Thread: Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack [v1.01, August 5, 2017]

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack [v1.01, August 5, 2017]

Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack
    v1.01, August 5, 2017

Joint 2nd Place in the Unit Mods category, 2016 Modding Awards

Why use this mod?

In the Road to Independence campaign, I liked the idea of leading an emerging independent nation to freedom. I enjoy the challenge of playing minor factions (such as Venice, Hannover and the Thirteen Colonies) and emergent factions (such as Ireland and the United States). Perhaps you like the idea of playing an 'underdog' nation, too?

Perhaps you have tried playing minor factions (using the All Factions Unlocked mod) or emergent and minor factions (using Empire Total Factions). Playing smaller countries can be challenging. You often cannot research technologies for some time, until you have built or captured a school. Generally, your unit roster is quite limited. Some minor factions (such as the Barbary States, Morocco and the Crimean Khanate) can recruit very few units.

Some mods offer very powerful units. This unit pack includes some powerful units, but it is based on a different approach. The idea of this unit pack is that minor and emergent factions rely on militia, irregular and light troops. Generally, the units made available by this mod are improved militia, cheaper (and less powerful) infantry, irregular and light troops. For me, this can make a campaign on Normal (or Hard) difficulty level challenging - because the player is not using a professional army (at least, not in the early stages of the campaign.)

What this mod does: Units Unlocked and Made Useful

This mod allows minor and emergent factions to recruit the following units:

Improved Militia

Desert Warriors (North Africa)
    Minutemen (United States)
    Provincial Militia (Europe)
    Revolutionary Guards [elite, high-morale militia, can only be recruited by a republic] (mainly in the Americas)

Some of these units (Desert Warriors and Minutemen) can be recruited in the vanilla game. The differences with these mod are (1) they are now worth recruiting (they have the powerful 'skirmish fire' ability, like Minutemen, and other abilities such as 'paths seldom trod') and (2) they are unlocked for minor and emergent factions generally.

Cheaper/Earlier Line Infantry

African Infantry (North Africa)
    Conscripts [can only be recruited by a republic] (Europe)
    Expatriate Infantry (Europe)
    George Washington Regiment [only recruitable by the United States] (United States)
    Irish Brigade (a few regions in North America and Europe)
    Maroon Rebels Insurgents (West Indies)
    Provincial Line Infantry (Europe)
    Sepoys (India)
    Voluntary Revolutionary Infantry [can only be recruited by a republic] (mainly in the Americas)

Some of these units (African Infantry, Conscripts and Sepoys) can be recruited in the vanilla game. This mod makes these units more attractive to recruit. As your technology progresses, they will use the same abilities as Line Infantry (such as square formation and fire by rank). Some units have other improvements - for example, African Infantry are now about equal to Company Infantry. These units are also unlocked for minor and emergent factions generally. Some of these units, such as Expatriate Infantry, provide early access to line infantry for smaller factions which do not begin the game with a barracks.

More Powerful/Later Line Infantry

Highland Infantry (Scotland)
    Superior Line Infantry (Global)

By the late stages of the campaign, you are likely to need some elite units. Not all minor and emergent factions can recruit Guards units. With higher-level barracks in major cities, you will be able to recruit these powerful units.

Improved Artillery

Board of Ordnance 24-pounder (some Mediterranean coast regions and Georgia in North America)
    Colonial Howitzer (North Africa, the Middle East and parts of India)
    Marine 12-pounder Artillery Independent Company (West Indies)

Some minor factions can recruit no (or very few) artillery units; these units help to fill that gap. They also provide improved artillery units for minor and emergent factions generally.

In v1.0 of this mod, the Board of Ordnance 24-powder was a horse-drawn heavy cannon (slow-moving, but not fixed, like a 12-pounder cannon). However, this unit crashed the game, so I fixed it in v1.01. In v1.01, the Board of Ordnance 24-pounder is a fixed cannon (it can move on the campaign map, but it cannot move on the battlefield, like demi-cannon). The unit card does not include a full description (it does include a picture and the unit statistics); otherwise, the unit works normally.

The Colonial Howitzer and Marine 12-pounder cannon are horse artillery (like the 3-pounder and 6-pounder horse artillery) so they move quickly.

