Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore + Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ###quality taken to next level###

Ducenarius

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

I have a question:If i want to have the stakes i should download the first files(first link)
    If i want to have the best AI behaviour i should download the switcher
    And if i want both of them i first download the first one install it and then i install the switcher

Am i right?
    Last edited by Andrew1994; June 19, 2009 at 07:05 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

So i installed gbaiswitcher in the SS directory and really bad AI (it came in zip right?) in the data folder..i played maybe 5 or 6 battles and didn't notice any change at all ,i did however just continue playing my campaign that i was playing before i installed it..what could be wrong here and how can i be sure that i'm actually playing the mod?

I have SS 6.2 btw

Hi Germanicus,

I installed in my compilation RR/RC+BIGRV the latest updates of your AI and I played 53 turns in late era with the Crown of Aragon.

Awesome, just awesome. I respect my little laptop now. If you keep working on this maybe you will have somebody of the future searching for kill you, like in "Terminator" .

Decanus

should i install ReallyBadAIv0.88 RR-RC + AI Stakes Deployment Script?

i m using SS6.1+ (SSTC 1.2+RR)
    Last edited by aqua; June 24, 2009 at 04:30 PM.

Ducenarius

I repeat my post

I have a question:If i want to have the stakes i should download the first files(first link)
    If i want to have the best AI behaviour i should download the switcher
    And if i want both of them i first download the first one install it and then i install the switcher

Am i right?

I jsut had a battle with you ai(GREAT ai btw) and the only thing that really annoyed me was that my ai reenforcements were running everywhere.
    is there a simple way to fix this?? thanks for any response
    bribery mod compatible with any other mod includes tutorial
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...26#post4174626

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

@lordextra0
    There's no simple way of fixing AI reinforcements' behaviour, as it's hardcoded. I'm working on a solution though. Btw, what do you exactly mean by "were running everywhere"?

@other peeps
    Thx for reporting bugs, praise etc., all welcome.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicu5 View Post
    @lordextra0
    There's no simple way of fixing AI reinforcements' behaviour, as it's hardcoded. I'm working on a solution though. Btw, what do you exactly mean by "were running everywhere"?

Regards
    sorry for not being clear...by running everywhere I meant that everythime I gave my ai reenforcements an order they would run..they would never walk. this resulted in an exhausted army which did not excactly fare well in combat
    thanks for your work I really appreaciate it
    bribery mod compatible with any other mod includes tutorial
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...26#post4174626

Indefinitely Banned

Remarkable stuff. Point Blank and xeryx, make this man an Artifex! stakes + switcher = genius.

Germanicus5, do you know if there is a descr_formations_ai default_melee_state that allows guard and fire at will?
    Last edited by Banzai!; July 17, 2009 at 11:39 PM.

@Banzai!

I'll pretend I didn't see that flattery .

fire_at_will_and_defend or fire_at_will_and_defend_and_skirmish

I hope they work as intended, I haven't tested them (although they're obviously allowed by the game engine).

Regards

Hy,

Just one problem report. Since i haven't played in long time i installed again med II, king, ss and latest point blanks submod. Decided to try your AI and after installing compatible version with point blanks submod i got your compatible version for it. So after installing it, and launching game i found out i start the game in very huge debt and that some or all BYG mod is activated. Either it is my local problem or those files for RR/RC contain in them something of Byg's mod. Just wanted to report it. GJ, btw germanicus

@Mafiozo

Thx for reporting it, I uploaded wrong Late and Early Era scripts with the RR/RC version excluding BGRIV.

Proper files HERE

New AI release coming as soon as I'm done with research on new scripting possibilities.

P.S. 196 downloads and no report , ppl must be playing new campaigns.
    Btw, I'm amazed by the popularity of BGRIV release .

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 20, 2009 at 05:39 PM.

Hy Germanicus,

Tried those new files of yours and found a bug. U prolly used PointBlanks files that aren't in his latest patch. I'll try to clarify, i saw your files for RR/RC have a campaign_script for imperial campaign. That script if i am correct isn't the script from his campaign patch and it causes a bug in 31'st turn. Script contains monitor for spawning templar reinforcments and the bug is contained in those few lines. If u used script from his campaign patch this bug shouldn't happen. Maybe this problem isn't in the new files u uploaded, but nontheless i wanted to inform you. ^^, gj on ai btw.

