Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.3 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers,60th rifles plus new royal irish company and wolf brigade inf/cal updated 4/5/09

CAN I USE THIS MOD IN THE CAMPAIN
    IF SO when are they availble?

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.3 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers,60th rifles plus new royal irish company and wolf brigade inf/cal updated 4/5/09

Yes you can use them in the campaign. I've had a few problems getting some of the units available at the start of the campaign.

Currently
    SE and POW are availables at military academy
    CM, 95th and 60th require machine rifle tech

if you look on the tech tree you will see them all.

applelover

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

60th Rifles with no "Sweet William"??
    We must put this right Comin' soon in Lego Pack !!

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Kave-In View Post

Wow. It's a spitting image xD

When it comes to the South Essex, which colonel will you go for?

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by Kave-In View Post

Nice work mate, I only opened photoshop for the first time a week ago and it scares me so if you could throw me a texture or two I'd be grateful.

Lego will bring them out as stand alone units but anyone is welcome to use the skins for there mod
    Did u not see Sharpe on page 2 ?? Looks much better than this one ...

Not planing on doing loads just a few may well do south essex though but will put in sgt Obadiah Hakeswill I think
    Last edited by Kave-In; May 06, 2009 at 12:15 PM.

I have attahced a new local file, "aslc4local" to be compatible with Toontotalwar's much needed continental and british armies mod.

Applelover my good friend, would you be able to change the white trousers of the Riflemen and post that? JUST the retextures so that I could try and make it work?

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

I'll give it a go
    Last edited by applelover; May 06, 2009 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Applelover my good friend, would you be able to change the white trousers of the Riflemen and post that? JUST the retextures so that I could try and make it work?
    Just learnt how to clone in photoshop and now there is not a white trouser to be seen and the 60th all have there red trim.

I'll get cracking with the rest tomorrow

Just to let u know if yr planning on reskinning the 95th .. I've not only made Sharpe and Sweet William but the 95th & the 60th as well

Last edited by Kave-In; May 06, 2009 at 07:43 PM.

60th Rifles looking good. KaveIn, great retextures.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Any chance of adding this beret-type hat to a unit of Riflemen?

- Ramsay Snow

thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post
    Yes you can use them in the campaign. I've had a few problems getting some of the units available at the start of the campaign.

Currently
    SE and POW are availables at military academy
    CM, 95th and 60th require machine rifle tech

if you look on the tech tree you will see them all.

applelover

Well i see the 95th 60th and chosen ones in the tech tree but i cant find the SE or POW anywhere
    but they are availble in custom battle?
    any help

you get them with military academy

Ok when im playing the campain with this mod, i can see sharpe and the others picture the tech menu under machinest tech, but when i researched the tech i wasent able to recruit them. The only time i got to use any of the regiments you made was south essex when i was attacked while oucpying hannover. Is there something i didnt do when installing this mod that made it so i cant recruit them. They work in the land battle mode. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdog View Post
    Ok when im playing the campain with this mod, i can see sharpe and the others picture the tech menu under machinest tech, but when i researched the tech i wasent able to recruit them. The only time i got to use any of the regiments you made was south essex when i was attacked while oucpying hannover. Is there something i didnt do when installing this mod that made it so i cant recruit them. They work in the land battle mode. thanks
    I've made a change to the government type files so replace your sharpes rifles file with the one i've updated on the front page. This also get rid of the rifles white trousers

I'm having all sorts of problems running empire total war and am getting constant ctd so only have one scenario to test my mod on. If anyone could post their save game together with info onthe various mods they are using it would be more than helpful

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post

no more white trousers. download on front page

trafalgar11111's Avatar Foederatus

In your "units.tsv" file you've
    wolf_cavalry Wolf brigade infantry
    wolf_infantry Wolf brigade cavalry
    vice-versa'd
    sorry to hurt your feelings.
    I noticed it when ammending the .loc names file.

Quote Originally Posted by trafalgar11111 View Post
    In your "units.tsv" file you've
    wolf_cavalry Wolf brigade infantry
    wolf_infantry Wolf brigade cavalry
    vice-versa'd
    sorry to hurt your feelings.
    I noticed it when ammending the .loc names file.
    No need to apologise, thanks for the heads up. I've changed it and replaced the mod files.

In way of a disclaimer I'd like to say that I like CA believe that testing before release is a luxury and so rely on the end user to do it for me.

applelover