Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Programs to keep your PC spinning

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: Programs to keep your PC spinning

It does say:
    Possibly unknown NEW Heur_PE virus (if my dutch is still up to speed)
    As a matter of interest: What is the full name of the virus program? Never heard of it before.

Note: if the program is any good, then you should be able to submit files that should be ok but cause an alarm (that's a false positive) to the publishers.

Groenepuntmuts's Avatar Miles

Yep, that's what it says, possibly unknown newheur_PE virus.

I don't know what a newheur_PE virus is though.

it also says "the event was triggered by a file created by c/user/local/temp/asc_tmp"

I think I let nod32 remove the program, and I simply continued the setup anyway, and the program works.
    but it's still a bit curious...

Currently downloading some of them while having to wait for that . Anyway, I hope they're not for a limited time though. If they work well, I'll be very happy since Kingdoms on my PC has a bit of lag in the long run.
    Last edited by irishron; August 12, 2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: cracks mentioned.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Quote Originally Posted by Damaris View Post
    Currently downloading some of them while having to wait for that . Anyway, I hope they're not for a limited time though. If they work well, I'll be very happy since Kingdoms on my PC has a bit of lag in the long run.
    May have only said it in jest but I had to edit your post. Such discussion is against the ToS anytime.

Think Kingdoms lags now? A couple of the mods will cripple your computer then.

Thanks for posting these m8.

Proud creator of the original describe the person above you thread in '09.
    Also proud ragequitter.

Great thread. A question about Game Booster: what does Clean & Boost PC option does? I'm quite of a noob, so I'll rather ask before doing something potentialy irreversible...
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Some nice programs defiantly worth downloading
    Last edited by Alex-ander; June 29, 2010 at 01:01 AM.

A couple of more free Softwares(Windows only)

System Related
    :-
    GPU-Zinfo:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    It is a lightweight utility designed to give you all information about your video card and GPU.

Prime 95 v24.14info:
    Popular system stability test program.

Orthos Stress Prime 2004info:
    Used for stressing CPU in order to check it stability. Extremely useful when u want to test a Overclocked CPU.

MemTest86+info:
    Memtest86+ is a comprehensive stand-alone memory diagnostic program that you boot from at startup to test your RAM. You can download a ISO file to burn to DVD to boot with, or a floppy disk package installable from Windows to a USB flash drive or floppy disk to boot with.

Windows Applications:-
    Avast Free Antivirus v5.0..info:
    Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.

Recuvainfo:
    Recuva is a utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!

Shell ExViewinfo:
    This is an excellent tool to view and manage all installed shell extensions. If available, it displays the description, as well as version details, company information, location, file name and more. You can optionally disable or enable any item. This can be very useful to disable an extension that you do not need or that has been left behind in your right click context menu from a previous software install.

TeraCopyinfo:

TeraCopy is a compact program designed to copy and move files at the maximum possible speed, providing the user with a lot of features.

Unlocker v1.9.0info:
    is a utility program used to help you delete a file that you get one of these errror messages on:

• Cannot delete file: Access is denied
    • There has been a sharing violation.
    • The source or destination file may be in use.
    • The file is in use by another program or user.
    • Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

Blue Screen View info:
    BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file description, and file version). For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane. BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.

Advanced System Care Free v3.6.1info:
    Protect, repair, optimize, and clean your computer in one click.

Revo Uninstaller v1.89info:
    Revo Uninstaller is a freeware innovative uninstall utility much faster than Windows Add/Remove applet. With its advanced and fast algorithm, Revo Uninstaller scans before and after you uninstall an application. After the program's regular uninstaller runs, you can remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over on your computer. Even if you have a broken installation, Revo Uninstaller scans for an application's data on your hard disk drives and in the Windows registry and shows all found files, folders and registry items so you can delete them.

Quick StartUpv2.80info:-
    Quick StartUp organizes applications that auto-run using Registry, Startup folders in the Start menu and Win.ini file.

Hardware info Related
    All-CPU-Meter v3.0info:
    With this All CPU Meter Gadget you can display your Processor usage (Sixteen Core, Twelve Core, Eight Core, Six Core, Quad Core, Triple Core, Dual Core or Single Core), Cores temperatures and RAM usage.

HD Tune v2.55(free)info:
    HD Tune is a Hard Disk utility which has the following functions:

NOTE: Only the 2.55 HD Tune for personal use is the version.
    • Benchmark: measures the performance
    • Info: shows detailed information
    • Health: checks the health status by using SMART
    • Error Scan: scans the surface for errors
    • Temperature display

Sandra XL info:
    It should provide most of the information (including undocumented) you need to know about your hardware, software and other devices whether hardware or software.

Video Related
    Codecs
    K-Lite Codec Packinfo:
    K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codecs are required to encode and/or decode (play) audio and video. It enables thumbnails for .MKV files

Shark007 Codec packinfo:
    Pretty much works same as K-Lite but doesn't installs other players like K-lite does. It also enables thumbnails for .MKV files

Video Editing
    Any Video Converter v3.06info:
    Convert video files between popular formats. It can convert almost all video formats including DivX, XviD, MOV, RM, RMVB, MPEG, VOB, DVD, WMV, and AVI to MPEG-4 movie format for PSP or other portable video device, MP4 player, or Smartphones.

Rad video Toolsinfo:
    Provides playback support of .bik files that are used in many games. It can also convert them to desired format like .avi

Photo Editing Softwares:-
    PhotoScape v3.5info:
    PhotoScape is an all-in-one style photo editor with fun and ease of use. Major capabilities are: viewer, editor, batch editor, page, combine, animated GIF, print, splitter, screen capture, color picker, rename, raw converter, resizing, brightness/color/white-balance adjustment, backlight correction, frames, balloons, text, drawing pictures, cropping, filters, red eye removal and blooming. PhotoScape has been used for two years and is expanding its features continuously.

IrfanView v4.27info:
    IrfanView is a fast and compact image viewer/converter. It is trying to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals. It supports file formats and features. Features include: multi-language support, Thumbnail option, Painting, slideshow, toolbar skins, fast directory browsing, batch conversion/editing, multipage editing, file search, change color depth, scanning, cut/crop, IPTC edit, capturing, lossless JPG operations, effects, ICC support, EXE/SCR creating, many hotkeys, command line options and plugins.

Picasa v3.6info:
    Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager.

Miscellaneous:-
    Flash Getinfo:
    FlashGet is a download manager that uses a MHT (Multi-server Hyper-threading Transportation) technique, supports various protocols and has document management features.

Apple iTunes v9.2.1info:
    Manage your music and movie libraries on your PC, iPod or iPhone.

Apple Quick Time v7.6.6info:
    Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple's premier media player.

Youtube Downloader v2.5.6info:
    It's software that allows you to download videos from YouTube, including HD and HQ videos, and many others and convert them to other video formats. The program is easy to use, just specify the URL for the video you want to download and click the Ok. It also allows you to convert downloaded videos for iPod, iPhone, PSP, Cell Phone, Windows Media, XVid and MP3. Allows you to access YouTube videos for which you need to be 18+ years of age. Now, plays videos downloaded.

Free Youtube to MP3 Converter v3.6info:
    Do i really need to tell.

Ashampoo Burning Studio v6.77info:
    Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.

Enjoy!

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    3. Game Booster
    just be careful when you are online.
    why?
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dannyalex View Post
    why?
    That comment is outdated - the current versions handle the online connectivity very well.

i have bookmarked this page

dannyalex's Avatar Campidoctor

ok
    Most Chivalrous commander 2020-2021

i use a free total internet protection program called "Microsoft Security Essentials"

i find it alot better than avg and its free for everyone that has genuine windows!!

Quote Originally Posted by dannyxx30 View Post
    i use a free total internet protection program called "Microsoft Security Essentials"

i find it alot better than avg and its free for everyone that has genuine windows!!
    I use MSE, too.

it tells me that Unlocker is a virus !!!!!!! Should I download it ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Great_Emperor777 View Post
    What antivirus are you using? I got no such message and I just tried it.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Great_Emperor777 View Post
    most likely its your virus software is seeing it has/asking for too much access, like a virus would, thus is a danger to your computer.

If your nervous about it, don't use it, is my general suggestion. Plus for most of things like what you would use it for, if you load your computer in the msconfig mode of basic windows services only (which is like a scaled down safe mode with more computer access) you should be able to get rid of any non windows file, and if your going around deleting windows files, you know more than i do about computers, so ignore me

also to add to the list(s):
    cpu-z
    doe what gpu does, except for memory, mainboard, windows/directx info and cpu (really good for overclocking as it gives imho more exact readings than most software). Detailed descriptions and screenshots on the link page. Works with both intel and amd chips.
    http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html#whatiscpuz

dban (darik's boot and nuke)
    http://www.dban.org/
    ***Only use this after you carefully read instructions and feel fully comfortable***
    Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction. DBAN is a means of ensuring due diligence in computer recycling, a way of preventing identity theft if you want to sell a computer, and a good way to totally clean a Microsoft Windows installation of viruses and spyware.

Works better than most programs at fully deleting info off your hdd, I use it when wanting to make sure all information is gone from my hdd and unrecoverable. Its like a reformat+.

Warning: will delete windows/os.

Security Task Manager
    http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/
    Security Task Manager shows comprehensible information about programs and processes running on the computer. For each Windows process, it improves on Windows Task Manager
    Like it says its a more detailed and more powerful (full version, trial is free) version of your task manger. I use it personally to find file paths/locations of hard to find files (aka virus/trojans mostly) and to make sure everything running on my machine is what it says it is.

oh, and one other thing, I recommend running cccleaner's registry cleaner (op) in safe mode only, as it gets more and is generally safer and less likely to mess up anything if your in safe mode. Although I have never had a problem with ccleaner itself as its a pretty safe/low risk registry cleaner.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDevil View Post
    well i'll try out GB, but is there any risk if i play an online game? i alreadyrun Med2 perfectly since i added more 2Gb of ram, too bad battles still "lagg" when giant armies meet...
    When i do it in Med2 it doesnt register my saves someone plz respond quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaForce1 View Post
    When i do it in Med2 it doesnt register my saves someone plz respond quickly.
    Do you have your saves before Game Booster?

yes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast