Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of ATG Spartans

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

ATG needs to return....anyone know where he went?
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hHoplite
    ATG needs to return....anyone know where he went?
    yeah I have to ask him a question about the unit cards for the ATG Spartans because they dont appear no matter what! I PM like 2 days ago and he hasn't answer.

i pmed his like three weeks ago and he has not read it yet

Default I wonder if hes

I wonder if hes making another skin for the spartans or new units

I send e-mail to Anastasio the great a week ago to ask him a permission about something but he have not answer yet!!!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Quote Originally Posted by AztecMx
    yeah I have to ask him a question about the unit cards for the ATG Spartans because they dont appear no matter what! I PM like 2 days ago and he hasn't answer.
    I can answer that, I think it is because you just reskinned the spartan unit, a lot of times, the UI doesnt work for just reskins, you need to make a new unit with the skin and attach the UI card to there, cause with just the reskin, the original UI card takes over that postition, or you can rename the original unit card and name the new unit card to the original unit card's name.

Those skins are GREAT !
    I don't wanna sound ungrateful but there is one lil thing that you should correct: as i recall, Spartans had a bronze chest shield, so if you could do this, your skins will be totaly historically accurate.
    I hope you will listen to my prays 'cos i admire your work and energy you gave to all of us.
    Sorry for my bad English
    Once again: GREAT WORK !

Oh and one question if I may?
    Where i can TURN OFF cheering of Spartan units before the battle.
    WHY ? - you all ask
    The reason i ask this is a fact that Spartans never cheeared before battle, they had philosophy about fear.
    Phobia-something (i can;t remeber) anyway....... they sad if someone is cheering before battle, he was possessed by a "false courage" as they called it. Instead the would sing in the middle of a battle as enemy charged on them. Weird isn't it ? And if someone goes beserk on battlefield and starts killing enemy like madman, the would say that he was possessed (by anger or fear of dying).Like i sad they had whole philosophy about fear and tha'ts why I ask if anyone can help me on this.
    Last edited by El Muerte; August 03, 2005 at 07:05 AM.

what is the problem???
    "O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti täde keimetha tois keinon rhämasi peithomenoi!"

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell hungarian warrior

what is the problem???
    Yesterday I encountered the same problem with both the VP an HP version of the Spartans. I can't say whether it was right from the beginning as when I played I only looked at them from a greater distance in battle. Reinstalling the skins or using another graphic setting didn't change anything. I hope someone can help.
    This is what my Spartans look like: hands and feet are missing, the Lambda on the shield is somehow distorted and the plume has no depth.
    Besides, I have just realized sreenshots just result in black pictures... could there be a connection?

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

ATG i just want to replace the RTR model adn skin with your amazing 1nes, how do ido that..

A$$A$$IN's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by {nF}remix
    ATG i just want to replace the RTR model adn skin with your amazing 1nes, how do ido that..
    Ok first, run the .exe for whatever version you want (I used the red one)

Then go into your descr_model_battle.txt and find the spartian hoplite entry (search for "spartan" and it should be the first match).

change the lines to look like this (the only lines I have changed are the ones in red, also if you used a different holpite version you will need to change this to match your version, which it shows you in the readme):

type greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos
    skeleton fs_spearman, fs_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture greek_cities, data/models_unit/textures/unit_greek_atg_redspartan.tga
    texture slave, data/RTR/models_unit/textures/greek_spartan_hoplite.tga
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_h.cas, 15
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_m.cas, 30
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_l.cas, 40
    model_flexi data/models_unit/unit_greek_atg_redspartan_vl.cas, max
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, data/RTR/sprites/greek_cities_greek_hoplite_spartan_pylos_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    (for some reason I cant get the spacing to show up correctly)

And you also have to change the unit card to replace the old one, to do this go into your UI folder (Rome - Total War/Data/UI) and open the "UNITS" folder. Then go into the "GREEK_CITIES" folder and find the #GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga and rename this to "#RTR_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga" )this replaces the RTR unit card with the new one (You will probable have to delete the #RTR spartan hoplite file before you can rename the new one).

Now you need to do the same thing for the unit info card (Go back to the UI folder and open the "UNIT INFO" folder and do the same process). But this time, rename the new file "RTR_GREEK_HOPLITE_SPARTAN.tga" after you delete the rtr version.

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

ty so much man! now i can play the greeks knowing that my spartans whol will take rome will not looks like cavemen

k now i just need some matching sprites
    Last edited by {nF}remix; August 04, 2005 at 06:35 PM.

Sorry for not responding to the many pm's and posts regarding my spartans...I appreciate all the interest.

My mother passed away not long after I completed these spartans...I couldn't even think about touching a computer in months. After a long recovery I am slowly getting back into things. I am currently in the process of moving to a different state...once the move is completed I'll correct the small issue with the unit cards and upload the newer version....then its on to a new project. Hopefully BI will spark some new interest in me and I'll make some new units, although for some reason I am only interested in the Greek faction..we will see.

-ATG

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasioTheGreat
    Sorry for not responding to the many pm's and posts regarding my spartans...I appreciate all the interest.

My mother passed away not long after I completed these spartans...I couldn't even think about touching a computer in months. After a long recovery I am slowly getting back into things. I am currently in the process of moving to a different state...once the move is completed I'll correct the small issue with the unit cards and upload the newer version....then its on to a new project. Hopefully BI will spark some new interest in me and I'll make some new units, although for some reason I am only interested in the Greek faction..we will see.

-ATG
    Hi ATG,

If I only could find the correct words in english for this....this is really touching and if there's a way we/I could help you, just say it. I totally understand that you had to make a break. Be strong, mate! You got my condolence...if you want it.

But you're probably right, maybe deflection with other things is the best for you know.

So, what about making some greeks that can compete with your spartans? I think of hoplites, armored hoplites and maybe some phalangites for the macedonians. That would be great.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Of course we completly understand and im sure I speak for everyone when I say we look forward to your return , and yeah i agree i prefer skinning Greeks for some reason.
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

i second Godzilla's notions. If we can do anything to help I am willing and also I express my condolences for your mother.

However, If you were to skin again, Like Godzilla, I would like to see some of your amazing talents put towards regular hopites and armored hoplites. That would be simply amazing. Thanks again and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Liscom
    Yesterday I encountered the same problem with both the VP an HP version of the Spartans. I can't say whether it was right from the beginning as when I played I only looked at them from a greater distance in battle. Reinstalling the skins or using another graphic setting didn't change anything. I hope someone can help.
    This is what my Spartans look like: hands and feet are missing, the Lambda on the shield is somehow distorted and the plume has no depth.
    Besides, I have just realized sreenshots just result in black pictures... could there be a connection?
    Hey guys, the problem is simply you dont have unit shaders on. If you turn those on in the graphics menu, you will have perfect spartans.

hello

yes you are my condolence
    the life is difficult in this moment, but good luck for the future, the life continued

ps : your models are very good and I'm happy to slinning it

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Um. I have a question. These skins are awesome, but after I DL it, and try to extract it, it says the file is corrupted. I've tried it 3-4 times now. Any suggestions?

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by AnastasioTheGreat

-ATG

Zoi se sas file. Na 'sai kala.
    Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time