Early Light Infantry

Barbets (Italian Alps, specifically Turin in Savoy)
    Guerillas (Europe)
    Mountain Troops (Norway)
    Voltigeurs (France)

Early access to light infantry (before researching the Light Infantry Doctrine technology) can give smaller nations a crucial advantage. Barbets and Guerillas are cheap to recruit and less powerful; Mountain Troops and Voltigeurs are more expensive and are more effective.

Shock Infantry

African Musketeers (West Indies)
    Highland Clansmen (Scotland)
    Riskers of Souls (North Africa)

The defenders of smaller nations may lack supplies and training but they do not lack courage! These fearsome fighters are under-supplied (they have only 5 ammunition). They have the powerful 'skirmish fire' ability (like Minutemen) and they are skilled swordsmen. They also have the 'scare enemies' ability (this causes wavering enemy units to break earlier.) You can use them to break through an enemy line, firing a few volleys and following this up with a devastating charge. Like shock cavalry, they tend to suffer heavy losses after prolonged melee.

Other Units

Cemaat Janissary Grenadiers (north Africa and the Middle East)
    Colonial Pikemen (outside Europe)

These units provide grenadiers for factions which would not otherwise have them and a potentially useful defensive unit.

If you also use the pack which unlocks ships, then the following units are available:-

Ships

Sixth Rate (two types of better Sixth Rate are unlocked, one in Europe and the Middle East and the other in the Americas. You can recruit them using a Major Fishery, a Commercial Basin or a Global Trading Company. They are still called 'Sixth Rate' in the game, but their firepower is higher than the firepower of a standard Sixth Rate.)
    24-pounder Frigates
    Xebecs (North Africa) [this unit has a unit limit of 15. Setting a unit limit encourages AI factions to recruit the unit, which should encourage the AI Barbary States and Morocco to recruit these ships as well as galleys]
    For the Barbary States, the Crimean Khanate and Morocco: brigs, sloops, frigates and ships of the line (in vanilla, if you play one of these factions, they can recruit only galleys at the start and very few units after that.)

The idea of unlocking more powerful frigates for minor and emergent factions is that, like the early United States, smaller nations would rely more on frigates than ships of the line.

Known issues

Unlocking ships can cause a bug in which two of several types of ship can be recruited in your ports (two types of brig, two types of sloop and so on). The game is still playable.

The unit card for the Board of Ordnance 24-pounder does not include a full unit description. The unit card includes a picture of the unit and its statistics; it does not include paragraphs of text about the unit.) The unit works normally on the battlefield, despite this problem.

Compatibility

I have tested this mod with both the All Factions Unlocked startpos and with the Empire Total Factions mod, as well as a startpos from my Early American Revolution mod. This mod works with my No Gabionades mod, Removed Bomb Ketches and Rocket Ships, my Navy Recruitment mod and my Weather mod.

This mod uses the vanilla unit statistics, so it would not work well (if it worked at all) with Hosted Mods which make significant changes to game-play (such as Darthmod, Empire Realism, Imperial Destroyer and Imperial Splendour). If you use those mods, they probably provide you with plenty of units for minor factions already, either in the main mod or a sub-mod.

Which factions?

This mod unlocks units for Afghanistan, Barbary States, the Crimean Khanate, Dagestan, Colombia, Courland, Denmark, Genoa, Georgia, Greece, Hannover, Hessen, Hungary, Ireland, the Italian States, the Knights of St John (Malta), Louisiana, Mamelukes, Mexico, Morocco, the Mughal Empire, Mysore, Naples & Sicily, New Spain, Norway, Persia, Portugal, Punjab, Quebec, Savoy, Saxony, Scotland, the Thirteen Colonies, the United States, Venice, Westphalia and Wurttemberg.

Recommendations

I recommend using this mini-mod together with mods such as Shokh Hates Sieges (available here) and (for better appearance of units) the optional graphics pack for the Additional Units Mod (you can use the graphics pack whether or not you use the Additional Units Mod) or the Vanilla United Enhanced Mod. If you would like improved AI, I recommend trying the improved AI mods by Bran Mac Born.

Strategy & Tactics Discussion
    If you would like to share ideas on how to play minor and emergent factions successfully, please join the discussion here.

Feedback & Suggestions
    Feedback and suggestions are welcome - feel free to post them on this thread. While I have some modding experience, I am not an expert, so I might not be able to produce the effects which you want.

