Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Default Re: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Im sorry, but have these units been reskinned yet? do they look like napoleonic or do they still look like regular vanilla line infantry

thank you

Default Re: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello D-e-I, did you activate the "Sharpe 1.72 pack file" with the mod manager?
    Nope. I don't have mod manager. Do you know where I can download it?

Quote Originally Posted by devide-et-impera View Post
    Nope. I don't have mod manager. Do you know where I can download it?
    Here is the link to the latest MOD MANAGER 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Here is the link to the latest MOD MANAGER 1.5.
    Thanks! I can see there are 166 conflicts with the Sharpe file but I don't know how exactly to 'activate' it. How is this done?

Quote Originally Posted by devide-et-impera View Post
    Thanks! I can see there are 166 conflicts with the Sharpe file but I don't know how exactly to 'activate' it. How is this done?
    Disable the "Show all pack types" below the LAUNCH button.

Click on the little "square" on the left of "Sharpe" to activate it.

Hi i am completely new to modding and i was just wondering if you could go through with me how to install your sharpe mod, also is there any programs i need to install with it?

Thanks

Well, I cant get this mod to work right. I download the unit compatibility thing and it doesnt work. I dont get the unit names or descriptions with the current version of the Unit Compatability thingy.
    But...I suppose this is because its not been updated to the latest version? Could do with some help here.

EDIT: Never mind...I found the 5.7 version. Now I feel dumb.
    Last edited by Death Jester; March 28, 2010 at 01:39 AM.

Icon10 Re: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Thank you for making this, the second a map maker app comes out, you should make some sharpe battles!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

One small point is that.... WHERE ARE THE NEW UNITS???? i put the two files in the DATA , but no sharpe any help would be nice. (still a great idea)!
    Last edited by Major Sharpe; August 23, 2010 at 07:29 AM.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

did you add the lines in the user script
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    did you add the lines in the user script
    What???????

to make the MOD work you must create or edit a user_script that basically tells the game to add that MOD in

if you get stuck just PM me
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Hi Major Sharpe

what you need is a user_script, on the assumption you have downloaded and unzipped sharpes rifles v1_72 van then the attached file should work for you fine. Download it and place it in C:\Users\Vista User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Sometimes this folder is a hidden folder if so follow the instructions here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial130.html

the latest UPC can be found here, make sure you only have one in your data folder (where your game is stored should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

that should get you going, if you need anything else just post here or PM me

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Hi there,

i am a gr8 fan of the sharpe series, i downloaded ur mod, the one with word van. but the mod is not working. second is ur pack file read only? i just want to make ur mod units unlimited 4 a bit of fun..

waitin 4 ur reply..
    urs truly,
    regards.............

Quote Originally Posted by ♔hammeredalways♔ View Post
    Hi Major Sharpe

what you need is a user_script, on the assumption you have downloaded and unzipped sharpes rifles v1_72 van then the attached file should work for you fine. Download it and place it in C:\Users\Vista User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

Sometimes this folder is a hidden folder if so follow the instructions here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial130.html

the latest UPC can be found here, make sure you only have one in your data folder (where your game is stored should be something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=340442

that should get you going, if you need anything else just post here or PM me
    Thankyou Sir, ive been able to ge all working sometimes but its always a pain.

Hi appleover,

Please could you help..... I'm very new to NTW and I'm trying to download the Sharpe mods.

I've downloaded the Sharpe's Rifles 1.72, but can't find a version of the UPC 4.1 that unzips.

Can you advise me on any download versions.

Cheers

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Could I suggest that you add the cross of St John onto major duco's Swiss guard, maybe the white band to the chosen men, and maybe use the Windbusche Jäger model with different skins for line infantry etc, because the Napoleonic wars introduced Shakos?

Otherwise, absolutely brilliant! I enjoy playing as Brand's boys, and having a pitched battle against el Mattherife's partisans!
    Mod in progress: Knights of the Black Diamond (sp + ETW)
    Danzig mod (europa universalis)

Walk into Mordor? I can riverdance into Mordor!
    (well, it was suicide anyway!)

Irishguy11's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Hi appleover,

Please could you help..... I'm very new to NTW and I'm trying to download the Sharpe mods.

I've downloaded the Sharpe's Rifles 1.72, but can't find a version of the UPC 4.1 that unzips.

Can you advise me on any download versions.

Cheers
    It would be E:TW that you need, so N:TW wouldn't be much use.

Otherwise, download 7zip, then right click on the file and the words Open folder should come up. Highlight the pack files and click on the - button, which is the Extract button. Then browse for the data folder of E:TW, then click Extract Here. The packs should be there. It should work, and if it doesn't then give me a beard and call me Lincoln.
    Mod in progress: Knights of the Black Diamond (sp + ETW)
    Danzig mod (europa universalis)

Walk into Mordor? I can riverdance into Mordor!
    (well, it was suicide anyway!)

i really want this mod but i have no idea about how to install it- can someone add me on skype plz and help me- (daniel.burnikell) cheers

Can anyone provide a link for this?