Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

Default Update 1/8/09- My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.72 - thirty of your favourite Sharpe units + fix for units spawning as garrison

This is my first mod so it is very much a work in progress. Included are 30 new units. Mod is fully compatible with:-

- aum 2.4
    - DM 2.35 commander edition
    - Sons of the Dannebrog v0.5 or The Great Spirit - Native American Addition Mod UPDATE VERSION 1.2(these mods cannot be used together at present)
    - Ancien Regime unit pack - version 1.1
    - M653 unit texture mod v4.1/5.2
    - Continental, British, Hessian, Spanish, French and Indian Armies mods (up to 28/7)
    - Ultimate artillery mod
    - Danova's "Ornamentum 1.1"
    - KLA's "European Wars"
    - Wolfgang von Zweibrücken's "Marines Mod 1.1b"
    - EmperorBatman999's "My Units Mod 1.2.

- PRUSSIAN ELITE UNITS MOD
    - Lords Map Pack -latest version up to 18/7
    - Svenska "Sweden" Pack V.1.3
    - General Cornwallis's New Austrian Unit Pack!!
    - Imperial Splendor 2

Mod includes the following Sharpe units

- 95th rifles
    - sharpe's chosen men
    - south essex regiment
    - the prince of wales' own volunteers
    - 60th rifles
    - royal irish company
    - wolf brigade infantry
    - wolf brigade cavalry
    - El Casco's partisans
    - El Matarife's guerillas
    - The Prince of Orange cavalry
    - The Prince of Orange infantry
    - Brand's boys
    - General Chaumier's infantry
    - General Calvet's infantry
    - Gillian's rocket troop
    - Raj Khande Roa's rocket troop
    - General Burrough's 3rd army infantry
    - Major Stokes 3rd army cannon
    - Captain Singh's 3rd army lancers
    - Colonel Gudin's cavalry
    - Major Vivar's Guerillas
    - General Dodd's infantry
    - Major Ducos' Elite Swiss Guards
    - Scarsdale Yeomanry
    - Lord Rossendale's light guard
    - Chitu's Bandits
    - Subedar Pillai's East India Company foot
    - Ensign Beauclere's 69th foot
    - Dragomirov's 3rd native horse

Includes:

- names on screen
    - unit cards pictures including right click pic
    - background decriptions when you right click on card during battle.
    - usuable in campaign
    - modified textures

Still to come

- some more cheeky units from the tv show
    - new textures
    - new flags
    - altering the unit stats to give them more character
    - learning how to change the audio when you click on the units to add some classic sharpe lines (if that is possible).

Installation

You will need:-
    - Sharpe's rifles 1.72
    - UPC 4.1 (loc file) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259541

- Put both files in the data file. Sharpe's_rifles is a mod file, unit compatibilty project v4.1 is a patch file. If you are using Sharpes rifles in combination with any of the mods in the unitpack compatibility project then delete the loc files that come with these mods

-see this incredibly handy guide created by some hero's on this site for further info http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238847).
    - Mod is enabled using mod manager by chambers.
    - mod was originally designed to be run with darth mod so that is why the unit sizes are so big. However I've altered sharpe rifles for vanilla size units and also attached as sharpes rifles van.

Must thank Gilthanor for his help with the unit cards and the background descriptions.
    Must thank Swiss for his support in the unit compatibility project

Hope this mod is of use for someone

luke

The current download link is broken. If you have an alternative download link or have the mod saved on your pc please contact Modding Staff.
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; April 17, 2019 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Dead Link

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: My first ever mod: Sharpe - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Nice work!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: My first ever mod: Sharpe - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Any screenshots of units please??

As I said this is my first mod ever, so the rifles and chosen men use green jacket textures and the two line infrantry units use the euro line infrantry texture.

Learning how to alter textures and adding unit cards is my next task, but don't worry as I've got the bug now and I can't even play the game without constant ctd so I'm trying to get some value out of it somehow.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by applelover View Post
    As I said this is my first mod ever, so the rifles and chosen men use green jacket textures and the two line infrantry units use the euro line infrantry texture.

Learning how to alter textures and adding unit cards is my next task, but don't worry as I've got the bug now and I can't even play the game without constant ctd so I'm trying to get some value out of it somehow.
    Ok, i understand
    Last edited by ToonTotalWar; April 26, 2009 at 07:16 PM.

For getting rid of the red card, under the Pack file manager, under the units table
    (Units_table -> units )
    there are three model columns: one is for campaign picture, one is for custom battle picture, and the third is probably for the 'right click' feature which you have in both campaign feature and the battles.

