Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast

Thread: ReallyBadAI Battle System +Hardcore + Settlements v5.7 >Oct 17< ###quality taken to next level###

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.51 >October 30< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

RR-RC ofc, although PB's Oct 30 update contains the latest stakes files atm.

Regards
    I have no memory of this place.

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.52 >October 30 v2< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

I finally managed to eliminate last possible issue with reinforcements script causing ctds, download available via 1st post.

Regards

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.52 >October 30 v2< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Dear Germanicu5
    Could you please guide me through the right installation order so that I could have your AI along with the RR-RC mod..?
    Installation order so far:
    Install SS6.0 parts 1 & 2
    Install SS6.1 (with permanent arrows, nothing else)
    Install REAL RECRUITMENT / REAL COMBAT for STAINLESS STEEL 6.2 COMPILATION MOD BETA into the ...\Medieval II Total War folder
    - RR_RC_October_Release.exe (537.11 MB)
    - RR_RC_October_Release.D01 (537.11 MB)
    - RR_RC_October_Release.D02 (537.11 MB)
    - RR_RC_October_Release.D03 (360.78 MB)
    Install Hotfix (Oct 30) SS_RR_RC_HOTFIX_OCT30.7z into the ...\Medieval II Total War folder
    After Installation of Hotfix, double-click on the Medieval II Total War\FILE_TASKS2.bat file
    What should I install next..?
    THANX in advance
    Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

The Oct 30 BETA with stakes is already included in the latest RR/RC. So if you want Stakes+Reinforcements please download the RR/RC Oct 30 version. After you install basic ReallyBadAI you may try Battle AI switcher (not mandatory ofc).

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.52 >October 31< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Small update posted, fixes rare plaza capture issues for AI.

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.52 >October 31< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

Routing script:
    Is there a probability for a unit to rout or will it happen to all of them during 10 seconds?

Stakes script:
    What is the difference between both scripts? Once I suggested allowing the player to place stakes during a period of time, is this it?
    But isn't "stakes" script already included in ReallyBadAI? So to install the "timer based" I just have to paste it on the campaign script, but do I have to remove the "normal" stake script?

EDIT: What is the difference between the G5script.txt and G5script2.txt? In which should I paste the routing and stakes timer-based scripts?

thanks
    Last edited by krolyn; October 30, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Every 2nd unit will rout, this is a bit too rough, you can test the "panic" version which turns the cursor off, but I'm pretty sure you downloaded it before (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...19#post6123519). It doesn't contain latest fixes though, but it's decent for testing purposes.

Stakes script is an old version of the current script, I need to update 2nd post as it contains some old data. I haven't made a script that enables player to palnt stakes after battle starts yet. Work on elephants and sally-out scripts took too much time.

Still I could use some feedback on locking deployment phase if any of player's units has stakes ability (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...04#post6139504)

Regards

I've just tried the routing script but something strange happened...
    Playing a custom battle on a town.
    Player defending with 4 spearmen.
    AI attacking with 7 units and ram.
    AI attacks and breaks gate.
    3 AI units rout!!!! and none of my units (defending)..
    shouldn't it be the opposite??

By the way, what is the difference between the G5script.txt and G5script2.txt?
    In which should I paste the routing script? I've pasted it to the bottom of both scripts.....

What do you mean by "locking deployment phase if any of player's units has stakes ability".
    I couldn't quite understand by the other post....
    Last edited by krolyn; October 30, 2009 at 03:14 PM.

As I said, routing script is a bit outdated and was just experimental, so it doesn't include conditions excluding execution in undesired situations.
    If you'd want to make it work for custom battles, you'd need to switch unit numbers to ones in unit1-unit19 range.
    G5Script.txt is executed during campaign, G5Script2.txt in custom battles. If you leave the script as it is and just change numbers, it'll work well with G5Script2.txt.

I meant that script prevents any deployment moves by a player during a siege - if one of his units is capable of deploying stakes. So during deployment phase player won't be able to do anything apart from clicking "start battle" - this ensures you don't plant stakes just behind a gate.

Regards

Hey I installed RR/RC Oct 30th Hotfix and your latest version for it. So far it works great but I found something weird during one of my battles. I was besieging the castle from north with general and from southwest with rest of the army, and the enemy chose to sally out to fight against my general. You can see how the deployment went. Instead of appearing where they should be on another side of the castle, my army teleported to northern hills behind my general... with all siege equipments. That acritae with siege tower was stuck there for the rest of the battle. Since I've never seen this kind of behavior I thought it might be related to your AI script.

It's rather related to bad map layout / deployment zones, but there's a low chance it would be connected to recent sally-out reforming distance update. Can you upload the savegame plz? Which settlement is it?

Regards

@G5

I've been trying the latest Hotfix (30 Oct) with your scripts.

