Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of ATG Spartans

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Return of ATG Spartans

Here's a quick guide to using xpak: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpo...12&postcount=4
    Here is a much longer guide for adding new units. You might want to check out step 4: http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=51750

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

I love the ATG spartan skin, i love it, you guys did a great job
    2 questions
    1. how do i get all the spartans to be played, like all the different units
    2. could i change the unit card
    plz tell me how to do this, i love this skin!

Spartan1015: I'm glad you like ATG's work. For both questions check the post above. To use all the skins and models at once you will need to creat two new units (either that or use them for other units like hoplites and armoured hoplites). The links in the post above also contain details on how to make the UI cards show up in game.

Ok, i finished what you said but it shows a black peasant thing............
    I love ATG's work! I wish he was here to actually post or pm, i want to speak to him!
    ATG=Best :original:
    Last edited by Spartan1015; April 21, 2006 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasioTheGreat
    I checked out my old spartan mod to see how I handled the unit card issue. I noticed that you only have to modify 3 more text files in order to make the new unit info cards work. The additional files are:
    -export_descr_unit_enums.txt
    -export_descr_unit.txt
    -export_units.txt

I am going to redo the readme to include the extra steps. How does 2 options sound? 1)- Easy install, I'll provide the modified text files. This will obviously only be for those that have a clean (un-modded) install. 2)- I'll list the additional steps in the readme to do it manually.

DBH, if you have a chance let me know if you think the steps mentioned below are ok. I'm not able to test it right now because my install is screwed due to some tinkering...but I remember it worked fine with my old mod.

In the meantime here are the additional steps:

-Locate the file named: export_descr_unit_enums.txt located in your Activision\Rome - Total War\Data folder. Open up the file with notepad and change all 3 greek_hoplite_spartan instances to this:

greek_hoplite_atg_spartan
    greek_hoplite_atg_spartan_descr
    greek_hoplite_atg_spartan_descr_short
    (Use the Find feature in notepad to make your life easier)

-Save when done.

-Locate the file named: export_units.txt located in your Activision\Rome - Total War\Data\text folder. Again, make the same changes as above to all instances of greek_hoplite_spartan.
    Here is what it should look like (changes in bold):

{greek_hoplite_atg_spartan} Spartan Hoplites

{greek_hoplite_atg_spartan_descr}
    Beyond Elite!\nDisciplined\nVery Hardy\nCan Form Phalanx\nSapping Ability\n\nSpartan hoplites are trained from infancy to be nothing but soldiers. They are 'perfect soldiers' and nothing else. All of Spartan life is spent training for war. Weaklings perish soon after birth; youths are taught to thieve and terrorize the slave class to harden them; young men are taught nothing unless it has something to do with the arts of war - even music and dance are there only to help keep step when marching and obeying orders.\n\nThe result is a man who thinks nothing of danger, expects to win, and creates a sense of dread in his opponents.\n\nSpartans fight in the traditional fashion as hoplites, carrying a long thrusting spear and the large round hoplon shield, and as a phalanx: a close-packed mass of men moving as one to crush their enemies.\n\nIf they have a weakness it is that they are hide-bound traditionalists, and the once-mighty state of Sparta has not moved with the times.

{greek_hoplite_atg_spartan_descr_short}
    Spartan hoplites are trained from infancy to be nothing but soldiers. They are 'perfect soldiers' and nothing else.

-Save the file.

-Locate the file named: export_descr_unit.txt located in your Activision\Rome - Total War\Data folder. Find the greek_hoplite_spartan instance found right after the word dictionary and change it to the bolded text below:

type greek hoplite spartan <--------------Do NOT change this line!
    dictionary greek_hoplite_atg_spartan ; Spartan Hoplites

-Save & Done.

EDIT: Make sure to change the name of the unit cards to:
    GREEK_HOPLITE_ATG_SPARTAN_INFO.tga
    #GREEK_HOPLITE_ATG_SPARTAN.tga

This is just a temp fix...I'll make a new installer tomorrow.
    is this for all the SPARTANS?
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

O wait, i figured the problem myself YAY, when you rename the UI dont put in the TGA., Thanx for all your help ATG and DBH. Your the greatest skinners of all time! Thanx a lot for all your help!
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Does anyone know if there are ATG spartan unit cards

Yep, unit cards are included in the download.

I love this mod so much, "WHY IS IT SO HARD TO TALK TO THE COOL PPL such as: Dimebagho and ATG lol"
    so anything coming up with the greek mod you have
    Question: How can i get athenian archers and greek elephants from the greek mod to the RTW im playing....... and that guide to make new units, it doesnt work, it boots me.................. so can you give me two guides?
    i still cant belive i fixed my problem with the UI

DEAR ATG.
    I am using RTR version 6.2. Would your spartans work in this MOD? I have already downloaded your files and understand how to load them. Used them in RTW and they looked fantastic!!!!

Yes they work in that mod...

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Do they? I thought ATG's spartans overwrote several files which RTR changes?
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

to use in RTR i think u have to manually do it from a previously installed ATG spartan pack thats what i had to do
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Ill tell you how, 1 sec.
    Last edited by Spartan1015; May 01, 2006 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Need to Tell

Quote Originally Posted by A$$A$$IN
    Ok first, run the .exe for whatever version you want (I used the red one)

Then go into your descr_model_battle.txt and find the spartian hoplite entry (search for "spartan" and it should be the first match).

change the lines to look like this (the only lines I have changed are the ones in red, also if you used a different holpite version you will need to change this to match your version, which it shows you in the readme):

(for some reason I cant get the spacing to show up correctly)

And you also have to change the unit card to replace the old one, to do this go into your UI folder (Rome - Total War/Data/UI) and open the "UNITS" folder. Then go into the "GREEK_CITIES" folder and find the #GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga and rename this to "#RTR_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga" )this replaces the RTR unit card with the new one (You will probable have to delete the #RTR spartan hoplite file before you can rename the new one).

Now you need to do the same thing for the unit info card (Go back to the UI folder and open the "UNIT INFO" folder and do the same process). But this time, rename the new file "RTR_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga" after you delete the rtr version.
    if you dont understand
    here:
    type greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos
    skeleton fs_spearman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_atg_redspartan.tga
    texture slave, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/greek_spartan_hoplite.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_h.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_m.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_l.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_vl.cas, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.sp r
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.sp r
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    thats how

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Ah, i though the exe installed a modified version of descr_model_battle.txt, thats why i thought it would be incompatible with RTR.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

yep, whens ATG getting back i waited like a month.

He hasnt been around for months so i wouldnt hold u breath waiting for him... there was a reason for his absense but i cant remember what it was

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

For the record;
    Last Activity: 04-25-2006 04:58 PM

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

oh is that all... thought it was much longer than that did he come back and I did not notice?