Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Regalia of Nations v 3.5 (Flags, Sounds, Uniforms, Effects Mod) Discussion Thread (Updated 7/06/09)

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.02 (Bug Fix 4/22/09)

The current installation is just flags, so you're safe installing this version.

Aykis, I feel like this concern will probably be voice by a lot of the future users of the mod. Perhaps we should consider a "Regalia of Nations" mod, which is the all-inclusive mod you were planning, but also release a "Regalia Flag Pack" separately for people who want to play vanilla with the Regalia flags. We basically already have said "Flag Pack" in this and various other threads, but perhaps we should offer both versions of the mod under the umbrella "Regalia" mod name.
    Last edited by Kip; April 23, 2009 at 06:42 PM.

I've realized this before, and have already come up with a plan. Since we're going to have so many features theres going to be several options.

Since sound effects and uniforms will be included in the next update, there will be THREE different files. The file currently called Regalia.pack will be changed to RegaliaFlags.pack, Sound Effects will go in RegaliaSFX.pack, Music in RegaliaMusic.pack, Uniforms in RegaliaUniforms.pack and so on. This will give our users much better customization and I'm sure a few will go for the full Regalia Experience.

Lovely. That's the way to go, I think. The Mod Manager is such a great tool, and I think that's going to be the future of ETW modding: customizing.

sweet. thanks for thinking about us users!!!!

Hey not a problem. The mods for you not us.

Also Kippy, what do you think about this as a flag for a Pirate Republic. It's the flag of Christopher Condent:

That's actually my favorite one for a pirate republic... I think the three skulls-and-crossbones is a good symbol of republican rule-by-the-many (as much as you'd ever see in a bunch o' scurvy dogs!). I like yours a lot better than the version I posted on page 2; the one I found was kinda sloppy lookin'.

On a separate note:

Savoyard Regimental Colors

Here are some really nice Savoyard regimental colors; they're dated to the wars of Louis XIV, which range slightly before our time-frame, but since he ruled until 1715 its possible they flew within our time-frame as well.

hey

nice mod you got going here

i want to use this with IS mod, how do i do that without replacing Quixote's startpost.esf file?
    thanks
    "After that business with hydrophobic invasion forces in Empire: Total War, it's impossible to sit down to review a new Creative Assembly creation without anxiety. Will I miss some grievous bug and end up looking like an arse? Should I sprinkle my paragraphs with verbal get-out clauses like 'appears to', 'from what I saw' and 'on the whole'? Am I destined to be remembered as the critic that failed to notice that all the horses in Shogun 2 only have three legs? It can reach the point where you wonder if you'd be better off phoning-in sick and letting the poisoned chalice pass to another poor blighter."

We'll be releasing Darth and IS compatible Startpos.esf in the future. Right now you can still use it, you just won't get alternate government flags for the Minor nations if you choose to use Quixote's startpos.

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.01

Quote Originally Posted by Aykis16 View Post
    Some Preliminary pics of flags we're working on for the update. Let me know what you guys think. These are definitely not final versions and I'd really appreciate feedback. This mod is for you guys.

Greece (Monarchy):
    I thing is a wrong flag for the first years of Monarchy in Greece (The above flag was used after 1870)

The below flag is more historical accurate (1833 - 1862)

or with this in the middle

Also after Greek War of Independence, Greece was a republic under London Protocol, Head of State was Ioannis Kapodistrias in 1827.....Monarchy came later (1832).

Respect for your work and thanx for the mod,
    I waiting for the coming new version

Default Re: Regalia of Nations v 1.01

I realize Greece was a Republic after the Greek War of Independence (I'm Greek too ), but for some reason, the game makes them start out as a Monarchy (stupid). Since this mod doesn't change gameplay, I merely changed the Greek Vanilla Flag to one of the first Monarch Flags. I will take your suggestion on the Monarch flag into consideration though.

How about Turkey's flag?
    you guys gona add Turkey's flag too?
    Last edited by ruzenqures; April 24, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
    ETW MODS
    To pick your own research, construction and recruitment time > Power of X
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flags, sounds, uniforms, effects mod > Regalia of Nations

Republic of Turkey

Don't forget to put Turkish rebels(Rumelia and Anatolia) too
    Here some pictures:
    ETW MODS
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turkey's Flag is already in the game. It's the Ottoman Republic Flag.

Which uniforms are you planning on incorporating, Aykis? Might I suggest a semi-partnership with Remo? His complete retexturing of the Ottomans is fantastic, and he's currently working on an overhaul of the Prussians. Also, waronmars' Spaniards can't be beat at the moment, and Boicote has a great reimaging of the Portuguese (that I'm hoping he'll release as a stand alone mod).

Oh and by the way, are there any factions in particular which you'd like me to aim at for more battalion flag ideas? I thought the Savoyard ones I found were pretty nice, but I didn't think to check the current in-game flag to see if it needed improvement first, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Which uniforms are you planning on incorporating, Aykis? Might I suggest a semi-partnership with Remo? His complete retexturing of the Ottomans is fantastic, and he's currently working on an overhaul of the Prussians. Also, waronmars' Spaniards can't be beat at the moment, and Boicote has a great reimaging of the Portuguese (that I'm hoping he'll release as a stand alone mod).

Oh and by the way, are there any factions in particular which you'd like me to aim at for more battalion flag ideas? I thought the Savoyard ones I found were pretty nice, but I didn't think to check the current in-game flag to see if it needed improvement first, lol.
    Lol Kippy. I've contacted Waronmars and Remo about joining the Regalia team. Remo's response was that he didn't have time at the moment but we were free to use his skins as long as credit is given. Because of that I'm planning on releasing the full Ottoman Retexture in the next update. As for Waronmars he has not responded yet but that might be due to the fact that his last account activity was on April 20th and I sent him an invite on April 21st. So I still need to hear back from him.

I probably will ask Boicote as well, thanks for the suggestion. His work with Portugal and those new factions look great.

As for Battalion Flags, I could really use some help finding Dutch Battalion Flags for a Republic. Clear ones too, not the little war games ones, because those are almost impossible to use unless your a graphic artist yourself. I haven't seemed to be able to find anything good for them yet.

Alright, I'll be on the lookout for republican Dutch flags. I apologize for the tiny pictures I've been providing lately... I'm actually not searching for wargames flags in particular, but they tend to come up in my searches because there isn't a huge following for eighteenth century military history except for in reenactment and hobby clubs. Of course, the best option would be actual literature, but I can't get my hands on any of that until this weekend (and even then there's no guarentee it'll be anything applicable). I'll continue linking to any wargames flags just to get a visual, but I know they're quite useless as is lol. If the pictures were just zoomed in more...

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Alright, I'll be on the lookout for republican Dutch flags. I apologize for the tiny pictures I've been providing lately... I'm actually not searching for wargames flags in particular, but they tend to come up in my searches because there isn't a huge following for eighteenth century military history except for in reenactment and hobby clubs. Of course, the best option would be actual literature, but I can't get my hands on any of that until this weekend (and even then there's no guarentee it'll be anything applicable). I'll continue linking to any wargames flags just to get a visual, but I know they're quite useless as is lol. If the pictures were just zoomed in more...
    A Good source I use is kronoskaf.com on the Seven Years War. Unfortunately he doesn't have Dutch Flags up yet. Or I haven't found them.

Sent some fx to you Aykis16
    ETW MODS

I haven't had a look at the Hanover battalion flags, but I came across this searching for Dutch ones and I quite like it:

Just in case you needed one for Hanover.

That's from a wargaming site (again ), but at least its big and detailed. These ones aren't so great, but they are Dutch, and perhaps they can confirm something you've seen in your own research:
    http://www.warflag.com/flags/wss/wssholland.shtml

EDIT:

http://www.leagueofaugsburg.com/figh...opic.php?t=517

This source says you're safe using the Dutch national flag as the battalion flag for land battles.. however, perhaps we could overlay it with some sort of national symbol to differentiate it a bit. I'm still searching for an actual image of a regimental color though...
    Last edited by Kip; April 24, 2009 at 05:53 PM.