Page 9 of 165 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718193459109 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 for DM + APE + IS

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Yeah , the old ones gone and I have no other mods that have their own localisation file .
    Edit: In mod manager , it says it only has 1 conflict and thats with "local_en, patch_en" . So I dont think its any of my other mods , since most of them are just retexture mods other than darthmod and BSM .
    Yes that's right. These are the "vanilla" files which my file does overwrite. It should therefore work...

Please read the whole detailed updated installation instructions in the first post.

Hmm , everything seems like it should be working ... Is it suppose to be saved as a movie pack or a mod pack ? Just trying to eliminate some possibilities .
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

I did this:

And saved.

Nothing happens with what I edited. Units still do not do the fire and rank and stand up while firing three ranks deep, one by one. What am I doing wrong here?
    Last edited by TheWorldEngland; May 01, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    Hmm , everything seems like it should be working ... Is it suppose to be saved as a movie pack or a mod pack ? Just trying to eliminate some possibilities .
    It's a "movie" pack type which loads automatically and doesn't need to be activated with the "Mod Manager" or added to the script.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorldEngland View Post
    I did this:
    And saved.
    Nothing happens with what I edited. Units still do not do the fire and rank and stand up while firing three ranks deep, one by one. What am I doing wrong here?
    You did it right. But if an unit can do "platoon_fire_grouped" and "improved..." then the unit will use this fire drill. So if you want to be sure that they ONLY do "rank_fire" you have to delete the two "platoon..." fire drills.

What do you mean, "Two Platoon Fire Drills" I don't understand what you're saying here. When I viewed all of the files by clicking, "Unit ID Ability REF" tab in the Mod Pack Manager (Which, shows all of the abilities for the units), I clicked on Platoon Firing and it shows up for those units that I just edited for Rank and Fire. Are you saying that I need to delete all of them for Fire and Rank to work?

What do you mean, "Two Platoon Fire Drills" I don't understand what you're saying here. When I viewed all of the files by clicking, "Unit ID Ability REF" tab in the Mod Pack Manager (Which, shows all of the abilities for the units), I clicked on Platoon Firing and it shows up for those units that I just edited for Rank and Fire. Are you saying that I need to delete all of them for Fire and Rank to work?
    Delete all rows where the firing drill is "platoon...." and "improved_platoon...".

Thank-You very much! It worked! I'm sorry if I sounded somewhat impatient or nagging with my posts and whatnot and am grateful that you showed extreme patience with this. Thank-You very much with your help! I look forward to seeing your future releases, which, I will happily support and download. (One final comment, can you edit the link in your 165 post, that image isn't really required anymore). Thank You, Again!

Thank-You very much! It worked! I'm sorry if I sounded somewhat impatient or nagging with my posts and whatnot and am grateful that you showed extreme patience with this. Thank-You very much with your help! I look forward to seeing your future releases, which, I will happily support and download. (One final comment, can you edit the link in your 165 post, that image isn't really required anymore). Thank You, Again!
    Great that it worked now for you! No problem... if I have time I really try to help each user.
    Link is deleted in post 165.

TO ALL USERS OF THE STANDALONE AND IMPERIAL SPLENDOR VERSION! (1st May)

Please download the "aum_mod_1_7.pack" or "
    aum_mod_1_7_is.pack" again and overwrite the old one in your ETW data directory. I've fixed the stats based on vanilla patch 1.2 and Imperial Splendor 1.071

Hello and great work!
    Im using APE 1.2.1 playing as prussia and i dont see any new elite line infantrie men anywhere or the come till later?

thanks swiss for this mod! i installed the aum standalone for my IS campain, and it works great! before i had a problem with the aum IS pack, cause the units from aum were weaker than those from IS. so i think there is a problem with the IS aum pack from 1.7.

Quote Originally Posted by StenKilla View Post
    Hello and great work!
    Im using APE 1.2.1 playing as prussia and i dont see any new elite line infantrie men anywhere or the come till later?
    Did you research the required technology? (military_army_machined_rifling)
    Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    thanks swiss for this mod! i installed the aum standalone for my IS campain, and it works great! before i had a problem with the aum IS pack, cause the units from aum were weaker than those from IS. so i think there is a problem with the IS aum pack from 1.7.
    I've updated the "aum_mod_1_7_is.pack" file and you can download it again and overwrite the old one.

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

good work Swiss

Oh yeh thanks!

Burnoutfigs's Avatar Semisalis

Icon7 Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 for DM + APE + IS

I love your mod, but im new to them and wondered. If i wanted to deleted a mini mod like yours, would i just delete the two files or is there something else.

I'm not deleting yours i just would like to know more about what to do so i dont blow up my computer and my wife kill me TWICE!!

Quote Originally Posted by maxsim666 View Post
    good work Swiss
    Quote Originally Posted by StenKilla View Post
    Oh yeh thanks!
    Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnoutfigs View Post
    I love your mod, but im new to them and wondered. If i wanted to deleted a mini mod like yours, would i just delete the two files or is there something else.
    I'm not deleting yours i just would like to know more about what to do so i dont blow up my computer and my wife kill me TWICE!!
    If you activate my "AUM" with the "Mod Manager" then you only have to delete my two files and then it's done.

If you edited your "script" file to load mods, then you have to delete the "AUM" entry too in this file.

Good question! I will update my installation instructions in the first post.

This mod is terrific! Just wondering how I can change the melee weapon of the pioneers from a bayonet to an Axe! I managed to make my blackwatch use swords as they were only UK line infantry allowed (not even marines used swords) but I cant figue it out for making Pioneers into axe wielding engineers! Be great if they were the one unit that could use sand bags and trenches no matter what.

Just a warning to people who will edit to get Grenades for the Horse Grenadiers

If you try to throw Grenades from Horseback the game will CTD

Also do you plan on making more Units?

Hi Guys - anyone recall what the localisation.loc refers to and what it means? I play in english ...

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Saddly, my game suffered a freak accident while trying to make long riflemen availiable to GB, my game started some reason running Boicote's imperium globale mod and I un-installed that, now my GC won't work.
    Dang.

Are you updating soon or will the latest release work with IS 1.72?