Credits: I am very grateful to erasmus777, husserlTW, Lazy Knight and others for your helpful guides and tools and to all members of the modding community who have helped - thank you! Thanks to Sar1n for reporting the problem with the Board of Ordnance 24-pounder in v1.0 of this mod.

Permissions: if anyone would like to use any of these files as part of your mod (including your own edited version of them), please do so; if you do so, please credit my work. If the links stop working and if I have not posted on the TWC forum recently, then you have permission to re-upload it so that other players can use it.

My other mods: you can find a list with links to my other mods, here.

How to install (and uninstall) this mod

Download the files. The files are called:-

emergent_minor_units_mod_v10.pack (this mod unlocks and improves land units)
    emergent_minor_ships_mod_v10.pack (this mod unlocks ships)

Unzip them (they were zipped with the free software 7zip). Copy and paste the file(s) to your C:/ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Empire Total War/data folder. That's it - you do not need to activate the mod using a user.empire_script file.

If you want to uninstall this mod, just remove the file(s) from your data folder.

Download Links

In case the download links below disappear, you can also download these mod files from this mediafire folder.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 05, 2017 at 07:07 AM.

Default Re: Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack [v1.0, July 2016]

Doesn't work for me after I put it in the data folder :/

nevermind lmao

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

I think instead of the improved frigate instead improve the indiaman trade ship by increasing the amount of cannons it has so it can properly defend itself. The current Indiaman should be renamed to represent a generic Merchant vessel while the improved Indiaman would be call an East Indiaman. Also I think the Fluyt and Galleons need to be rebalanced. The Fluyt needs less cannon, smaller crew size and a much weaker hull but as compensation they bring in twice the amount of trade goods of what the other trade ships can, with the Flyut being the Dutch's replacement for the Merchantman. The Galleon on the other hand needs a massive nerf to it reload rate from 40 to a more reasonable 10 or 15 also the accuracy should be nerfed to 30.

For other new vessels I would like to see Gallease for Venetians, Grab for Indian factions and the so called "archipelago frigates" for the Baltic nations

The Gallease is a vessel that is of sorts a hybrid between a galley and a large full rig ship. Like a galley it has oars allowing it move in no or low wind situations and has a heavy forward facing armament, however it has the large hull, broadside cannon battery and the set of sails of a full rig vessel.

The Grab is recruitable in only the India theater and serves as replacements for the Brig and Sloop for the Indian factions. The Grab has a slightly stronger hull than both the sloop and brig and has 24 cannons with 2 of them located on the front.

The "archipelago frigates" are recruitable only by the factions in the Baltic Sea region, like galley they have oars allowing them to travel quickly in low wind conditions however "archipelago frigates" are located on the broadsides however they have fewer cannons than sixth rates. They come in two types although historyically there 4 types. The two types that would be represented are the Turuma and the Hemmema, while the ones that are not appearing in game are the Pojama and the Udema which both were smaller than the Turuma and the Hemmema types. The Turuma class represented by the Norden has 22 12-pounders and 10 3-pounders cannons giving it a total of 32 cannons although historically the Norden did had 24 swivel guns but swivel guns are not represented in game. The Hemmema class is larger than the Turuma class. The Hemmema class is heavily armed with 24 32-pounders cannons and 2 12-pounders so a good boardside will do some very heavy damage

Gallease

Grab

Turuma

Hemmema
    Last edited by hessia78; March 07, 2017 at 06:37 AM.

In all the campaigns I have played, I've never seen a Lugger recruited by the pirates. Found them the other day in the db and was surprised to find an actual entry in the wiki on them. Seems like a great ship to enable for the Americas. Any historical reason they wouldn't be used?

hessia78's Avatar Libertus

I wish this mode can be made compatible that gives the Swedes a proper army roster set along the lines of the Carolean army

Thanks, hessia78 for your ideas and the wonderful pictures. Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to modify ship models (or any time available for modding, at the moment). You mentioned increasing the number of cannon on the Indiamen. It is possible remove an entire deck of guns (although the ship then suffers a morale penalty in battle, because the crew 'know' that they are supposed to have more guns) or to modify the calibre of the cannon (for example, to replace 12-pounders with 18-pounders) by editing a mod file containing the unit_stats_naval table using Pack File Manager (if I remember the name of the table correctly). But I do not know how to add more cannon - perhaps this is not possible.

You mentioned wanting this mod to add units to the Swedish army. Feel free to make your own version of this mod, which adds units to the Swedish roster, if you want to. There is guidance in the Empire Mod Workshop about how to add units, if you want to make your own Swedish army mod from scratch. It's important to know that modding is usually a time-consuming, 'trial and error' process. Another option would be to use the impressive Additional Units Mod by Swiss Halberdier, which (I believe) focuses on adding units for major factions such as Sweden.

eschelar mentioned the Lugger. I do not think that the Pirates can recruit this ship in the vanilla game. It is possible to unlock Luggers - for example, the 'Fourth Rate and Friends' version of my Fourth Rate Frigate Unlock mod unlocks Luggers. However, they behave oddly - their unit card suggests that they have guns, but if they appear in a sea battle, they are unarmed. Unfortunately, the AI does not seem to know what to do with unarmed ships.
    Last edited by Alwyn; March 08, 2017 at 02:29 PM.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

It's with great pleasure that the Modding Awards Committee informs you that this mod has been awarded in the recent 2016 Modding Awards, as seen here! Please feel free to stop by and check the list of all the winners.

Also, don't forget to check
    here for more details about how to promote the victory of your mod.

If any question about please feel free to use the
    Discussion thread.

Flinn,
    On behalf of the Modding Awards Committee
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

It is compatible with age of enlightenment mod?

Hi Prince Alessandro, I have not tried the Age of Enlightenment mod so I cannot tell you. I can tell you that:-

- The Minor & Emergent Factions Units Pack is intended for the vanilla unit statistics (such as accuracy and reloading) and unit sizes. If a mod changes these, then the two mods might not combine well. For example, the Age of Enlightenment mod has tighter unit formations, while the Minor and Emergent Units Pack does not (that might or might not be a problem).

- Does the Age of Enlightenment mod add extra units? In each region, there is a maximum number of recruitable units. (Of course, as buildings are upgraded and new technology researched, we can recruit new units such as grenadiers and dragoons). If we exceed this limit, then it becomes impossible to recruit units in that region - the recruitment panel becomes blank. If we use more than one unit pack which adds extra units, there is a danger that we might exceed this limit.

- When we combine any two mods, there is a danger that the game will crash. Hopefully, it would be possible to fix that by removing one of the mods. If are unlucky, you might need to re-install the game. When you try a new mod (or combination of mods), I recommend starting a new campaign. This is not always necessary. However, I believe that saving a campaign with one set of mods and loading with different mods can cause saved game corruption. (If that happens, then I recommend the solution here - this was for DarthMod, but in my experience it usually fixes saved game corruption when I am not using DarthMod).

If you try using this mod with the Age of Enlightenment, I would be interested in any feedback you have on their compatibility.

I may try putting your mod at the bottom of the load order and see if the Age of Enlightenment stats are applied to your units.

Well I have modified your mod from a movie to a mod pack so I could place it in a load order, I don't know if it is a mistake of this conversion of the file pack file but I have noticed some odd things like for example colonial pike-men that could be recruited by Persia or Spanish guerrillas recruitable by Venice. I mean that isn't much historically accurate.
    Last edited by Principe Alessandro; July 31, 2017 at 11:53 AM.

It's not a mistake that those factions can recruit those units. That is the purpose of this mod - to expand the unit rosters of minor and emergent factions, by unlocking units which already exist in the game. I see what you mean about the lack of historical accuracy. The purpose of this mod is not historical realism. If you want historical realism, I recommend Imperial Splendour or Empire Realism.

My thought process went like this:-

- My favourite faction is the Thirteen Colonies/United States (especially in the Road to Independence campaign part 3). Why? Because I am inspired by the idea of a small nation fighting for their independence. I also like the challenge of using irregular units and militia (including improved militia, such as Minutemen) against a professional army.

