Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore + Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ###quality taken to next level###

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< bugfix >July 21< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Will try. :O
    Last edited by soulson; July 26, 2009 at 06:34 PM.

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< bugfix >July 21< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

ReallyBadAI v0.9 with integrated stakes and improved reinforcements run script will be out as soon as I think I got it all right, which was supposed to be 2 days ago , but now looks more like in 24-48 hours. I may add a feature protecting AIs general from getting suicidal in the first stage of a siege as well.

Feedback request:
    If you still have some issues to report
    (apart from passive AI during a siege, AI stopping charge @~10m from your troop line - already addressed and units geting stuck on ladders/walls sometimes - which is hardcoded; AI army deploying in a single line during a citadel/huge city siege is being worked on too), there's still time.

@soulson
    How did installing go?

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Honestly I was about to install it the other night but fell asleep. Now I cant decide between waiting for your latest release or trying xbai 3.4. Will most likely wait until your release. Hopefully the ai is smarter and tougher than SS 6.2

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

* Deleted post contents since too much of what I was saying was wrong.
    Last edited by Taiji; July 29, 2009 at 09:42 AM.

Ofc I'm late with an AI release, but the carousel of improvements is spinning fast and I can't get off before it stops...I'm extending the waiting period to another 24 hours.

@soulson
    Generally it's all ready atm, some polishing left.

@Taiji
    I read it anyway ... thx for getting interested in the topic though .

Regards

ey, G5Aiswitcher has many AI folders with Ai1, 2, 3, etc. whats the difference between each?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

There are differences in starting formations AI uses in open battles, plaza capture requirements (time and advantage needed), slightly different engage distance allowances and varying position from which AI performs attacks in open battles. Additionally there are different settings to % of AI's army put on walls and AIs advantage while defending against siege. There'll be more in the next release.

AI files get swapped ramdomly every 5 minutes.

Regards

so i don't have to touch them and not put one in data folder?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

Nope, the script I wrote does it for you, one set of files incl. formations gets copied to "data" folder on installation anyway.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v1.36 >Major Update July 31< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Major AI update is up, changes listed in 1st post, features brand new (simplified and optimized) AI Reinforcements Run script and new settlement assault formations. New AI switcher will be up in a few days.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v1.36 >Major Update July 31< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Nice one, looking forward to trying it

Excellent work G5 ...

Question ... I was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate your AI switcher into the campaign game? For example, would it be possible to get the AI to use different battle AI's for different generals? Perhaps hook on to an ancillary or something?

Just an idea

Very nice. Trying now.

Somehow my ss6.2 rr/rc bgrIV italian city states game crashes during the loading of a field battle between Venice (me) and Hungary. Changing the descr_formations_ai.txt file from your 0.886/1.36 release to the default one from the April release fixes this. Any clues?

@PB & soulson, thx, I hope you like it.

@Raum ul Amon
    It's impossible to do without crashes, I tried log file monitoring - too much data and often there's access violation error which leads to deleting all log files.

@blabar
    Thx for the report, I included a different formation file from intended... I hadn't slept all night b4 posting, so no wonder .

Corrected link: RR-RC and RR-RC+BGRIV

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 31, 2009 at 05:40 PM.

TO faction later era campaign....damn near impossible but very fun. Battle AI is better which is great. Pretty sure I read something about Generals rushing in during sieges and dying being fixed? Anyways curious to know if anyone is using another campaign AI besides the default (Lusted I think) as it could use some tweaking. Again, nice job very fun.

@soulson
    I dropped the script protecting generals during sieges for this release, it needed minor fixes and I hadn't had enough time (I'm away from Total War-equipped PC atm). I'll include it in a next version.

Regards

Yeah, I figured there would be 'difficulties' as it looks like you were/are using WSH to do the AI switches which looks like an excellent 'workaround'. It was just an idea is all.

Ducenarius

THIS IS A NOOB QUESTION BUT WHAT IS UAC?

I also have a problem.When i launch the game,a window appears and says that acess denied for the Switcher.
    What should i do?
    Last edited by Andrew1994; August 03, 2009 at 05:28 AM.

Hi,
    UAC is User Account Control, it stops Vista from executing unwanted (in theory ofc) programs.
    There's more to do in terms of ensuring your game works properly, you'll find all the info in the link below (it's a sticky in the main SS thread).

Vista FAQ: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220185

Regards