Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Permission issues

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Permission issues

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Resource: so it seems I got at least some of them right I'll make the proper adjustments thank you. at this point I don't have cattle so I'm kinda / sorta just using leather as subsitution, I probably adjust for new resource again later on .

As I'm primarily dealing with that stated period, I'll probably limit my use to the lighter units for the most part. You said we can't alter model but would things like say.. the light infantry with axe / club for example, I change it so they only have axe or only have club? or in terms of armour to make it more consistent along the armour upgrade lines? (not changing the texture / model itself but the grouping in the mesh files so they only show up with no armour at level 0 and all have some armour at level 1 for example)
    We don't use cattle resource either. But horse.

Please don't modify our units!!! They were composed with a reason and suits to the age when they are available. The whole armour upgrade system is a fantasy anyway.

@St. Polycarpe
    I will say dome to look in.

Hi Csatádi and dome, I'm knin of the project The Medieval World: A Kingdoms Mod, which I hope to lead to a place among the fun and historically accurate mods of the TW world.

I'm hoping that I can totally strip out the vanilla Magyar roster and completely rebuild it around your units, and so I'm hoping that the progress I've made so far meets your criteria. Here is an image of the Magyar starting position:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

You can also see the new symbol designed by my team member Zames and the new faction colors which emulate the symbol.

I'd also like to integrate native Hungarian language names for each unit, so if you guys could help me with that, that would be awesome! I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Knin

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Another mod which starts in 1080? Ah 1081.

You may copy unit names and troop tree from our mod. The 2.15 patch is enough and the English patch.

The Hungarian borders are painfully vanilla. Especially Transylvania on this screen. The Tatra should be higher. The lowlands didn't had such big forests but Transdanubia did (province with Lake BAlaton and Pécs).
    You may check our screen for geography, resources and such.

Good modding!

I tried to copy the borders from the screenshot of your mod, but if you point out where specifically I need to adjust, I'd be happy to do so. I'm also working on a general improvement of ground_types anyway, so I'll add your helpful hints into my list of changes.

Anyways, a huge thanks to you and your team for supporting my mod, I really appreciate it!

Hello
    id like permission to incoperate your units into a submod im making for SS
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=520493
    Its small atm, but im currently in the process of expanding it with CSUR
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...9#post10842759
    None of the the regions for origional SS have been edited in any way, im happy to provide screenshots of the SS map and the family trees to make any changes required.
    Ive already removed transilvanian peasants and battlefield assassins becasue they annoyed me im also intending to remove the slav mercs and the croat axemen as their not very historical and take up unit space.
    The goal would to be to improve the historical accuracy of the SS roster. None of your units would be edited in any way
    Thanks for your consideration

Dave

The Orcs of Gundabad Erin go Bragh FROGS

When I came back to Dublin I was court marshaled in my absence and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence"
    Brendan Behan
    The Irish won an Empire
    The Scots ran an Empire
    The English lost an Empire

"When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, 'Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"
    - Quentin Crisp

There is one weapon that the British cannot take away from us: we can ignore them.
    - Michael Collins

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken.
    - Bobby Sands

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

You may find informations to edit the Carpathian basin here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=142050
    However using a map and a ruler would be enough.
    I can help with the borders if you post the SS map.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Ok, I give it a go. I'm interested in the bow cases and quivers to be used for late Roman, Hunnic/Turkic and Eastern horse archer units. Surely there's no need to reinvent the wheel?

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Ok, I give it a go. I'm interested in the bow cases and quivers to be used for late Roman, Hunnic/Turkic and Eastern horse archer units. Surely there's no need to reinvent the wheel?
    See first post.
    -We don't allow to modify them or to use the parts of the models (for example taking helmets etc.)

But does that part apply to version 2.15 alone or to you mod in general? Because the first lines of your permission policy says:

Our old units in version 2.0 can be used freely if the Magyar Mod team is credited and only for noncommercial use.

Csatádi's Avatar Senator

So you want to use the old peasants quivers, it's OK.

They're located in several textures in the AttachmentSets folder but the ones I mean are paired together in horsearcher_diff.texture. To be more specific my interest goes only to the simple undecorated brown bow case and the simple brown quiver with the crossed laces in the center. Most of all I would like to use them as a base/template/example to create other textures with appropriate decorations for my mod (in which case they would be heavily modified). It would probably constitute a grey zone in modding, and permission is probably not even required if you create something totally new of your own out of it, using the texture as a mere staring point. Nonetheless, I'd like to play it safe. Models for the bow case and quiver aren't really required as I can create them myself, but if I may use them, it would save me some time.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

What if someone wants to use your units (not all of them) in mod that doesn't include Hungary?

That's almost certainly going to be a no.

I fear you're right, but i want to be sure Unfortunatelly, Dome is inactive since april, don't know how to contact him.

Many thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345