Extract the file, clone the relevent lines, (if it is 95th rifles then use the rifleman row) and change the name to the one that you are using for this mod.
    N.B. so that it does not completely remove the units file, call the file something else and delete all irrelevent rows to maximise efficience.

See attatched picture for location in unit, table

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice mod You should get pics ans post them

Couple of minor inconveniences:
    Unit Names...
    Adding you mod brings British light infantry numbers up to 5 at least, one of the Green Jacket units has pretty much the same stats as the original green jackets...
    Other than the above, I really like this mod +rep

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Very nice mod You should get pics ans post them

Couple of minor inconveniences:
    Unit Names...
    Adding you mod brings British light infantry numbers up to 5 at least, one of the Green Jacket units has pretty much the same stats as the original green jackets...
    Other than the above, I really like this mod +rep
    For the names copy this patch en file over yours if you don't have any other mod units or make the changes manually if you do.

I dont think I have anyother mod units...
    Do the highland clansmen count? They're decoded or something from withing the actual gamefiles.

Will try out the patch in the morning

Peace out!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Default Re: Update My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.1 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Version 1.1

added unit cards and long unit background descriptions with the help of gilthanor.

Hopefully tonights promised patch will mean I can actually play the game, but if it doesn't expect much more on the way soon.

How much fun is modifying games

Default Re: Update My first ever mod: Sharpe version 1.1 - 95th rifles, chosen men, south essex, prince of wales own volunteers

Version 1.1

added unit cards and long unit background descriptions with the help of gilthanor.

Hopefully tonights promised patch will mean I can actually play the game, but if it doesn't expect much more on the way soon.

How much fun is modifying games
    Doubt its as fun as using mods

The unit cards work, the unit names work.

All is brilliant.
    AND I'm watching Sharpe's Honour now Can things get any better?

One thing I think you should consider is the size of the Chosen Men unit. For all their maxed out traits, I think you should try limiting their unit count to around 20 so that they're not too overpowered. Plus it would be another modding adventure.

Love this. +rep once I've rep'd some1 else...

- Ramsay Snow

- Ramsay Snow

strange that your unit name and background isn't coming up, as it's working on mine. Is this the case for all the units?

strange that your unit name and background isn't coming up, as it's working on mine. Is this the case for all the units?
    I haven't tried with the other Rifles unit or the South Essex, but the same pic comes up for the Volunteers and with the Chosen Men it is whichever unit you click on previously...

I have another mod; Mr Thib's French Revolution units (Sharpe vs Bluecoats, much more realistic )

- Ramsay Snow

Finally added some screenshots

Oooh, I do have the Line Infantry 7 Years War mod that changes skins of line infantry (British included)

- Ramsay Snow

After fiddling around with the many mods I have, I still can't manage to get the unit names up...

What worked with another mod is that he had MrThibs Revolution mod (as do I) so he tweaked with that to mak the unit names and background etc to appear.

Would you know how to do this at all?
    Last edited by KozCDVI; April 29, 2009 at 04:13 PM.

- Ramsay Snow

This is how it works for me

1. unzip sharpes local and sharpes rifles files and paste them into the data file
    2. add this line into script file found in C:users/your profile name whatever it is/AppData(might be hidden)/roaming/The creative assembly/empire/scripts

mod "Sharpes_rifles.pack";

3.Use mod manager to launch the mod
    4. You may have to use pack manager to open sharpes local. Find the four lines of unit_name_on screen that relate to the four units and add them to the localisation file in patch en which is found in data directory. I don't need to do this for some reason

hope this helps.

ps adding the right click card in battle pictures now so will update files to 1.11 tonight. This also includes another unit. Will post pictures tonight.

This is how it works for me

1. unzip sharpes local and sharpes rifles files and paste them into the data file
    2. add this line into script file found in C:users/your profile name whatever it is/AppData(might be hidden)/roaming/The creative assembly/empire/scripts

mod "Sharpes_rifles.pack";

3.Use mod manager to launch the mod
    4. You may have to use pack manager to open sharpes local. Find the four lines of unit_name_on screen that relate to the four units and add them to the localisation file in patch en which is found in data directory. I don't need to do this for some reason

hope this helps.

ps adding the right click card in battle pictures now so will update files to 1.11 tonight. This also includes another unit. Will post pictures tonight.
    Next unit= 60th Rifles by any chance?

Do you have a link to the pack manager?

- Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by KozCDVI View Post
    Next unit= 60th Rifles by any chance?

Do you have a link to the pack manager?
    of course, on both counts

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast