Page 8 of 165 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Empire (AUM-EMP) 3.7 - updated 14.3.18

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD (AUM) 1.7 for DM + APE + IS

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorXPS15 View Post
    1.7 Localization pack doesn't seem to fix my problem either. EDIT: Never mind, Swiss. It seems to be fine now. Great mod!
    What did you do that it worked finally?

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    Great Mod! love the new units, but eventhough I downloaded the correct localization pack for 1.7 I still am not getting the names or descriptions of the units. Im not running darth mod, imperial splendour or proper empire.
    Until now I've counted over 45 downloads of my new AUM 1.7 and it seems that only a few people do have serious problems with showing the names of the units.

- Please read the detailed installation instructions to check each step.
    - Download the "correct" version:
    > standalone = vanilla / or no other major mod used which touches the units tables / retextures, sound and flag mods don't make conflicts with AUM.
    > or download one of the three special versions for the three major mods DarthMod, A Proper Empire and Imperial Splendor.

- A good start is to disable all other mods in the "Mod Manager" and/or removing entries from the "script" file to check if another mod is doing conflicts.

- It is important that you put only one "loc" language-file (patch_aum_en_loc_1_7.pack) in your data directory.You don't have to add it into the script file nor activate it with the "Mod Manager".

And thanks for adding in your post which version of my two files you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bongfu View Post
    Is there anyway to make Marines recruitable by Prussia?
    Hello Bongfu, nice to see you here on my thread.

Yes it can be done easily. Open the "aum_mod_1_7**.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" and open the table db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables
    > aum_units_to_groupings_military_permissions

Then add a new row with the button. Edit the two new columns like this:
    1. column = euro_marines_elite / 2. column = prussia_group

After this the Prussians can recruit my marines too.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UNIT LIMIT IN THE UI RECRUITMENT QUEUE

Unfortunately I've recently discovered that the "city recruitment queue" has a limit of 38 units. The other units aren't visible anymore and therefore not recruitable. There isn't any scroll button like in Rome or MTW2.

In this thread below I've made some screenshoots. I've already added a post to the "Official Bug Thread" and informed a CA member with a PM that it will be fixed soon hopefully.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=255974

hi
    i like your mod a lot!!! i started my new campain with bavaria and with the is mod. for some reason, i don't know why, all of the aum units are weaker and have less accuarcy. for example the line inf has 45 accuracy and swiss gardes only 23. is that normal? i was playing darth mod before.

Hi Swiss!!

This is another great add,really!!!

I think I soon have to start a few more campaigns

Great find there with the unit cards. I always wondered how much cards could be displayed properly!?

So whats up next on your list?

The "vanilla" version of this mod has incorrect stats.
    Most stats are unchanged from darth's version so for instance your "elite" line infantry will have 30 accuracy compared to the 45 of regular infantry.

The swiss "pikemen" image has a guy with amusket.
    Personally i'm staying clear from this mod, however good the intentions were.
    They close my modication thread DWWTW ='( please help evryone.

I love your unit pack though I do have a question. Can you tell me how to edit the file so I can have the "Fire by Rank" with all of my current troops?

Quote Originally Posted by Takeda Shingen View Post
    Hi Swiss!!
    This is another great add,really!!!
    I think I soon have to start a few more campaigns
    Great find there with the unit cards. I always wondered how much cards could be displayed properly!?
    So whats up next on your list?
    Yes, unfortunately I discovered the "unit limitation / UI card" problem. But I've sent a PM to a member of CA and I think this can be fixed. The next release will not so fast than the others. As we all have to "test" the new patch and I do start some new campaigns to check again how the AI can handle my custom units with the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by La-De-Dah-Gnr Graham View Post
    Sir, you have surpassed all expectations, adds diversity and colour to the game, well done mate, thanks!!!!
    Thanks a lot! It's inspiring me and I'm pleased that a lot of people do like my mod.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorldEngland View Post
    I love your unit pack though I do have a question. Can you tell me how to edit the file so I can have the "Fire by Rank" with all of my current troops?
    Open the "aum_mod_1_7**.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" and open the table db/unit_to_unit_abilities_junction_tables
    > aum_unit_to_unit_abilities_junction

There you can see which unit can do "what": Some of the units can already "fire_by_rank".
    add a new row with the button. Edit the two new columns like this:
    1. column = UNIT_ID / 2. column = fire_by_rank

You only have to add "fire_by_rank" to units which doesn't have it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by major_payne View Post
    hi
    i like your mod a lot!!! i started my new campain with bavaria and with the is mod. for some reason, i don't know why, all of the aum units are weaker and have less accuarcy. for example the line inf has 45 accuracy and swiss gardes only 23. is that normal? i was playing darth mod before.
    Quote Originally Posted by nodey View Post
    The "vanilla" version of this mod has incorrect stats.
    Most stats are unchanged from darth's version so for instance your "elite" line infantry will have 30 accuracy compared to the 45 of regular infantry.
    The swiss "pikemen" image has a guy with amusket.
    Personally i'm staying clear from this mod, however good the intentions were.
    Hellomajor_payne and nodey, thanks for advising me... I've made a mix up in the first version... sorry for that. I uploaded a new "standalone-vanilla" version with updated stats.

TO ALL USERS OF THE STANDALONE VERSION!

Please re-download the "aum_mod_1_7.pack" again and overwrite the old one in your ETW data directory. I've fixed the stats based on vanilla.

Very nice, is this version stand-alone? Also for your next patch, can you make the Grenzers a trainable unit in the GC?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman999 View Post
    Very nice, is this version stand-alone? Also for your next patch, can you make the Grenzers a trainable unit in the GC?
    You have to download the new "aum_mod_1_7.pack". This is the "standalone" version with balanced stats from vanilla.

Open the "aum_mod_1_7.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" and open the table db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables

1. column = euro_elite_light_infantry_croatian_grenzers / 2. column = great_britain_group

After that Great Britain can recruit the grenzers too.

I've made a updated FAQ section in the first post.

Thank-You for the reply. One quick question though.

I noticed that there's "Four" of those type of units with the same name, each with a various description such as, earthworks, rank fie, square formation, and platoon firing. How exactly do I edit it?
    Last edited by TheWorldEngland; May 01, 2009 at 06:27 PM.

Thank-You for the reply. One quick question though.
    http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6452/packer.jpg
    I noticed that there's "Four" of those type of units with the same name, each with a various description such as, earthworks, rank fie, square formation, and platoon firing. How exactly do I edit it?
    Each "type" represents an ability that an unit can use. Not every custom unit has access to all abilities.

So I'm a bit confused here. I'm in the pack manager and located the files your described within your post. For example, with the European Fusilier, there are four items with different abilities. I see that the first one is entitled, "Fire_rank". So do I just add another column like this:

1. column = UNIT_ID / 2. column = fire_by_rank

Please help me out here, it's somewhat confusing.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    You have to download the new "aum_mod_1_7.pack". This is the "standalone" version with balanced stats from vanilla.

Open the "aum_mod_1_7.pack" file with the "Pack File Manager" and open the table db/units_to_groupings_military_permissions_tables

1. column = euro_elite_light_infantry_croatian_grenzers / 2. column = great_britain_group

After that Great Britain can recruit the grenzers too.

I've made a updated FAQ section in the first post.
    Swiss, I tried doing it, but first the column was un-writeable, also I want Grenzers trainable for Austria, not GB. The problem is their training location. So would there be somehow a way to move the training location from Croatia to maybe say...Vienna?

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    Swiss, I tried doing it, but first the column was un-writeable, also I want Grenzers trainable for Austria, not GB. The problem is their training location. So would there be somehow a way to move the training location from Croatia to maybe say...Vienna?
    How to change the region of an unit:
    Open the downloaded "darthmod.pack" file with the "PFM" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "units_tables/units". Scroll to the right until you see a column called "RegionID". There you can change the region to "austria_home_regions, global, europe, middle_east...". After that save the pack-file.

<_<

My question remains unanswered and I love how you skipped over mine for another user.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

How to change the region of an unit:
    Open the downloaded "darthmod.pack" file with the "PFM" from LtChambers.
    > open the "db" directory and then go to the table "units_tables/units". Scroll to the right until you see a column called "RegionID". There you can change the region to "austria_home_regions, global, europe, middle_east...". After that save the pack-file.
    I can't enter the unit thing with pack manager.
    Also, I don't use/want to use darthmod.

This is strange , the unit names used to come out when I had v1.4 with patch_aum_en_loc_1_4 and now I updated it to v1.7 and put in patch_aum_en_loc_1_7 and now the unit names and info dont come out . Do you think you might know whats causing this ?
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence

<_<
    My question remains unanswered and I love how you skipped over mine for another user.
    ups... your message did probably come up as I was writing the answer of the other user...
    1. column = UNIT_ID / 2. column = rank_fire
    [/quote]
    I mixed it up... surely it has to be rank_fire (updated the FAQ too)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorBatman999 View Post
    I can't enter the unit thing with pack manager.
    Also, I don't use/want to use darthmod.
    You have to de-select "use first column as row header" in the options.

Yes this table is not readable anymore since the last patch. We have to wait until the "PFM" is updated.

OK, I found out what the problem was. I had Lordz MapMod installed which had a localization file of its own. So I guess there was a conflict there.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomMinja View Post
    This is strange , the unit names used to come out when I had v1.4 with patch_aum_en_loc_1_4 and now I updated it to v1.7 and put in patch_aum_en_loc_1_7 and now the unit names and info dont come out . Do you think you might know whats causing this ?
    Did you delete the old "patch_aum_en_loc_1_4"?

It should be only one "loc" file at the same time. Which other mods and "aum_mod_1_7**" do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by smatussek1 View Post
    OK, I found out what the problem was. I had Lordz MapMod installed which had a localization file of its own. So I guess there was a conflict there.
    Yes, other mods which have their own "localisation.loc" make conflicts.

Did you delete the old "patch_aum_en_loc_1_4"?
    It should be only one "loc" file at the same time. Which other mods and "aum_mod_1_7**" do you use?
    Yeah , the old ones gone and I have no other mods that have their own localisation file .

Edit: In mod manager , it says it only has 1 conflict and thats with "local_en, patch_en" . So I dont think its any of my other mods , since most of them are just retexture mods other than darthmod and BSM .
    Last edited by somerandomMinja; May 01, 2009 at 07:20 PM.
    "In the early days he lived life with his eyes un-open ,
    conditioned to always go quietly . One day his father went
    off to war . To fight a war for something that is not worth fighting for .
    A forceful pry at his eyes to see a beautiful world has been taken from you and me .
    'This is killing me', he said to his mother . 'Is this the true face of humanity ?'"
    - Verse , Story Of A Free Man - Chapter 1 : The End Of Innocence