Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore + Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ###quality taken to next level###

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.85 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Noticed some minor problem. Archers are sent out to far, making them more vulnerable to light (fast) cav.
    Reducing the space between archers and other units would aid them

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.85 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

@Black-
    At some point their possible engage distance was set to ~30m, it's 22.5m from their starting positions in v0.85, which are very low values now and it may sometimes happen that they get overrun, still it's much reduced compared to other mods. I need to keep it within reason too, as missile units need to have at least a little space for an attack if they run out of arrows and the same AI is used for sieges - almost every setting is a two-edged sword, I'm trying to find some balance.
    But again, thanks for reports, as I'm glad to explain any doubts and possibly improve some issues if I find it doable.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.86 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

New AI available, changes listed in the 1st post.
    I've also made an AI Shieldwall script, available via this page: Info and download

Looking for feedback on both, particularly the shieldwall.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.86 - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts development and discussion

Oh cool, the AI can do shieldwall?? Nicely done again G5!
    member of S.I.N.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Ah but can they do "Boar Snout"?
    as featured in TV prog: 1006 - the battle for middle earth

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/1066/catch-up

(don't know if there are restrictions on where this can be accessed from.)

Hmm... in theory turning on wedge formation for infantry would be possible. Even use of it by AI is theoretically implementable.

Regards

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

cool stuff. just installed the battle switcher for SS 6.1. Quick question. Do i need to start a new campaign or will it access the 3 AI's in a current 6.1 campaign?

Thanks again for these good mods!

new campaign is only needed if ya want the shield wall or stakes to work, otherwise your g2g.

thanks corT!

Quick question. I ran SS 6.1 and got this error.

Script: C:\Program Files\Sega\MTW2\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\G5BAISwitcher.vbs
    Line: 28
    Char: 23
    Error: Permission denied
    Code: 800A0046
    Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error

I use Vista 64. I figured it might be some admin stuff so I ran as admin but then it couldnt even find the Kingdoms file. Thanks for any info!

Hey,
    I couldn't connect twcenter since monday... dunno why... No campaign restart needed, to solve vista problem turn UAC off and see if that helps (it should).

Regards

Awesome. Thanks Germanicu5! It worked.

Quick questions.

Should the little black box stay open while SS runs (by black box is mean the console where it shows the script loading).

Also, all my saved games are gone. Is this common when installing your battle switcher? It doesnt really matter I spose as I had no good games going anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by gord96 View Post
    Awesome. Thanks Germanicu5! It worked.

Quick questions.

Should the little black box stay open while SS runs (by black box is mean the console where it shows the script loading).

Also, all my saved games are gone. Is this common when installing your battle switcher? It doesnt really matter I spose as I had no good games going anyways!
    The black box closes when battle switcher terminates, so it's a good indication of whether it resides in memory or not, so I'd leave it open.

Switcher has absolutely nothing to do with any disappearing files, its code includes copy and monitoring commands only. My guess is that it has something to do with switching UAC off (probably saves were stored in compatibility folder before and now the game looks for them in main game directory).

Regards

Noob question from a noob:

I have RR1.3/RC1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV Compilation Version APRIL 8, UPDATE April 23. If I understood, Im playing your battle IA.

I played just around 50 turns in Early Era, so didnt really have good combinated armies for see all the potential of your AI (just somoe horses and thousands of spearmen and peasants with bows in both sides). I see some awesome behavior of the IA in siege battles indicating me that Im not playing the vanilla IA, but in open field battles I see that the IA armies allways attack you. That means you can search a good high position for place your army and stay there comfortably until the enemy came to you. You shoot all your well placed missile units and when the enemy is near you charge down. This is a big advantage for human player if you can allways play to defend. I remember just one battle where the moors did the oposite, they stayed in a mountain waiting for my army hard climbing.

Should that be in this way or Im not really playing your battle IA? How can I check it?

Thank you in advance. Im impressed to see almost a "Ferrari" here instead of the old "Seat Panda" I used to play once and Im impressed to see yet people like you who seem never to get tired of improve it more and more.

@deadhero
    Thx for your praise. AI armies attack when they have huge advantage, have big advantage in missile troops and also when they have no missile units at all. This may look like attacking too often, but I think it's well-balanced. My AI is default in RR/RC, so you're playing using it, but it's a relatively old release, please download the newest AI to see more benefits.

New AI uploaded, .exe installer added for BattleAI Switcher. It fixes most of cases with non-firing javelin units and makes AI army advance in better order.

Edit: For previous ReallyBadAI+Stakes .zip there was a directory structure which could prevent proper installation of stakes script, please check if you don't have Stainless_Steel_6/Data/Data directory,. if you do please reinstall following 1st post instructions.

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; May 29, 2009 at 05:53 AM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle Switcher/Scripts

Thanks again.

Everything installed. Is time to play!!!!!
    Last edited by deadhero; May 29, 2009 at 03:31 PM.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

i have error . i can't install this.

can you explain the exactly step to install in this configuration?

i have SS 6.1 + Real Recruitment+Real Combat+CBUR+BFTB+BGRIV for SS:
    Latest Version APRIL 8th + Update APRIL 23.

thanks

close the helmet, make a shield wall and raise your sword

and prepare to fight one last time ....

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul v0.88 >May 29< - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

@mrcosta
    If you want pure AI and stakes script, download
    THIS, Installation: Unpack attached files to Stainless Steel/data directory (default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\data)
    If you additionally want to use Battle AI Switcher, download THIS and install it in your Stainless Steel directory (
    default: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\).
    If you have Vista, turn UAC off - otherwise battle AI switcher won't work and errors will pop up.
    Also delete compatibility folder C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\ , but remember to backup savegames before doing that (copy them to desktop or smth).

Regards

Last edited by Germanicu5; May 30, 2009 at 06:09 PM.

Hi, just have a few questions about the 5 AI sets that get unpacked into the SS mod folder...

when u say in the downloading instructions that the AI sets have files that go into the SS data folder, do you mean that they go and over-write the existing battle_config and the config_ai_battle files? If so, do u take each of the files contents and copy it in 5 times (once for each folder)? I'm not sure what u mean by this...anyway, I'm very interested in this mod as a play almost all my battles manually and i crave a challenging experience on the battlefield...or on the parapets (seige was an important part of medieval warfare, was it not?) so any help getting this to work properly would be schweet!!

btw, i have the following sub-mods installed for references:

SS 6.1
    SS 6.1 beta (Real Recruitment 1.3/Real Combat 1.8/CBUR/BFTB/BGR IV with the april 23 patch)
    by defualt i'm using TheSavage AI and included BGR IV as well
    ReallyBadAI 0.88 RR-RC BGR IV + AI Stakes Deployment Script
    G5BAISwitcher10.88_RR-RC

anyone...?

*bump*

Can you script an early Engalnd/Scotland invasion of Ireland? Becauser in my campaigns no one takes Ireland and it ends up with like 7 full stacks on it.

Love NCAA football? Go here.