The routing script is interesting but I think that maybe is a bit too much.... I attacked an AI fortress and when I broke the gate 4 out of 11 units routed. Don't know if it is on porpuse but all 4 units were close to the gate. It makes sense but it created a sudden oppening on the defenses right on the gate!!! I could simply charge with the cavalry and kill a lot of the fleeing soldiers....
    I would suggest either:
    - increase gate/wall strength to give a little bonus to the defenders
    - make the units rout only when breaking walls and not gates (since the gate is the obvious place to attack the soldiers would be more prepared to its destruction)
    - reduce the number of units routing (50% seems too much)
    - make routing dependent on: type of fortification, general command points, type of unit, current morale, etc... (I remember that some cannot be done but I'm just refreshing them in case you've managed to figure them out )

About inactivating deployment phase for the player when it has stake capable units, I don't know....
    I really like the planning deployment phase and sometime the units are far apart. And with the pathfinding problems.... it could be a headache to get all unit ready before the enemy gets to the gates and the player would loose valuable archer-attack time.
    The only thing that I can see that would make things a bit even would be to "freeze" the AI for, lets say, 1min to give time to the player to reposition its troops (just in these cases).
    Isn't there any other way??

hmm, if there was a way that we could make a small square of ground immediately behind the gate that was a 'no deployment zone' for units we could eliminate the obvious stakes exploit...I doubt this is even possible .

Gman, I'm loving the new sally-out scripts... keep up the great work m8

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.53 >November 1< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

New AI is available, features settlement defence changes and reworked settlement defense formations for RR/RC.

@krolyn
    I'll think about your routing script suggestions, I'm not sure myself this feature would get popular though.
    Ad. limiting stakes deployment - I don't want to fix one issue by creating another, besides AI doesn't get such bonuses, it gets automatic layout every time and doesn't complain.

@TheJigglymonkey
    I'm not sure AI would handle this even if it was done... and thx for support. Did you actually see AI counter-attacking to sally-out? I'm sure some conditions would need a little tweaking... do you think penalties for leaving sally-out when AI already attacked walls/gate would be needed? I'm not sure I can rely on decency of human players .

Regards

Default Re: ReallyBadAI Overhaul BETA v2.53 >November 1< ###UNIQUE ELEPHANTS FIX AND SALLY-OUT REVAMP, TOTALLY REWORKED### - Stainless Steel, RR/RC Battle AI/Battle AI Switcher/Scripts

yes, actually, the AI did counter-attack when I sallied out but not in a way I had expected. I'll explain:

Early Campaign,VH/VH latest RR/RC with BGR IV and your bai switcher I'm playing venice

the byzies were sieging a castle of mine with a healthy stack (2 GB's,6 spearmen units,3 archer units,2 javelin foots and 1 javelin mounted + a ballista) so i figure ok, i'll go out and pick of an archer unit and whatnot with some cavalry units of my own before I send in the horde.

well, once battle started the AI dropped their equipment (2 sets of ladders,1 ram and a tower) and took up a standard 3 line defense, with spearmen at the fore, archers and javelins in the middle and a unit of heavy spearmen in the back with the ballista and both general's bodyguard. I used my cavalry to try and 'pull' some units off the flanks and into range of some crossbowmen along the walls...but it didn't work as after a distance their units turned around to go take position with the main army again. This kind of behavior continued for a while and even after sending mailed knights to decimate some archers, the AI eventually returned to position (the only unit of theirs that pursued me until death were it's mounted javelin cavalry)so I had my force muster outside the gates and tried to bait them again into a fight but still, didn't work. once my army got to within crossbow range, they attacked full force! I did notice that it wasn't a mass attack either, their cavalry darted to one side (my weak side with the crossbowmen) and steamrolled my flanks while their spearmen crashed into my lines...as their javelin skirmishers peppered my men from behind the mob and their general remained back by the ballistas, commiting much later after the battle was already decided.

If this is what the sally-out script is doing then I'm very impressed so far, but in other aspects of siege warfare the AI's behavior can get a bit flaky. However, all in good time eh?

@TheJigglymonkey

Interesting, this was not scripted though, it's regular behaviour based on battle AI settings.
    Sally-out script is far more surprising when it fires .

Regards

really?

what would be the best way to test the sally-out script, G5? I'm very curious to see what the AI might have in store for me (ps. will the BAI switcher disrupt the sally-out script in anyway?)

Nope, BAI switcher doesn't disrupt anything.

Generally the "recipe" is: get besieged, make sure your garrison is more than 2x weaker than AI's army, wait until it builds siege equipment ( 3-4 pieces for cities, 4-5 for castles - depending on size) and then sally out.

Regards

Byg's Avatar Read The Manual
    Patrician

I haven't been able to try anything you have done since the original october release compilation mod as I am reluctant to abandon my excellent campaign, but I thought I'd better check with you that it would indeed require a new campaign or if some things could be used.

NEW BGR V 20150324! . . . . . . . .. . . .BGRIV_E

So you don't have a version of my AI with scripts running via advisor then (as opposed to stakes script running via campaign file)? Just making sure, I'm not 100% on that "since the original october release" part.

Regards