- Why don't I play other minor and emergent factions more? Because some of them have limited unit rosters which makes it difficult to survive against larger factions. Also, because I would want to use irregular units and militia (including improved militia), which they often cannot recruit in vanilla. Historically, that is how a smaller, weaker nation tried to survive and perhaps even defeated a more powerful nation - using guerrilla warfare, whether it was a Celtic tribe fighting the Roman Army in the 1st century or American colonists fighting the British Army in the 18th century. To fight a guerrilla war, you need guerrilla units, which is why I unlocked Guerrillas for minor and emergent factions in Europe (not just in the Iberian regions). You might be thinking 'but the Guerrillas unit represents historical Spanish guerrillas, not the guerrilla fighters of any nation'. You are right, that is what the Guerrillas unit represents in the vanilla game. However, in this mod, they represent the guerrilla fighters of any minor or emergent faction in Europe. I believe that it is okay for modders to use something which exists in the game to represent something else - for example, in Imperial Splendour, the game's unit fatigue system (Fresh, Active, Winded and so on) is used to represent unit cohesion, not fatigue.

- Of course, I know that, historically, the word 'guerrilla' refers to Spanish irregular fighters. However, as I have said, this style of warfare existed in the time of ancient Rome; it was not invented during the Napoleonic wars. The unit are called Guerrillas because that is what the game calls them. This is a simple mod, which unlocks existing units and makes small changes, it does not create new units or re-name existing units.

- As I see it, whether my approach is historical depends on what you want the game to do. If you want the game to represent real history, then you probably won't like this mod. If you want to experiment with history, to use the game to represent potential history, then this mod might interest you. By 'potential history', I mean 'what-if' scenarios such as 'what if Ireland rebelled against Britain in the early 18th century? - as in my Ireland AAR, Éirí Amach: Irish Rising. As you can see from the prologue of the AAR, it is based on an 'alternative history' scenario in which a King William III was killed, rather than injured, by a cannon ball at a battle in 1690. In that story, Ireland uses guerrillas - you can see them in this chapter for example. They are Irish guerrillas, not Spanish ones.

- Why, then, can Persia recruit colonial pikemen? You can probably guess the answer: 1. To expand their roster, to give Persia a better chance to survive 2. Because the unit exists in the game's files and can be recruited in Persia, 3. Because the player might want to explore a 'what-if' scenario. Here, the alternative history might be like this: Napoleon Bonaparte studied military history and (at least, according to the tutorial campaign for Napoleon Total War) he was inspired by historical commanders such as Alexander of Macedon. Suppose a Persian general was born who had the military genius and ambition of Napoleon. Suppose he had an education similar to Napoleon's. He might have wanted to follow the example of Alexander, whose Macedonian army would have used pikemen (just as successor state, Baktria, does in Total War: Rome II). He might have had a strategy similar to that of the Russian and Ottoman emperors - to modernize his army following the example of European nations. However, he cannot afford initially to equip all of his infantry with muskets. Therefore, he might begin by using 17th century Europe as an example, using a mixture of European-style pikemen (represented in the mod by Colonial Pikemen) and musketeers - 'pike and shot' tactics - until his country can afford an all-musketeers infantry force.

Of course, some players want the game to represent actual history and will not like the approach used in this mod. I respect that view - different players prefer different things.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 01, 2017 at 02:51 PM.

No bad feelings, just trying to be of some help.

Anyway the colonial pike-men are bit redundant for Persia because they can recruit the zamindari pike-men (not sure if thanks to the Age of enlightenment mod).

It's helpful to hear how people get on, when combining this mod with other mods - and to receive feedback on this mod - thank you!

Decided to give this a try...the new 24 pdr crashes in custom battle (tried with USA, no other faction available for custom battle has it). Odd.

Thanks, Sar1n, for reporting the problem and for being specific about the faction, the unit and the situation (custom battle).

You are right, I tried starting a custom battle as the United States, using the Board of Ordnance 24-pounder cannon, and the game crashed. I am investigating this problem. It might have been caused by the change I made to the unit (in vanilla, it would have been fixed artillery; I made it slow-moving, like an ordinary 12-pounder or 24-pounder cannon unit). If the problem is not caused by that change, then you might have discovered why this unit was cancelled by the game designers. (It is in the game's files but is not recruitable in the Road to Independence campaign, if I remember correctly.)

I hope to post either a version of the mod which fixes the problem or a version of the mod which removes this unit (if I cannot fix the problem). This should be done by the end of this weekend.

You mention that no other faction available for custom battle has this unit. That is correct. This mod is designed to unlock units for minor and emergent factions. The United States is an emergent faction (emergent factions do not exist in the Grand Campaign at the start; they emerge only if there is a rebellion in a region where they can emerge). The other factions which we can play in custom battles, such as France, Austria and Russia, are major factions. (This mod does unlock one or two units for major factions in the campaign, such as Provincial Line Infantry - this is a side-effect of unlocking them for any faction).

[Edit to add] I have posted a new version of this mod in the opening post of this thread. Version 1.01 turns the Board of Ordnance 24-pounder back into a 24-pounder demi-cannon (guns which can move on the campaign map but which cannot move on the battlefield, like demi-cannon). This unit can be used by the United States in custom battles (it worked without crashing in my tests). There is an issue - if you look at the unit card, the picture and statistics are there, but the full description of the unit missing. However, the unit works normally on the battlefield, so this does not seem to be a significant problem.) Thanks, again, for reporting the issue. I have given you credit for this in the 'Credits' section of the opening post.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 05, 2017 at 07:10 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    It's not a mistake that those factions can recruit those units.
    I think some units can only be recruited in a region or in geographically related regions such as the Lombardy region in the northern Italy, which is a Spanish starting region in the early campaign.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I think some units can only be recruited in a region or in geographically related regions such as the Lombardy region in the northern Italy, which is a Spanish starting region in the early campaign.
    Thanks, that's true! I enjoy being able to recruit different units when I capture regions. That is one of the aims of this mod.

Another aim is to make minor and emergent factions more playable and to represent the kind of units which a wise commander of a small nation would have used if attacked by a powerful neighbour. If a small nation's general used a tiny force of regular troops and a larger force of ordinary militia against a large professional army, then I would expect that they would lose. If I was such a general, I would want to train my militia to a higher standard (just as Minutemen are better than Militia). I would also want to use irregular skirmishers, using ambushes and 'hit and run' tactics. That is why this mod allows minor and emergent factions to recruit improved militia and irregular units such as Guerrillas.

In this mod, because I treat Guerrillas as a generic unit which can be recruited by many factions (like Line Infantry, Light Infantry or Militia), they can be recruited in European regions. (If I remember correctly, Guerrillas can only be recruited in Spanish and Portugese regions in vanilla). [Edit to add] I checked in the unit_table of patch5.pack (the relevant vanilla file) and in the mod; in vanilla, the unit can only be recruited in regions with the 'peninsula' resource (Spanish and Portugese regions, I believe), while the mod changes this to regions with the 'europe' resource (European regions generally). As you have probably realised, the region(s) where each unit can be recruited is indicated in brackets, in the list of units in opening post of this thread.
    Last edited by Alwyn; August 05, 2017 at 09:45 AM.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack [v1.01, August 5, 2017]

Quote Originally Posted by Alwyn View Post
    Thanks, that's true! I enjoy being able to recruit different units when I capture regions. That is one of the aims of this mod.

Another aim is to make minor and emergent factions more playable and to represent the kind of units which a wise commander of a small nation would have used if attacked by a powerful neighbour. If a small nation's general used a tiny force of regular troops and a larger force of ordinary militia against a large professional army, then I would expect that they would lose. If I was such a general, I would want to train my militia to a higher standard (just as Minutemen are better than Militia). I would also want to use irregular skirmishers, using ambushes and 'hit and run' tactics. That is why this mod allows minor and emergent factions to recruit improved militia and irregular units such as Guerrillas.
    You know, in recent years I got an idea of a mod that would drastic change the CAI and what I am talking is to enhance the buildings in a region e.g better repression from a military building among other things.

vanilla has 2 repression from a military building with one city slot and two recruitment slots (military technology or a region controls what unit it can be recruited)
    vanilla has 3 repression from a government building with one city slot and one recruitment slot (only militia infantry and militia cavalry can be recruited)
    vanilla has 4 repression from a Royal Palace (mostly emergent and minor factions/nations e.g Courland, Hannover, Hungary always build a military building before the Royal Palace is being built) with one city slot and three recruitment slots

If you were playing a minor nation such as Hannover, the player can only recruit three units in one turn.

So if one of your enemies wanted to invade with one full army (cavalry cannons, line infantry etc) and only five turn remains before the attack occur.

How can the player being able defend and win the battle with 15-20 militia units except for the general?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast