Thread: Units from Crusader: Total War

Default Units from Crusader: Total War

First, hi to all the guys here at TWC.
    It's been a lifetime since i last posted in this boards.

I'm sure 99,99% of you never heard of me, altough you're probably using some of my models for your mod: i was the leading modeler of the old Crusader mod, in pair with the texturer, Dragases, who gave you some of my models without ever asking for any permission.

You know, the guy has never been into asking for permissions, that's the only thing that pissed me off.

But now, OF COURSE i won't say anything (after two years, I'm just glad they're still going to be used by someone ), but i'd really like to know which models Dragases gave you, and wich finally came to a use.

I was particularly proud of my Byzantine models, especially the Emperor and the Skoutatoi. Did they got ingame?

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Units from Crusader: Total War

Hi Nikophoros, Dragases as the modleader of the Crusader Total War project gave me the permission to use all CrusTW units, just since the CrusTW mod project was stopped, or better said a while after that, as i asked for permission to use a few certain units, which were then implemented with ChivTW 0.90, iirc. First far later, with recent ChivTW releases (since ChivTW 0.98), a lot more CrusTW units are implemented.

So what you internally have agreed or not agreed about is not my thing, nor an issue for the ChivTW project. And i'm sorry to hear you are "pissed off".

And another note from me in this case, along the conventions within the TW modding community: Usually a mod team member, equal what he creates within the project, agrees automatically, that his work goes over into the ownership of the mod project in the whole. So in principle there is no need to ask a creator (if he is an official mod team member) of a certain part of the mod for a permission. Means, Dragases did no mistake, unless you have forbidden internally and this really concrete, that your CrusTW unit models would ever be used outside the CrusTW project.
    Nonetheless, he could have asked you internally, if there is a recentiment on your side, before he gave a permission, yes - but it is not necessary by the usual modding conventions, if he is the official mod leader.
    This is similar to company rights, if you understand what i mean. Dragases and me agreed, that naturally Crusader TW as mod project gets the credits for used/implemented units, this is done.

This said, you can be very sure, that implemented CrusTW units are used in all honor, and credits are mentioned at different places (ingame and in the main public thread, plus if new units were previewed, always i mentioned that a unit from CrusTW is from CrusTW). The general mentioned credits go to the CrusTW mod project in the whole, respectively for the in ChivTW used units, of course. I personally never had an info, who did what within the CrusTW unit creation in detail.

At best you install ChivTW 1.0 (modfoldered) into a vanilla RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6, then you can check the units out, ie. quick via the Custom Battle mode. Or alternative you can look into the files, the dmb model name-codes are nearly in all cases the same as in CrusTW, or you look into the ui folder or the edu for the unit names.

I've no time to make an extra-list of all used CrusTW units, there are really a lot in the meantime ... as for Byz units, one Skoutatoi (with sword) model is recently implemented, used as Byz Numerioi in our mod, else, not more Byz units from CrusTW.

In conclusion, i'll change the ChivTW credits and will add your name as unit modeller, where CrusTW is mentioned, plus Dragases as unit skinner, to have that part correct, hope this is okay for you.

DaVinci
    ChivTW Modleader

EDIT

I've added
    Modellers/skinners:
    -Dragases1453/Konstantinos XI
    -Nikephoros
    -Templar019
    -Lentonius
    to the ingame credits list, part CrusTW. This will be a update with patch 1.1.
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 19, 2009 at 08:49 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I'm not really into TWC modding customs, and, sincerely, i don't care if you asked for my permission or not, it doesn't matter anymore.

But it's just that the sudden discovery pissed me off somehow.

And, of course, i'm glad i'm going to be credited

File closed

AI SUPORT ITALI IN ER STRAGGOL FOR GUD FUD

Stereotypical coward \ pasta-eating \ "family" member italian, who talks with a sexy, weird, accent and can perform a wonderful Mandolino solo, eating a pizza under the shadow of the vesuve, gesturing like a madman...Or am i?

299th modder in the bottom 300!!!
    Take that, east-saint-luis!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Ok, thanks.

I'll close this thread now.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.