Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Update My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.1 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post

Ok, I have the pack manager opened. I can find all of the things I think I'm looking for. Now what? No bloody idea what I'm supposed to be doing...

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Default Re: Update My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.1 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Ok, I have the pack manager opened. I can find all of the things I think I'm looking for. Now what? No bloody idea what I'm supposed to be doing...
    I'll have a look an pm you tomorrow with all the details and hopefully we'll sort it out. here is a taster of the added pictures

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post
    I'll have a look an pm you tomorrow with all the details and hopefully we'll sort it out. here is a taster of the added pictures

I love the pack manager xD
    Nice screen shot

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.2 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers and new 60th rifles

version 1.2

added

- 60th rifles
    - all units recruitable in campaign
    - added right click picture (see first screenshot)
    - altered stats of units
    - added vanilla size units version of sharpes rifles for those not using darthmod 1.5

would love some feedback on whether it's working

hope someone is enjoying it out there and there is more to come because even with yesterdays patch my game is running like a soviet made motor vehicle.

peace out

applelover
    Last edited by applelover; April 30, 2009 at 01:55 PM.

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.2 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers and new 60th rifles

Looks great, but I can't download it because of the diffuculty I had in getting the older version to work. Still great stuff though Will check back and see what groovy units you release next...

- Ramsay Snow

Hope this solves your problem donz.

seems so. Thank you again verry much, should have thougt about that oc...

If you need anything, let me know.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Donz View Post
    seems so. Thank you again verry much, should have thougt about that oc...

If you need anything, let me know.

cheers
    no problem

If you could show me how to eidt the voices of units when you click on them it would be great. I've chopped up some sharp audio into mp3 but don't know how to edit it in. Have put the word around but no luck so far, if you find out or know someone who can do it then I'd be grateful if you contact me

applelover

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Lol, nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

only thing is the bayonet used by the 60th and 95th was the sword not the socket
    For King and Country
    Every one I give you
    King George his most Britanic Majesty

The fighting 95th, First in the field and the last out of the Fray

Why don't they have a Prussian Flag instead of German

In a future mod do you think you might figure out how to eradicate those God-awful white trousers that some of the Riflemen wear?

Just snazzing them up to the next level of authenticty etc.

Love it

- Ramsay Snow

just got photoshop so i'm on it

I will be adding three more units in the next 24 hours. All three appear in "Sharpe's Battle"

- Royal Irish Company (Spain)
    - Wolf Brigade Line Infantry (france)
    - Wolf Brigade Cavalry

Had my first experience of using photoshop today and it frightened me so bear with me on the texture front. I'd be more than happy if anyone wants to get involved or even better offer me some lessons .

I'm also still struggling with adding the mp3 files i've ripped to these units so don't hold back if you've got any input.

Hope all you Brits enjoy not having work tomorrow and have a good bank holiday. Went to the horse racing for the first time yesterday, Newmarket is a great day out. Got three wins out of seven and yet still came out even for the day

regards

applelover

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.3 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers,60th rifles plus new royal irish company and wolf brigade inf/cal updated 4/5/09

v1.3

royal irish company
    wolf brigade infantry
    wolf brigade cavalry

Default Re: Update - My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.3 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers,60th rifles plus new royal irish company and wolf brigade inf/cal updated 4/5/09

Nice work with those Loup brigadesmen

Will you get a pic up of the Irish Company? I can't wait to see them.

- Ramsay Snow

Haven't found a suitable unit to use yet so the are just the standard ex pat unit. I'm still at the bottom of the steep photoshop learning curve so you'll have to bear with me. glad you like the additions

I have made this mod compatible with aum 1.7 and lego v0.4. (see instructions) I'll take a look at mr thibs's mod as well. You can't get the names up because you are using his local file which doesn't include the sharpe names.

To get the mod working you need to :

- open both mod local packs with pack manager.
    - copy and paste the units_on_screen_name and unit_descriptions_texts_long lines for my units into his local pack(or visa versa). You can't copy and paste an entire line for local files so just do it box by box. Therefore for my mod you would have to copy and paste 16 boxes into his.
    - Only put the local pack which has all the entries into the data folder.

hope this solves your problems. I'm collecting unit mods and so am always updating my local file but so many extra units are added that it is impossible to keep up.

IMO The Real Compania Irelandesa should be available for the Spanish as well, like Bukelely's Regiment for the French. Would widen the range from just French and British changes.

- Ramsay Snow

I've only enabled them for the spainish thus far

Kave-In's Avatar Libertus

A Sharpe mod with no Sharpe???

We must put this right Comin' soon in Lego Pack !!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast