Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.02 (Bug Fix 4/22/09)

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Some Austrian Line Infantry, 1756:

Austrian Line, 1720:

Austrian Artillerymen, 1762:

http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...all&col_id=206

That link had the previous pictures, and tons more. Great source, and plenty more Austrians there too.

I also found this one:
    http://nba-sywtemplates.blogspot.com/

It doesn't provide actual illustrations, but has tons of colorized templates. It's worth a look too, and has a lot of Minor factions.
    Wow, this is excellent thank you! The last link will help me work on Hannover especially, but austria comes first.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Shoot the 1756 Line isn't showing up... I prefer their uniform to the 1720 one above, and plus I think I like the Seven Years' War stuff better when its available. I'll try to get the link to work...

EDIT:
    1756 (Seven Years' War) Austrian Line:

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    That last picture has a really good Austrian Officer too. I like the white gloves espeically.

I found this pic for Grenadiers Pre-1978:
    Cool, The shape of the jacket might pose difficulties, but Ill see how it goes. Gonna start with line infantry. Is there any time period I should restrict to? I think 7 seven years war era and after would probably be the best since the models in the game best fit that time period.

Shoot the 1756 Line isn't showing up... I prefer their uniform to the 1720 one above, and plus I think I like the Seven Years' War stuff better when its available. I'll try to get the link to work...

EDIT:
    1756 (Seven Years' War) Austrian Line:
    thanks, looks a bit similar to the one ingame but I see what needs changing: the colar, the scarf, boots, buttons and the jacketfolds. Also probably a much darker green.
    Last edited by smatussek1; April 25, 2009 at 04:01 PM. Reason: forgot something

Smatussek, Here's an invaluable resource: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Armies

Clicking on a specific Army and then a specific type of Military Unit shows the Uniform and Regimental Flags. Unfortunately its not complete, and the Austrian Infantry is especially incomplete but theres still a wealth of information to be found there.

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/tafeln/knoetel.html

This is a collection of illustrations referenced in Aykis' link above. A lot of them fall well after our timeframe, and its not in English unfortunately, but its not too hard to figure out what you're looking at.

Smatussek, Here's an invaluable resource: http://www.kronoskaf.com/syw/index.php?title=Armies

Clicking on a specific Army and then a specific type of Military Unit shows the Uniform and Regimental Flags. Unfortunately its not complete, and the Austrian Infantry is especially incomplete but theres still a wealth of information to be found there.
    Thanks this is definatly a great site for sources. Ill definatly refer to this often. I like the way they have the uniforms drawn from the side. Gives me a good overview.

http://www.grosser-generalstab.de/tafeln/knoetel.html

This is a collection of illustrations referenced in Aykis' link above. A lot of them fall well after our timeframe, and its not in English unfortunately, but its not too hard to figure out what you're looking at.
    Thanks, this is a great source. I actually used it when I worked on the german factions. Im german so I can speak german fluently. Its not a problem.

Excellent. I've had a look at your German Flags/Uniforms mod, and the only thing that's kept me from downloading it is I'm currently fixated on the Spaniards as my faction of choice

I can't wait to see your troops in conjunction with Aykis' flags though. The German factions (and other minor factions, for that manner) are in dire need of some overhauling... man, its gonna be so great to see this mod once it has progressed far enough to include all factions.

Excellent. I've had a look at your German Flags/Uniforms mod, and the only thing that's kept me from downloading it is I'm currently fixated on the Spaniards as my faction of choice

I can't wait to see your troops in conjunction with Aykis' flags though. The German factions (and other minor factions, for that manner) are in dire need of some overhauling... man, its gonna be so great to see this mod once it has progressed far enough to include all factions.
    I agree with you I have a good feeling about this mod. Theres alot of factions though, so Im itll definatly take a while till all thats done.

I really wish I could actively contribute, but I have zero skills as far as modding and graphic arts. I would've given learning some basics over the summer a shot, but I actually have a couple research positions I need to look into this summer at a hospital, and if I land one of them, my time will be severely constrained

I'm also looking into learning to alter uniforms so hopefully I can find someone who can explain it to me. The Gloss Maps especially, confuse me. As do the fact some nations don't even have a texture pack.

Also, I've been contacted by someone who is starting a Mod Archive and wants to give us our own forum. So that will be nice. We can use that forum for Posting our Research and stuff and use this one to update the fans.

Awesome, that'll be perfect for keeping our stuff organized.

I'm also looking into learning to alter uniforms so hopefully I can find someone who can explain it to me. The Gloss Maps especially, confuse me. As do the fact some nations don't even have a texture pack.

Also, I've been contacted by someone who is starting a Mod Archive and wants to give us our own forum. So that will be nice. We can use that forum for Posting our Research and stuff and use this one to update the fans.
    What I know about the Gloss Map is that from what Ive learned working on textures, is that each faction is given a certain color which is applied to all units. The gloss map indicates where the color should be applied, using a specific shade of blue (Im not sure what the other colors represent). This is why all the textures in the original game are white. For example all Line Infantry for the minor european factions share the same diffuse texture, normal map and gloss map its just some command giving them the right color. This is what I did with the red coat for the hannoverian line infantry, since they already had the right color.
    Once again I might be completly wrong. Its just how I interpret it from experience.

Hey, whatever works. Your troops look great after all!

Hey, whatever works. Your troops look great after all!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    thanks
    What's the normal map do? And how do you figure out the Faction Color? Whatever the game already has?

What's the normal map do? And how do you figure out the Faction Color? Whatever the game already has?
    The normal map, creates the smaller 3D details on the unit like where the folds are on the coat and the buttons etc. They work with certain colors indicating X, Y and Z (you know on a 3 dimensional axis). Im not sure exactly how to create new ones, neither do I know exactly how they work, I just know I have a tool that can edit them in GIMP.
    I must be honest I dont know how to modify the faction color. I just color the diffuse texture and create a blank gloss map for most of my uniforms. Many modders do it like this.

I love this mod but when I load it, the custom battle factions unlocker doesn't work ! I'm back with the old vanilla factions only. Maybe there's something you can do ? Keep up the good work !

Quote Originally Posted by BeatFK View Post
    I love this mod but when I load it, the custom battle factions unlocker doesn't work ! I'm back with the old vanilla factions only. Maybe there's something you can do ? Keep up the good work !
    It's because of the Startpos.esf file I think. Does the custom battle factions unlocker include a startpos? If it does, send it to me and I'll edit it for you.