Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Return of ATG Spartans

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Default Re: Return of ATG Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by spirit_of_rob
    oh is that all... thought it was much longer than that did he come back and I did not notice?
    Apperently , allthought his latest post were made in dec last year it seems like he's keeping an eye on this thread.
    So ATG ig you're reading this; your spartan are just awesome!

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

Does anyone have the time to make me a guide to make an officer thats a HP SPARTAN?
    i want the officer leading the VP units
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

There are tutorials out there that will work for this. An officer is the same as any unit, he has his own text in the descr_model_battle like other units and the model+skin files are all in the same place as other units, so there should be no real need of making another tutorial. Merely apply the concepts of existing tutorials to your problem (trust me, try it - its not that much different and I bet you will be surprised how easy it is)

i couldnt find the tutorial, mine giving me a link

edit:i figured the problem, is there a sword Hp version, no spear?
    Last edited by Spartan1015; May 04, 2006 at 05:16 AM.
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Spartan1015: Sorry i missed this question. I think you can find what you are looking for in XGM. I have the Spartan Royal Guard set up with VP troops and an HP officer.

I have the hp officer of XGM with a spear, but he doesnt seem to go with the phalanx, do u have a Hp officer that has a sword? and a flag, like a bearer

The unit_greek_spartan_hoplite_officer_*.CAS models should have sword and shield, but no standard.

but when i want to use the hp officer, that i have, HE ONLY USES HIS SPEAR! no sword....

Zuwxiv's Avatar Bear Claus

Bar none the best spartans! I love them. I'm even distributing them to friends right now, with my own Lost Briton Units mod.

Edit: Not like selling them, I'm just giving some of my favorite modifications to some of my friends.

Currently worshipping Necrobrit *********** Thought is Quick
    I'm back for the TWCrack

Can anyone make a UI for a ATG SPARTAN VP on a generals horse. I would really appreciate it if somone make a unitcard that looks good.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

there are several good tutorials on making unit cards and the wonderful free program that is gimp. I recommend you give it a try.

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

Actually, in the "Re: Creating a new skin using GIMP" thread he said he already got GIMP, so in fact he is already half way there! But really, browse the tutorials section first please. Then you can be the one helping others

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Does he still work for this?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

wow, where has ATG GONE TO! *cries* i wish ATG was back!

Can I use these on multiplayer without it causing problems?

Sovereign: I don't think you will be able to play multiplayer with these installed - unless you want to play against someone who has exactly the same mods in place.

Yes, u can, cus the look of the Spartans is only changed on ur PC and others u play with just see them normal. I had this with other games too.

Turns out that as long as you keep the file names the same, everything should work.

DBH, do u know when ATG gettin back. we all really want to talk to him

Racer X's Avatar Ordinarius

It really is a pity. This mod looks like a lot of work was put into it, but it's not even historically accurate. The Spartans didn't wear linothorax, ever. And if they did, then we know absolutely nothing of it. The fact that they wore bronze cuirasses well into the 5th century while other city-states didn't is one of the things that seperated them from, say, Athens or Korinth.

So while it's a very pretty mod, I think the units would look much better with sculptured cuirasses rather than linothorax.