everything you see there is playable, except the rebels and emergent. Once the base major/minor factions are complete, I will then work on making rebel/emergent playable if that is an option.

Thailand is Siam and it's a major faction. *_*
    Ainu is a rebel faction in Hokkaido, who will rebel whenever they are unhappy with Japanese rule.

As of now, I don't know about making rebels playable (there are some mods for playable rebels, but they make the game historically inaccurate).
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; August 13, 2009 at 02:58 AM.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu the Kitsune View Post
    Good to see you back TZH

And shi is right....Asian mods must stick together
    lil, we asians gotta stick together like rice, preferably sweet rice lol

great work though lads. I'll read over the Tokugawa shogunate later tonight

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Any possibilities of a potent New Spain faction via Luzon? I can easily imagine spanish troops with tricorne hats now making a landing around other Asian coasts, not to mention galleons against there ships.

Speaking of ships, that does pose a problem.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

That is already one of my intentions. Check out the political map and regions section. And ships... Don't even get me STARTED. Europe is gonna steamroll the Asiatic seas. -_-

Meng's Avatar Civis

Hi iam new on this forum and in the Empire Total War game( i will buy it very soon, in 2 weeks i think) and i really like this mod, iam myself half asian and it would be a great idea to have all the asian continent and not only India. You did a great work on the research for all factions but i would like to help you on that. Iam very interested in Asia history and i know things about it so i would be please to help you. I really hope this mod will be finish soon

Meng

PS: Sorry for my bad english ^^

Meng's Avatar Civis

Thank you Meng. I did already have an archive of flags. I had to recreate some of them in Paint, but the overall design is the same.

I will add you to MSN, thanks.

Update!

Check out the Starting Factions to see the nation flags. If anyone has anything to say about them, just say it and I will hear you out.
    If you can find Army/Navy flags that'd be great too.

As always, keep an eye on stats/figures for nations and units, I regularly update them. The map hasn't been updated since last post, but I will sometime soon.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; August 15, 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Werent the Sulu Sultanate and the Mindanao Sultanate in an alliance? Perhaps u should make them 1 faction (Sulu-Mindanao Sultanate) and use the Sulu flag, this would help reduce the total number of factions and itd give them a better chance against New Spain

Meng's Avatar Civis

Yes i agree with Pazu Mindanao and Sulu where "brother" sultanates, instead i would put Dayak tribes too. In the center of Borneo and they would be Animist in their religion.

For the Qing army flag you can simply use the banner color system the manchu did for the chinese army at the time i think it would be great. And for the navy you can use the arms of the Qing dynasty :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ar...ng_Dynasty.svg

I didnt find Army and Naval flag of Ayutthaya kingdom but i find the one of Siam kingdom of the late 19th century : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Th...hong_Chan).svg , and army flag of early 20 century : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wa...I-Obverse).svg

Naval and Army flag of Brunei :
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Na..._of_Brunei.svg , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Wa..._of_Brunei.svg

A Burmese flag that you can use for an army flag: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fl...1853-1876).svg

I will find others soon

Sulu and Maguindanao weren't allied until 1703, but I could make them one group... If I did that, should I make it a Brunei-Sulu-Maguindanao faction? Or should I just leave em be and make em historically accurate? I was thinking... That if I left Maguindanao as is, I would make it so that there would be alot of internal strife at Mindanao (which is still true today). As for the Dayak, they had no official city until 1771, but after reading alot about them, I want to put them in as rebels for sure. They are like the native americans of the east.

EDIT: Alright! I am starting to make the main post a little more easier to navigate. Also, going to start alphabetizing spoiler sections.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; August 16, 2009 at 03:11 AM.

Meng's Avatar Civis

Yes i forget for the Dayak citys they where some tribes in the jungle doing headhunting and did only have little villages but i do think they would be great as a rebel faction.

For the Sulu-Mindanao sultanate it would be very good but do not include Brunei in , they were powerful at the time and i think they werent fighting the same colonial ennemy (Spain) and they were different but allies.

For the Sulu-Mindanao flag just keep the one of Sulu he is great ^^

ilike the direction this mod is taking- eacyof the Asian mods were looking promising and by combining them all you're going to make a great mod:0
    +REP
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

More reorganization of factions.
    More stat changes.

Sulu-Maguindanao Allied Sultanate formed. (Maguindanao sultans will serve as ministers in Sulu)
    -Maguindanao Rebels added.
    Lan Xang Federation formed. (Vientiane nominated as Lan Xang, Luang Prabang and Champasack kings will serve as ministers in Lan Xang)

Next will be economy/income/happiness/towns for each region.

Need troop list for Laos. Help?

EDIT: Also need help on the Vietnamese lists and almost all navy lists. If you can, link me to sources please.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; August 20, 2009 at 02:59 AM.

Tan, Laos was split into 3 kingdoms during this time, although if you want to cut back on the number of factions then id change the name of the 'Federation of Lan Xang' to 'Kingdom of Vientaine', which was the most influential of the 3 factions.

As for the unit roster, it might look something like this, although its rather shoddy and needs polishing:

Armed Citizenry:
    Sword Armed Citizenry(Armed Citizenry)(Peasants armed with swords, weak, non-recruitable)

Melee:
    Vientaine Peasants(Mob)(Peasants armed with machetes (or equivalent), weak, uncommon, cheap)
    Vientaine Militia(Militia)(Militia armed with swords and shields and given little training, above weak, rather common, cheap)
    Vientaine Swordsmen(Melee Infantry)(light swordsmen with sheilds, moderate, common, rather cheap)
    Vientaine Spearmen(Melee Infantry)(light spearmen with shields, moderate, rather common, rather cheap)
    Montagnard Swordsmen

Missile:
    Vientaine Peasant Archers(Mob)(Peasants armed with bows, weak, uncommon, cheap)
    Vientaine Archers(Skirmishers)(Men trained well and armed with bows, moderate, rather common, rather cheap)
    Vientaine Crossbows(Skirmishers)(Men armed with crossbows, moderate, common, rather cheap)
    Vientaine Gunners(Skirmishers)(Men armed with arquebuses, moderate, rather common, rather expensive)
    Vientaine Elite Gunners
    Vientaine Elite Crossbows(Elite Infantry)(Elite Infantry armed with crossbows, good morale, elite, uncommon, expensive)
    Vientaine Musketeers(wont appear until about 1750)(Skirmishers)(Men armed with muskets, moderate, uncommon, expensive)
    Vientaine Light Infantry(wont appear until about 1750)
    Montagnard Archers
    Montagnard Hunters(Begin using crossbows around 1750)(Irregulars)(Hunters armed with bows and arrows, good stamina, good at hiding, can remain hidden whilst walking, above moderate, rather rare, expensive)

Cavalry:
    Vientaine Cavalry(Light Cavalry)(chinese horses, riders armed with swords, moderate, rare, rather expensive)
    Vientaine Mounted Crossbowmen(Missile Cavalry)
    Vientaine Elephants(Elephants)(unarmoured elephants, riders use longspears, elite, very uncommon, expensive)
    Vientaine Elephant Crossbowmen(Elephants)(Riders armed with crossbows, elite, rare, expensive)
    Vientaine Elephant Musketeers(wont appear until around 1750)

Artillery:
    Jingal Guns(Artillery)(weak, common, rather cheap)
    Siamese Light Cannon(Artillery)(Siamese light cannon, moderate, uncommon, rather cheap)
    Siamese Medium Cannon(Artillery)
    Siamese Heavy Cannon(wont appear until around 1750)
    Falconet(Artillery)(european light cannon, moderate, uncommon, rather cheap)
    Demi Culverin(Artillery)(wont appear until around 1750)
    Remember that unlike Cambodia, Laos is covered with mountains and is landlocked. The people who live in the mountains were called 'Montagnards' by the French. Many people did and still make their living through hunting. Laos has sufficient horses and crossbowmen in their armies, something Cambodian armies of the time lacked(although Oudongk kingdom should have cheaper and better melee infantry and possibly better elephants).

You may also want to consider including the Anuwong Rebellion in your mod, which started in the 1820s.

Meng's Avatar Civis

Yes Pazu there was as i remember 3 kingdoms at the time but what was Lan Xang federation sorry as i know there was Kingdom of Laos but i didnt remember of the Lan Xang federation ^^

Anyway TZH good work again if you need help for the towns i can help you
    Last edited by Meng; August 21, 2009 at 10:13 AM.

The Lan Xang Federation was very prominent Laotian kingdom before the Empire TW timeframe. It was started by a Lao General and Prince named Fa Gnum, who was trained in the Khmer Empires armies. He raised his armies and tightened control over the territory that is now Laos and Lao-speaking area of Thailand in the name of the Khmer King around the 1350s. However, this area was now controlled by Laotians, not Khmer. Due to political stupidities on the behalf of the Khmer, the Lao territories seded from the Khmer Empire after Fa Gnums death and became the independant Lao kingdom of Lan Xang. In the 1470s the Emporer of Vietnam sent a half-million strong army to try to conquer Laos, but was ultimately defeated.

Many consider the 15th and 16th centurys as the 'Golden Age' of Laos. However, starting in 1694 and ending around 1707, a series of rival pretenders to the throne led to the collapse of the Federation of Lan Xang, and the formation of the Three Kingdoms, the Kingdom of Vientaine, the Kingdom of Luang Phrabang, and the Kingdom of Champassak, in order of influence. The period that Empire TW spans is considered the 'Dark Age' for Laos and Cambodia, both of them effectively acting as mere battlegrounds between the Siamese and Vietnamese.

At 1700 Laos was effectively split into the 3 kingdoms, the King of the Federation of Lan Xang merely a figurehead, with all 3 kingdoms running themselves....this is why i propose you replacing 'The Federation of Lan Xang' with 'The Kingdom of Laos'
    In 1707 the Royal Family was either exiled or killed, which can be represented in a pop-up message, should u wish

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess the moderators cannot add posts to the bottom of my 1st post. I will try my best to update the 1st topic and keep it organized.
    Last edited by Tan Zhi Han; October 12, 2009 at 12:11 AM.

Shopperkimpy's Avatar Civis

Pic from "กระบวนพยุหยาตราเพ็ชรพวง" during King Narai reign late 17 century

source : http://www.bloggang.com/mainblog.php...roup=1&gblog=5

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Krom Asa Cham

Krom Asa Yipun

Royal guard

Royal guard

Servant

high rank officer or maybe someone in Elephant Corp

Waterman in Royal Barque Procession

thank to : pantip.com

royal police corp