Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.02 (Bug Fix 4/22/09)

Could you possibly edit your startpos to have 4 turn years? i'm enjoying using your mod but would love to lengthen the game a bit (i have no clue how to do it)

nm did a quick search and hexed it myself it wasnt actually hard at all
    Last edited by Skellionz; April 26, 2009 at 12:55 AM.

If we had our own forum that will be great.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Alright guys, to give us more places to work, I've created 2 new threads in the Wips, Ideas, and Proposals area. One is for Uniforms, the other for SFX. We can take more ideas and stuff there. This way, the people who are actually working get to talk to the fans and update them more easily).

Uniform Thread (Led by Smatussek1): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253928

Sound Effects/Music Thread (Led by Ruzenqures): http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253931

So you guys now have your own threads to post in. Hopefully this makes us more efficient and we can get more ideas from people.

Enjoy!

Any chance of compatibility with Quixote's Imperial Splendour?

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    It's because of the Startpos.esf file I think. Does the custom battle factions unlocker include a startpos? If it does, send it to me and I'll edit it for you.

Nop the unlocker is a modified patch.pack (old mod). Maybe there's an other custom unlocker that will be compatible with your mod, in that case I'd be glad to hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pares View Post
    Any chance of compatibility with Quixote's Imperial Splendour?
    I've PM'ed Quixote and Posted in his thread for permission to make a custom StartPos but he has not responded yet. Hopefully if more members on his Hosted Mod Forums ask for it, he'll start to pay attention. He could be inactive at the moment as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatFK View Post
    Nop the unlocker is a modified patch.pack (old mod). Maybe there's an other custom unlocker that will be compatible with your mod, in that case I'd be glad to hear about it.
    Hmm... Point me to the thread where the mod is downloaded and I'll see if I can figure out why.

I've PM'ed Quixote and Posted in his thread for permission to make a custom StartPos but he has not responded yet. Hopefully if more members on his Hosted Mod Forums ask for it, he'll start to pay attention. He could be inactive at the moment as well.

Hmm... Point me to the thread where the mod is downloaded and I'll see if I can figure out why.

As far as I remember, that's : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234011

Simple patch.pack. All I know is when I put regalia of nations on, that one doesn't work. That's too bad cause your mod is actually about minor factions gameplay and I can't play with both the minor factions and your beautiful flags.

I see. I know what the problem is. Our Mod affects the Faction_Db as well, and so does that patch. If you have any experience with the Pack File Manager this is easy. Open up Regalia of Nations with the Pack File Manager, go to db--> factions. Then scroll down to whatever faction you want available and click true for Early/Late Availability.

I see. I know what the problem is. Our Mod affects the Faction_Db as well, and so does that patch. If you have any experience with the Pack File Manager this is easy. Open up Regalia of Nations with the Pack File Manager, go to db--> factions. Then scroll down to whatever faction you want available and click true for Early/Late Availability.

I'm surely gonna do that.

That means I can switch back the old patch.pack right ?

Ya, the vanilla one.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Found something very intriguing, and maybe this is old news, but this is the first time I've come across it:

* Mass-Fire: replacing “Fire Volley” for Line Infantry is Mass Fire, which allows the first, second and possibly, third rank to fire at once. According to Vanilla files, it was meant to make fire-volley obsolete and was for some reason skipped out over technology wise. I increased the reload modifier for both it and rank_fire, so as to allow Line Infantry a greater lethality against irregular units.
    With IS or vanilla, European Line Infantry use volley fire - Only the very first rank fires, and does so sporatically. Mass Fire makes the first, second and possibly third (It's hard to tell whether it's a placebo, like Platoon firing's third rank, or real) ranks all fire roughly simultaneously (with some delay), though it also makes the unit spread out a little bit (like Platoon firing does).
    From Ahiga's minimod for IS: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=253857

Could we get mass-fire enabled in Regalia? Might be a nice way to break into gameplay modification.

I don't know if I want to change Gameplay. When the mod changes gameplay as well we might lose people who otherwise would have downloaded it. Regalia is meant to be a graphical mod, making the game look and sound better.

sgt_melin's Avatar Semisalis

I don't know if I want to change Gameplay. When the mod changes gameplay as well we might lose people who otherwise would have downloaded it. Regalia is meant to be a graphical mod, making the game look and sound better.

I must agree with you, stick to only graphical , gamleplay mod are the a whole bunch of, but not just a graphical mod, I hope for uniforms to and more great stuff, but please...no gameplay stuff.

Next update should occur soon. Ruzenqures has finished his muskets. I will make a Comparison video for the musket sounds and then upload the v 1.0 of Regalia SFX.

Maybe on next update you could hear something different in campaign map too...
    ***surprise***
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.1 (New Musket Sounds added!) Updated 4/27/09

Updated with Ruzenqures Musket Effects. Check First post. Let us know what you think.

Updated with Ruzenqures Musket Effects. Check First post. Let us know what you think.

Im not happy with them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_melin View Post
    Im not happy with them at all.
    Ok, how can we make them better?

Ok, how can we make them better?

They , at least for me, dont sounds real, it sound to modern...ah..hard to explain sound, but I didnt get the right feeling if you get my drift, But i thought you should only have grafical stuff in the mod? shall you do sound to?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_melin View Post
    They , at least for me, dont sounds real, it sound to modern...ah..hard to explain sound, but I didnt get the right feeling if you get my drift, But i thought you should only have grafical stuff in the mod? shall you do sound to?
    We are doing sound as well. But all Different types of things will be in seperate files. So if you only want to download flags, download that pack. Uniforms, a different pack. Same with sounds. We want this mod to be fully customizable with people's tastes. Also, Ruzenqures thinks that the v 1.0 sounds have too much bass (which is my fault as I suggested adding bass), so we're probably going to get another update for the sound soon making them have less bass and they should sound better.
    Last edited by Aykis16; April 27, 2009 at 08:42 AM.