@Mafiozo
    Thx again, link corrected: Download for RR/RC HERE and RR/RC+BGRIV HERE
    In both cases early/late era files were misplaced.
    You might be interested in the new script I posted .

Regards

After days and days of researching scripting possibilities, dealing with CA's poor implementation of commands etc which they published themselves, I'm able to introduce a brand new:

AI Reinforcements Run Script v0.24 - test version - DOWNLOAD HERE

It's not perfect, but largely improves the way AI handles reinforcements.
    I'm looking for feedback on bugged behaviour. River battles feedback is most welcome. Also waiting for reports on how AI behaves when its general is a missile unit.
    Thx in advance for any contribution

Installation: Copy-paste it over stakes script section in the bottom of campaign_script.txt
    Note: Test version not compatible with stakes atm.
    Features:
    - active in campaign only (this amazing feature is exclusively brought to you by CA )
    - works for atacking and defending battles
    - makes AI's main force and reinforcements run towards each other and then move together to a chosen position, stopping their scripted activities when player's units get too close
    - if player concentrates on one army, the other one backstabs the player
    - works for all kinds of battles except from ambushes
    - shuts down when AI's units are close to each other or player's army / reinforcements are nearly destroyed

Known issues/limitations:
    - the script may crash the game if you alt-tab without pausing the game during the first minute of battle, this also negatively influences battle timer
    - main army can't move before all reinforcements enter the field of battle

To do:
    - stakes integration
    - code optimisation
    - adding support for more than one reinforcing army
    - distance/calculation-based help variations
    - "long-ranged missile unit as general" option
    - independent script file (in progress)

P.S. If the code looks strange at times, that means I had to use a workaround.

Edit: One more Script
    AI General Withdraw Script ( DOWNLOAD )- it's aimed to spare life of enemy's general in case his unit suffers losses over 85% - the script makes AI general rout when that happens, so either he runs away or gets caught (provided that the general wasn't killed earlier).
    It may become a part of a larger "Spare General's Life Script".

Installation: copy-paste to the bottom of campaign_script.txt, make sure it's over "wait monitors", if your game includes stakes script, you don't need to do anything else.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; July 20, 2009 at 08:56 PM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< bugfix >July 21< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

I will test it, good use of reinf is better than stakes or shieldwall , dunno how no one reported those bugs with RR/RC, haven't been a huge fun of BYG's mode but it sure became popular ^^, if I encounter new bugs I'll report them, good improvments btw.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< bugfix >July 21< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

G5 - pleased to see you're still busy at work on these mods.

will have a look when I finished my ETW campaign (CTDs permitting)

after i have downloaded rr/rc/BGRIV what do i download here for SS?
    "we're way way pre-alpha and what that means is there is loads of features not just in terms of the graphics but also in terms of the combat and animations that actually aren't in the game yet.So the final game is actually gonna look way way better than this!” - James Russell, CA
    Just like the elephant animation, this Carthage scenario is actually in the game, it just has a small percantage factor for showing up, that's all...

Beware of scoundrels

@spanish_emperor

- ReallyBadAI+Stakes RR-RC+BGRIV version
    - Optionally Battle AI Switcher RR/RC version (if you fancy the idea of having multiple AIs and AI formations)
    Thx for downloading

Regards

Decanus

if i use ur really bad AI,it will replace the Savage AI....right?

Can i use it with SS6.1 + SSTC1.2(RR/RC patched)

@aqua

SavageAI is campaign AI, mine is battle AI only, they don't interfere with each other.

I don't quite get the configuration you're using, coz RR/RC already contains SSTC, so there's no need to patch it. What was your exact install order?

In case you have RR/RC only, just download RR-RC release or optionally RR-RC+BGRIV if you play using BGRIV (don't confuse it with Byg's supply traits that work even if you didn't install BGRIV).

Regards