Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mod UNCONQUERED

Default Mod UNCONQUERED

ready at the Download section Empire/Minor Mod:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2398

This Mod enables the Native American Indians & the Pirate faction to be playable in the Campaign as well as in custom battles
    2 New units : indians : Mounted Archer and Medecin man elite
    Complete Retextured indian faction
    Boot screen changed + all Loading screens changed
    Music main menu changed : traditional Cree war dance
    Back ground film changed

Presentation:

EDIT
    to play the Native American Indians & the Pirate in CAMPAIGN game
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1JY9SRAW
    extract the startpos.esf inside C:\Program Files\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main

Ps : Compatible with the darth Mod Commander edition ; (...)
    Last edited by kungfuserge; April 28, 2009 at 12:02 PM.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Mod UNCONQUERED

Nice work!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Sounds like you're the saviour, Kungfuserge! The Native Americans are the most neglected nations in the game, as CA made them all carbon copies of each other (more so than the Europeans), and I had set my mind to changing that once I got to know how to reskin and remodel the units, if the necessary tools became available to me. But now you seem to have taken that work off my shoulders. That's worth some rep before even seeing the result

I'm too eager to wait until finding out in the campaign: have you reskinned all Native American nations?
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 28, 2009 at 12:29 PM.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Thanks ; I wish I could open those .mesh files so , I could do a better job working with the 3d files

Yes, it would be great to give the "Plains Nation" (the Dakota or Sioux) some braids, the Iroquois some "gustoweh" headdresses etc. But I guess we'll have to wait months before CA releases the tools for that.

But things improve with your mod. I've tested it a little now, and it looks very promising!

Just one thing: the skin of the natives look too red and unnatural for me. Care to tone it down a bit, and make it more in line with the pics you've posted in the OP? You know, even if they were called "redskins" by some white people, and some Indian nations did have a copper tone in their skin, it varied a lot among the many different native peoples, from rather dark brown to quite fair.
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

I will do the plain nation (Lakota) as soon as I have the means to open those "modified.mesh" .....Apparently those files are protected by CA and untill now no one has found a way to convert them into ms3d ...too bad; I would have enjoyed doing this . I have previously made a Mod for the 4 kingdoms called Lakota Mod Campaign also Blue coats playable in custom battles see in the TWC download section under Mini Mod and I didn't had that trouble .
    It would be useless to work on Textures with the same skeleton mesh as the Huron, ... It's already not so real to have the Iroquoi and the Cherokee looking the same ( with no hairs at all ...this is a big mistake ) don't forget to download the startpos.esf if you plan to play the natives in Campaign game .
    About the colour , I will work on it ; Which skin color do you think is better the Archers or the Medecin man ?

Look at the first picture in your OP, Kungfuserge. The skin of those warriors is light brown with a tint of copper. See if you can reproduce that colour for your units, that would be great

Yes, the proper term for the Plains Nation should be the Lakota, since this is the Teton (western or Plains division) dialect name for themselves, Dakota being the Santee (eastern or Forest division) dialect, and Nakota the Yankton/Assiniboin (central division) dialect.

Didn't know about your M2TW mod. Will check it out...

I'm a little confuse about changing the colors ....
    speaking about the Units (not the loading screens) Pictures N°5 it is the same dds as N°3 and the picture hasn't got the same tune when I make a screen -n° 3 looks too orange & n° 5 seems OK ? what do you think ? ....Maybe I shot the screen of n°3 with the Sun at horizon
    I know I had to change contrast & light + gamma ....
    -n°1 & n°2 & n°4 shares the same dds more like dark cooper
    I will make a shot of the dds and post later here ...

So these are the Native dds I use

Compared to the pic below, I'm afraid the human skin part of all your textures (DDS files) look too orange, bright (kind-of "fluorescent") and somewhat "watery" on my screen
    Last edited by Demokritos; April 29, 2009 at 12:57 PM.

Ok I will Retexture the Brighter dds

what do you think of this change

Last edited by kungfuserge; April 30, 2009 at 05:26 AM.

Colour Almost like in this painting ; no?

Maybe this one is better ?

The colour in post #11 is definitely better than those first released! I would actually settle for that as one variant. Not sure about post #13. But why don't you try a more light brownish - less reddish - approach, too, like the complexion of the warriors in post #12?

To update the pack I've been doing 1 new Pirate unit Pistol + sabre

Working Ok , but I want to change their texture by creating a new ---diffude.dds ....I don't know yet if it's possible ....
    It should be ready with new textures in few days

Maybe this one is better ?
    I have made them very mean , can throw grenades ; climb and very accurate when shooting , with those I think you can challenge All main countries and conquer the world

they Remind me Sandokan & the Malaysian Pirate

UPDATED 04/05/2009
    (for tonight ; just give me the time to Upload the archive 188 mo on filefront)

- 2 Indian Textures updated ( still working on this .....futur updates)

- Possibility to make only 1 Unit containing 1 soldier fighting - Duel Mod - (the only restriction is that they can fight with hand weapons ; no fire guns ....
    2 units (experimental) created 1 Pirate called "Baba the African"( officer of the new Malay Pistol Pirates band see foto on previous post) & "Magua the Huron" (horse rider) in the HURON faction ..... so you can try the duel fight
    2 new unit in the Pirate faction called buccaneers pistol man (can fire with hand guns) & Pirate Fixed Rocket unit

Last edited by kungfuserge; May 04, 2009 at 07:39 AM.

Nice work, i tried a little mod awhile ago where i gave Pirates and Clansmen Pistols http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...57#post4907257, good to see someone else (less lazy than me hehe) has had the same idea and put em into a mod.

On pistols for Pirates etc i was trying to make em a use before charge kind of weapon like the RTW Legionaires Pilum, but only had limited success, what i thought might work is set there ammo to zero, so they get one blast before they close. But perhaps you were looking for a different type of troop.
    Last edited by Dogmeat; May 04, 2009 at 11:45 AM.

I see .... you were thinking make them fire ( 1 shot) and than charge .....with the sabre , I didn't try that yet ; I make them reload ; but as the pistol reloading is obviously absent or not working ( with all I've tried) from the Animation I had no choice that using some kind of " musket reloading" I guess is what is called in the game Breech reloading ( Which I don't trust as a breech) ....So I know my reloading is not accurate .
    Did your guys were reloading their Pistol with a proper Animation ?

My big discover was to find out the Man to man engagement , this open perspective of challenge between factions

Na i cdnt get a proper pistol reload animation either, i was using like you the musket reload animation. I think there isnt a proper animation yet for reloading pistols (unless last patch changed things) but maybe one of the other warscape theme reload animations may be suitable, blunderbuss etc.

Seems like there is alot of possibilites in swapping different weapons/animations for different models, but trial an error is the only way to see if they work or crash.

Quixote's mod Imperial Splendor has Generals who can dismount and have pistols, not sure if they have a reload animation but.

Keeps up the good work if i make any discoveries il post em here, mods are a co op kinda thang hehe.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast