Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: EARLY IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN with special rules - Egypt and Khwarezm are AVAILABLE

Default EARLY IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN with special rules - Egypt and Khwarezm are AVAILABLE

This is a projected campaign similar with Dawn of Rennaissance Campaign, but set in the early period where only important factions are playable and players will be surrounded by AI factions so nobody is cornered by other human players.

Because there are many complaints about bugs in SS and the abuse of some features like Jihad, Crusades, spies and assassins, I want any players that are interested about this campaign to make proposals about the rules appliable and the playable factions.

I propose as playable factions :

1. Kingdom of England - Nightbringer

2. Kingdom of France - Decimus Atreides ; Ultra_Magnus

3. Holy Roman Empire - CiviC

4. Kingdom of Leon and Castille - Kinshejsi ; Kawee ; TriforceV

5. Eastern Roman Empire - Empedocles

Republic of Novgorod - Delvecchio1975

7. Moors - eddy_purpus , aslanamca , pesto alla genovese

8. Fatimid Caliphate - garato ; AVAILABLE

9. Khwarezmian Empire - Kaizer Merlox ; Aenima ; AVAILABLE

THE RULES

1. No Jihads or Crusades

2. Limited use of spies. It is forbidden for spies to open the gates in sieges or to assassins to kill family members or generals or to sabotage buildings.

3. Autoresolve battles - this is the most fair way to even the odds, I know some will say that is not perfect, but it's better then a battle where a human player confronts AI.

4. No fog of war.

5. Manage all cities.

6. It is forbidden for players to exchange settlements in order to get free units.

Beware, we play the Stainles Steel 6.1 version.
    Last edited by CiviC; November 27, 2009 at 05:37 AM.

Default Re: EARLY IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN with special rules.

sure, ill give this a try, sign me up for england
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Empedocles's Avatar Domesticus

ERE
    I agree to the rules. although spies should be used only for scouting, they can't stay within cities.

New version of all 77BC and 58BC can be found HERE

are we sure about autoresolve???

If i may, i would like to try playing as Kievan Rus.
    Whats the deal about the spies?

I take Fatimids.
    Indeed,I offer as always, just to limit some activity of spies and assasins.No opening gates,no killing of generals.
    Any battle to confirm by series of screenies.
    bad boy boogie

why should we take screens of battles. I don't get it

Player must to confirm ,that he didn't use spies to open gates.
    bad boy boogie

And we knew now-it s possible to transform any general to 10tars rated and sure someone can do the same with spy...
    More information,less chanses for cheating.
    bad boy boogie

Fryn this is a campaign for experienced players. I have a reserve about your participation. The other players must accept you too.

So we have still to decide about using/how using spies. How about assassins?

I offer to prohibit only to kill members of family.Assasin can be used against others agents and for sabotage.
    Not sure about avtoresolve.
    bad boy boogie

The saying goes….The price of freedom is eternal vigilance….
    IMHO we can't control EVERY movement in the game, so we will have to trust other players that they are not using spies to open gates. I believe it will be a pain in the as* to take one screen every time I siege a city, upload the image and share it to you.
    In fact, if you think about this rule is very easily broken:
    1) load your turn
    2) siege the city
    3) take the screen
    4) reload your turn
    5) Insert the spy
    6) kill everybody within the walls.

of course this is not perfect also, since the screen of point 3 will show no siege equipment (ladders, rams, etc) have been built so you can't take this city in this turn……BUT you can be using siege machinery (catapults, etc) which are perfectly fine (excepto we also ban the use of them)

TO SUM UP… it is a mess trying to control everything, so we shouldl trust each other.

Regards!!!!

Ps: I also support the use of assasins but I do not support autoresolve.

and I vote NO to Fryn recruiting. he has too few posts IMHO. it's nothing personal

Regarding autoresolve, I'm sick of heroic victories. It's not fair a much larger army be defeated by a much smaller one. This is the fundamental bug of such campaigns, that you can't defend but you should let the AI to do it for you. If we could fought multiplayer battles, then spies opening the gates were no problem.

Assassins are very dangerous, they can exterminate a family tree and destroy any faction.
    Last edited by CiviC; April 16, 2009 at 10:50 AM.

We ban the use of catapults?why?
    Screenies.
    Dont think it so pain in the a.
    If you made 3 screenie at least,we know all about a losses in both armies.And can compare such information.
    Moreover how many cities you may attack for 1 turn?Without spies not so many-sure.
    And screenis need only for battle against human.
    bad boy boogie

I played a turn yesterday of a midgame hotseat (turn 29). I fought 4 baattles in the same turn, that would mean 12 screens.
    doesn't that sound too much?

Civic, I agree on autoresolve and assasins

i am fine with whatever you guys decide on
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I'm really confused, if your going to play with Auto-resolve....
    Which is totally cool with me,
    Why would you insist on limiting spies or assassins?,

I mean technically, what made spies unfair in the normal games where there is battlemod is that since sieging a town is in effect because your risk letting the AI defend your armies which they most certainly lose...
    So spies enable the player to open the gate and fight, so in this respect the player can take advantage of the Stupid AI, and win against overwhelming odds.
    However, now since the game is on Auto-resolve it doesn't really matter does it because there is no Stupid AI to take advantage of...

in essence with auto-resolve spies lose what made them so advantageous, it doesn't matter if he opens the gate of a fort or not because now the troops inside can successful repel or at least damage them enough to weaken the advancing army,
    So it seems a bit of overkill to get rid of spies and assassins.

Jihad/Crusade I can understand why you would do this with the bugs, even if its kind of a buzz kill. I understand the reasons to cancel it. But the problem I see here is that Christian nations can attack or disrespect the pope with immunity if they get excommunicated, sure they will probabbly get a bit more disorder, but need not worry about Crusades on them,
    It also limits the appeal of the Pope.

Get back to me and Ill consider joining the Campaign.
    I like the Auto-resolve thing though, I believe for multilayer campaigns Its perhaps the most fair/balanced approach.
    Last edited by TriforceV; April 16, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Spies opening gates it's a very unrealistic feature of the game. I mean how many times in history that happened? In our campaigns this is the rule of sieges. I agree to allow spies in game just for spying. As for assassins they can exterminate family trees and sabotage buildings, something that is again very unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by CiviC View Post
    Spies opening gates it's a very unrealistic feature of the game. I mean how many times in history that happened? In our campaigns this is the rule of sieges. I agree to allow spies in game just for spying. As for assassins they can exterminate family trees and sabotage buildings, something that is again very unrealistic.
    Alright, First of all its not all unrealistic.
    Spies have been known to open gates or open up a back door of keep or something to allow the enemy soldiers to sneak into a fortification during a siege.

One famous example is the Siege of Krak des Chevaliers, This believed impenetrable fortress was built to hold off Muslims to attack, but Saladin was persuaded some muslims residing in the castle to open the gate, (in essence a spy).

Yet this is just one example, remember historically sieges can take place within months to a year, there were on occasion several accounts where outer wall doors during this time could be open by a spy in which troops have successfully sneaked in and killed the troops in their sleep.
    The only thing I agree thats somewhat unrealistic with TW is that its usually not through the main gates before a seige takes place, and unlike total war it only happened on rare occasions.

As for Assassins, killing family trees and sabotaging buildings as being unrealistic, is an ignorant statement .
    There too many accounts of where Assassins have actually been successful at killing Kings, princes, diplomats you name it.. in almost every part of the world, and almost too many to count or have even been recorded.
    as for sabotage, again this too was a reality, all it took was a torch in a hay stack at the stabled and knights found themselves without horses for an attack.

I don't know where your getting your history but common, I though the assassin part was common knowledge.
    The only think you have to fear is... Me.

TRIFORCE.

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast