Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.5 - sixteen of your favourite Sharpe units

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar11111 View Post
    I had something strange happen.
    I was using them in my game. 1 of 1 as they are :- when a situation occured where I was defending a siege elsewhere.
    As if by magic up popped a second Fredrickson and Girdwood, like they are alternative mob.
    Far Out !
    Funny... Whenever I play as the Chosen Men in a siege, they 'retreat'... Meaning that the unit card turns like the retreating unit cards from the trailers rather than the game.. and they don't move. If they're on the wall, they stand on the wall shooting nothing, killing nothing, just standing there.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Default Re: Update 16/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.5 - sixteen of your favourite Sharpe units

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Funny... Whenever I play as the Chosen Men in a siege, they 'retreat'... Meaning that the unit card turns like the retreating unit cards from the trailers rather than the game.. and they don't move. If they're on the wall, they stand on the wall shooting nothing, killing nothing, just standing there.
    I can definitely say that these freaky bugs are beyond my current skill levels. I will ask around and see what I can find out. Perhaps I need to add some other sub-folders to the patch. Thanks for the heads up guys.

Appleover how do i install your Sharpe mod?
    I have placed the sharpes rifles mod into my text file and have also put both the sharpesv1.5 pack and the patch_aum_loc_all in my data folder too. What am i missing? any help is appreciated.
    Keep up the good work guys

KozCDVI, I too am unsure about this, although I think it could be something to do with the morale level. - See first page of thread, chosen men have 100 morale.
    A little high. It could cause the system to trip out when they have such a large number of troops against them.

If this is not, then I am afraid I am a mistified as you are.

Rusty.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Quote Originally Posted by Rsty Bloodnok View Post
    KozCDVI, I too am unsure about this, although I think it could be something to do with the morale level. - See first page of thread, chosen men have 100 morale.
    A little high. It could cause the system to trip out when they have such a large number of troops against them.

Rusty.

It matters little. I was just trying to redo those constant Sharpe sieges... with the Chosen Men and the South Essex vs hordes of Frenchies...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by GatlingGun View Post
    Appleover how do i install your Sharpe mod?
    I have placed the sharpes rifles mod into my text file and have also put both the sharpesv1.5 pack and the patch_aum_loc_all in my data folder too. What am i missing? any help is appreciated.
    Keep up the good work guys
    - Put sharpes rifles and loc file into the data folder.
    - If you are using LT chambers mod manager open it with this
    - If you are not then open the user.empire_script file in C/users/your profile/AppData/roaming/the creative assembly/empire/scripts
    - add this line - mod "sharpes rifles v1.5.pack";

Hey presto the mod should work. I would always advocate the use of mod manager as it saves you having to go to the bother of adding lines everytime you use a mod.

trafalgar11111's Avatar Foederatus

Rusty.
    Try this I,ve calmed them down a bit.

Try this I,ve calmed them down a bit.

I change my unit stats all over the place. I think a similar bug occured for my friend (playing at my PC) when he had grenadiers on the wall... just normal unmodded grenadiers.

- Ramsay Snow

Daneboy's Avatar Senator

WOW!!!

SWEET!!

I love Sharpe´s. This is just to funny.

I will be adding what maybe the final eight units and releasing v1.6 hopefully by monday. After that I will be concentrating on new textures for the units currently using defaults textures and finally getting to grips with adding audio.

Might I suggest the Italian Swiss Guard who assisted Ducaus in "Sharpes Revenge". The ones who Sold their Souls for a piece of Gold, fired from the Grasshopper Gun.

Apple Lover.

Unsure if you have done this already

The Volley gun that I have used would work well for a harper. You are more than welcome to use it.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

Pessimism is a term used by Optimists, to attempt to discredit those who see the world as it really is!

Apple Lover.

The Volley gun that I have used would work well for a harper. You are more than welcome to use it.
    It's a good Wpn for Pirates too.

Might I suggest the Italian Swiss Guard who assisted Ducaus in "Sharpes Revenge". The ones who Sold their Souls for a piece of Gold, fired from the Grasshopper Gun.
    yep, they will be in there as Ducos couldn't possibly be ommitted

Apple Lover.

Thanking you kindly sir, I'm on it

Trafalgar.

No pirates would have had an official version of the Volley gun.

Only ~360 were ever made thus they were too few for pirates to get hold of.

That and the only way to do that would be to make all pirate marines on board every pirate vessel have this weapon. there is no way to create a type for one particular boat, it is either all or none.

That was why for the mod that I made you were only allowed two of the units (120+120=240 with some for spare)

Applelover.

There are some problems giving an officer a custom weapon.
    I tried to create a harper myself.
    he works fine although he only fires pistol balls and does not reload, because he will only ever be in the officer slot that redefines everything else. I.E. he will fire normally, but only 1 bullet will come out
    and he will then not reload (as an officer does).

Also
    I am getting the info to make a new model of the Volley gun and of the Baker (if possible) so that it will look better! I have used the latter so I know what it is like!

If I can find a way round I will help out more.

Rusty.

ALSO DEVELOPERS CAMERA

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: My first ever mod: Sharpe - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Any reason why Prince William of Orange cavalry look like the Blue Man Group?

Trafalgar.

No pirates would have had an official version of the Volley gun.

Only ~360 were ever made thus they were too few for pirates to get hold of.

That and the only way to do that would be to make all pirate marines on board every pirate vessel have this weapon. there is no way to create a type for one particular boat, it is either all or none.

That was why for the mod that I made you were only allowed two of the units (120+120=240 with some for spare)

Applelover.

There are some problems giving an officer a custom weapon.
    I tried to create a harper myself.
    he works fine although he only fires pistol balls and does not reload, because he will only ever be in the officer slot that redefines everything else. I.E. he will fire normally, but only 1 bullet will come out
    and he will then not reload (as an officer does).

Also
    I am getting the info to make a new model of the Volley gun and of the Baker (if possible) so that it will look better! I have used the latter so I know what it is like!

If I can find a way round I will help out more.

Rusty.
    I Live near Nottingham Castle I feel like A trip there. They've got loads of stuff in the W.F.R. Regtl Museum section. I've been before. Next time I might understand something I previously saw. It's all a retrospective learning process. Thank you for your info.

Default Re: Update 25/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.6 - twenty four of your favourite Sharpe units

Update 1.6 adds the following units

- Raj Khande Roa's rocket troop
    - General Burrough's 3rd army infantry
    - Major Stokes 3rd army cannon
    - Captain Singh's 3rd army lancers
    - Colonel Gudin's cavalry
    - Major Vivar's Guerillas
    - General Dodd's infantry
    - Major Ducos' Elite Swiss Guards

I may well be adding four more units, but I will now be concentrating on custom textures for all of the units and adding audio

hope you enjoy the additions

applelover

Default Re: Update 25/5/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.6 - twenty four of your favourite Sharpe units

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post
    I may well be adding four more units, but I will now be concentrating on custom textures for all of the units and adding audio

hope you enjoy the additions
    applelover
    Great! A new release of SHARPE with more units!

Your units create an unique "Sharpe" atmosphere! Awesome!